*spoiler* One thing I hope changes

I told myself I wouldn't look at the setlist this tour. That lasted about two minutes.

Unlike what seems to be the majority on here, I'm actually a fan of the setlist. I've seen them every tour since R30, and 11 of the songs (including the two new ones) will be first-timers for me. So I'm excited. But here's one plea to the band:

PLEASE no Alex rants on La Villa. I'm a huge fan of that song live, and I haven't seen it since 2004 so it's not going to seem played-out to me. What has worn out its welcome is the Alex rant. It was funny on the VT tour but by the end of R30 he was just doing the same pirate schtick every night. It got old. We'll know tomorrow for sure, but hopefully they just play this song straight without Alex's rant.

Anybody agree?

I can go either way on the rant, mainly because it's often too noisy and he doesn't enunciate clearly enough to be fully understood at the time - only when listening to recordings do I sometimes get exactly what he's saying. But still... it's a good way for Alex to have some fun, and that's important wink.gif lol

(and I agree with you, I like the rumored setlist.)

Edited by danielmclark

I think the rants were okay and funny at first. The rant I heard in DC in July 02 was pretty out there. Alex was justified to do them on the R30 tour after the "incident" to relieve a little steam off.

Just hope they don't abridge La Villa and then it goes straight into the next song. Close to complete if possible +/- the intro.

If getting Alex's guitar intro to La Villa means shedding the rant, then so be it.

I haven't heard sixteen of these songs yet. My only problem with the set is that there are songs that I'd rather hear, but otherwise I like/love all of these songs. Hearing "Presto" is probably the one thing I'm most excited about, asides from all of MP.

I liked his rant but I doubt he'll do it again. He might ramble something for a few seconds but nothing like he did on VT. I wouldn't worry about that too much this time around. By the end of VT, I'm sure it was starting to get old, not to mention exhausting for Alex. It's a pretty safe bet to say the rant has run it's course.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:17 PM)
I told myself I wouldn't look at the setlist this tour. That lasted about two minutes.

Unlike what seems to be the majority on here, I'm actually a fan of the setlist. I've seen them every tour since R30, and 11 of the songs (including the two new ones) will be first-timers for me. So I'm excited. But here's one plea to the band:

PLEASE no Alex rants on La Villa. I'm a huge fan of that song live, and I haven't seen it since 2004 so it's not going to seem played-out to me. What has worn out its welcome is the Alex rant. It was funny on the VT tour but by the end of R30 he was just doing the same pirate schtick every night. It got old. We'll know tomorrow for sure, but hopefully they just play this song straight without Alex's rant.

Anybody agree?

one rant, lerxt only coughed into his mic for 5 minutes, then asked the crowd: "anyone want a microphone??"

love the rants!! a little spontinaety from the boys is fine by me!

i think by tonight, we'll see that the lists we've seen are close...but gems will be added...