Any Rap Fans

tkdryan

QUOTE (tel @ Jul 11 2010, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 11 2010, 02:25 PM)
You know there is a lot of bad music out there, rap included.  And, there is a lot of good music out there, rap included.  It's really that simple.  Isn't it?

no...call me old fashioned but when i see these "rappers" dripping in gold posing next to there hummers parked outside there beverly hills mansions and wearing a silly hat,i just feel so sad.

i dont appreciate being called a mother f*cker by some bloke who talks fast to music whilst waving a gun in my face and wearing a daft hat!

the bands i do respect are the ones who spend years learning there craft,gigging small clubs and bars and trying to get a record deal,without needing to wear a daft hat

What do you think of this:

http://www.repack.us/v2/images/stories/albums/Hinder_take_it_to_the_limit.jpg

It's a rock band. They're standing in front of two expensive cars, parked in front of a mansion, with scantily-clad women on the front porch. Nickelback's "Rockstar" addresses the same old things, in addition to having "drug dealers on speed dial".

The whole "glam" thing (mansions, the objectification of women, expensive cars, etc.) isn't restricted to rap.

QUOTE (tel @ Jul 11 2010, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 11 2010, 02:25 PM)
You know there is a lot of bad music out there, rap included.  And, there is a lot of good music out there, rap included.  It's really that simple.  Isn't it?

no...call me old fashioned but when i see these "rappers" dripping in gold posing next to there hummers parked outside there beverly hills mansions and wearing a silly hat,i just feel so sad.

i dont appreciate being called a mother f*cker by some bloke who talks fast to music whilst waving a gun in my face and wearing a daft hat!

the bands i do respect are the ones who spend years learning there craft,gigging small clubs and bars and trying to get a record deal,without needing to wear a daft hat

You're generalizing.

The Roots are a hip-hop band that's done exactly what you admire.

I pretty much hate hair metal, but there are a few songs I enjoy.

Good music is good music, regardless of its genre.

KI can Listen to Rockstar Because the guys from ZZ top contribute to the song.

Digital Underground " I once got busy in a burger king bathroom."

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 12 2010, 08:05 PM)
i don't give a f**k

tupac with his bandmates from digital underground.  cool10.gif

I have that record (2Pacalypse Now) but I've only heard it like once. The reason I got it was because of that song. It f***ing owns. yes.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 12 2010, 09:33 PM)
Rap is TRASH!!

yes.gif wink.gif

Come on Trout! I know you have a small part in your Rush Heart for some RUN DMC.

"Raising Hell" is a great record.

I do hate all modern rap.

I love:

Sugar Hill Gang

Grandmaster Flash

RUN DMC

Whodini

LLCOOLJ

Beastie Boys

NWA

That's about it. Some NAS is ok.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 12 2010, 11:33 PM)
Rap is TRASH!!

yes.gif wink.gif

Absolutely. Rap "music" is so completely opposite in every way to the Beatles, Zeppelin, Yes, Rush, etc. that i find it difficult to understand how Rush fans can take seriously or like it at all.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jul 13 2010, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 12 2010, 11:33 PM)
Rap is TRASH!!

yes.gif  wink.gif

Absolutely. Rap "music" is so completely opposite in every way to the Beatles, Zeppelin, Yes, Rush, etc. that i find it difficult to understand how Rush fans can take seriously or like it at all.

Different eyes see different things. I don't see how so many kids, including my friends, love all of these shitty, generic pop-rock groups (see: the entire Fueled by Ramen roster sans Paramore and Panic! At the Disco) or the shitty, generic screamo groups (Attack Attack!, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada)... but I don't look down at people who like them.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 13 2010, 12:39 AM)
I do hate all modern rap.

Buy that Lupe Fiasco album I mentioned earlier! yes.gif laugh.gif

I think you'd like it. It's a phenomenal record.

Deltron 3030, his album is amazing. a concept album about rap in the future.

Josh Eppard, the old drummer from coheed's album is damn good.

the past few months i have had Kid Cudi's the Man on the Moon : End of Days in steady rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJa5_2wqN_I

Common is another really good one.

Archived