Rush songs you don't like

PuppetKing2112

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 11 2005, 06:23 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 11 2005, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 9 2005, 07:24 PM)
Least favorites? I have none.

I stand by my original post.

But! do you like all the songs on Ged's and Alex's solo albums?

I like Ged's but not Alex's.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ May 9 2005, 06:43 PM)
BLASPHEMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll cut ye legs out from under ye and mount your heads on pikes, I will, for such devil talk!

1287.gif Get 'em me matey!!!

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 9 2005, 06:56 PM)

I'll cut ye legs out from under ye and mount your heads on pikes, I will, for such devil talk!

Will ye join me in cuttin' their jib and swabbing their decks with their own blood?

Here I was thinkin' that I had come to a port of true brethren, only to find such a parcel of henhearted numbskulls and Rush hatin' rapscallions!

Avast, ye scoundrels! Strike ye colors or be boarded! No quarter to ye, no quarter I say!

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ May 9 2005, 07:03 PM)

Will ye join me in cuttin' their jib and swabbing their decks with their own blood?

Here I was thinkin' that I had come to a port of true brethren, only to find such a parcel of henhearted numbskulls and Rush hatin' rapscallions!

Avast, ye scoundrels! Strike ye colors or be boarded! No quarter to ye, no quarter I say!

Agreed!! There is no way I could down-talk a single Rush song!! I've heard em' all before, and have been the judge, AND the jury. I concluded that they all contain an equal amount of passion and brute skill in the songwriting department. Now, not all of them have as much musicianship talent thrown into them, but I can swim in every one of the songs freely... All beautiful!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Uh, sure... first tell me what the hell a jib is. And I'll pass on the blood swabbing gig. scared.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 11 2005, 12:23 PM)
But! do you like all the songs on Ged's and Alex's solo albums?

I have Favorite Headache in the car at the moment. I love the bass riff of the first song.

Couple of duffers in my mind, but damn fine

I dislike Roll the Bones (particularly the rap section)!

Just to add a piece of controversey, I find it hard to believe that anyone could say that they like all of the songs. Even the members of RUSH who wrote the songs don't like all of them!

It's a bit like saying that you like the taste of everything. There must be some scale of preference (maybe with a lot of songs at the upper end) and those at the lower end are the least favourite.

QUOTE (yyz @ May 9 2005, 07:42 PM)
Anagram
Anagram
Anagram

I love that song. I think it quite clever...moreso than the rap attempt on Roll The Bones...IMHO

I don't particularly care for....Tai Shan, High Water, Turn the Page, Totem,Dog Years, Neurotica.. a few others..

Notice I said don't particularly care for..not dislike.. it is hard to truly dislike the work of your favorite artist, I think. You just sometimes shrug your shoulders and have to say ' I don't get it.' Not every hit is a homerun. If it was that easy, we'd all be rock stars.

You feeling me?

wacko.gif

QUOTE (BackStagePass @ Apr 10 2005, 01:58 PM)
Any live Peart solo if I am not in the mood for it

I say he changes it up completely and actually pays an imporvised solo every night or it goes. And I say that as a drummer.

QUOTE (Ludwigvondrummer @ May 12 2005, 07:48 PM)
Puppet...no offense...but how in the hell can u have a NIN pic?????? This is a Rush website and NIN are nowhere near in the same class....no offense btw smile.gif

I'm not even going to answer that question.

QUOTE (bytorcygnus @ May 12 2005, 06:00 PM)
I don't particularly care for....Tai Shan, High Water, Turn the Page, Totem,Dog Years, Neurotica.. a few others..
Notice I said don't particularly care for..not dislike.. it is hard to truly dislike the work of your favorite artist, I think. You just sometimes shrug your shoulders and have to say ' I don't get it.' Not every hit is a homerun. If it was that easy, we'd all be rock stars.

You feeling me?

wacko.gif

yes.gif Pretty much the same, although I like Totem, and Dog Years isn't that bad, but I think Virtuality and Carve Away the Stone are worse. Hey Turn The Page rocks! 653.gif

QUOTE (Ludwigvondrummer @ May 12 2005, 08:48 PM)
Puppet...no offense...but how in the hell can u have a NIN pic?????? This is a Rush website and NIN are nowhere near in the same class....no offense btw smile.gif

I disagree.

BTW, Trent loves Bono.

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 10 2005, 02:29 AM)

Uh, sure... first tell me what the hell a jib is. And I'll pass on the blood swabbing gig. scared.gif

Its OK sullysue - its not a part of the body rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif its a part of a ship....like what holds the sail up:

http://www.history.navy.mil/pics/jib.jpg

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 13 2005, 02:51 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ May 10 2005, 02:29 AM)

Its OK sullysue - its not a part of the body rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif its a part of a ship....like what holds the sail up:

http://www.history.navy.mil/pics/jib.jpg

Very true, rickyrob. 1287.gif

And to further avoid any possible misunderstanding, it is important not to confuse Dread Pirate Robert's cuttin' their jib with the (pretty uncommon) English idiom the cut of one's jib.

Cut of one's jib

One's general appearance or personality, as in I don't like the cut of Ben's jib. In the 17th century the shape of the jib sail often identified a vessel's nationality, and hence whether it was hostile or friendly. The term was being used figuratively by the early 1800s, often to express like or dislike for someone.

[source: http://www.answers.com/topic/cut-of-one-s-jib]

I think sullysue thought it was something quite painful http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb155.gif laugh.gif

Archived