Indoor vs. Outdoor Venues

Lerxst

Although I've been a Rush fan since '84, I was too stupid to see them live until T4E. I've seen all six of their Evening With Rush tours. All have been outdoors and in absolutely perfect weather. bekloppt.gif WOOD. Generally, I prefer indoor shows, but I can't complain about the complete experience of watching the boys play for three hours as the sun sets and the lighting becomes more intense.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you can make a blanket statement one way or another about sound quality being better indoors or outdoors. For me, it totally depends on a million different things, especially the venue.

Here in Southern California, we have Verizon Wireless in Irvine (outdoors) and the sound quality has always been absolutely awesome. Seeing them there one week from today and I can't wait. It's such a great place to watch a concert.

On the other hand, we have Honda Center in Anaheim and that has been very hit and miss for me....something about that place provides crappy sound, and that is indoors

After coming back from Columbus I have to say I prefer indoors for sure. No temp/weather worries, it's not light for the first half, lights are better indoors to me, don't have to fight the crowd in an outdoor venue that has lawn "first come" seating, prefer the indoor sound as well.