SPOILERS - Pre Production Pics

sundog

QUOTE (Transparent Green @ Jun 19 2010, 02:18 PM)
"Blind Man in the market, buying what we're sold."

Hmmmm. BU2B has a passing allusion to something "for sale."

Guess I'll hafta wait til' Red Rocks to find out!

This guy does raise a valid point. It could have something to do with BU2B.

Or maybe Superconductor wink.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone notice the "1" next to the lyrics to TSOR? That's pretty much insinuating that it's the opener. Another thing to note is that it seems MP will be straight through and not split up.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 19 2010, 07:26 PM)
Does anyone notice the "1" next to the lyrics to TSOR? That's pretty much insinuating that it's the opener. Another thing to note is that it seems MP will be straight through and not split up.

Yes, even more reason and proof that the posted rumored setlist is complete BS!

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 19 2010, 10:46 PM)

Well, even IF this TSOR deal is what it appears to be, you still can't blame the other guy for posting his findings and calling it BS. He had nothing to gain from lying, and was just posting what he was told... but that was a month ago, things may have changed - who knows?

However, I personally would like to hear TSOR as an opener over "the other song" (spoiler purposes). It has more energy and a faster pace to get me going right at the start

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 19 2010, 11:00 PM)

Well, even IF this TSOR deal is what it appears to be, you still can't blame the other guy for posting his findings and calling it BS. He had nothing to gain from lying, and was just posting what he was told... but that was a month ago, things may have changed - who knows?

However, I personally would like to hear TSOR as an opener over "the other song" (spoiler purposes). It has more energy and a faster pace to get me going right at the start

With all due respect, how do we know this setlist was even emailed to him?

I think he made it up and alot of people fell for it. Yeah, it was a cool setlist but had more holes in it than I care to mention or rehash.

I think that if someone lies about having inside info and posts something that is untrue, it's fair to call it BS.

I highly doubt the setlist has changed that much from a month ago. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say it hasn't. That would be a logistical nightmare. No way did that happen.

Either it's real or BS. No way did it change that drastically.

Only time will tell I suppose.

I agree though, TSOR is a great opener! trink39.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 20 2010, 01:09 AM)

I think he made it up and alot of people fell for it. Yeah, it was a cool setlist but had more holes in it than I care to mention or rehash.

I think that if someone lies about having inside info and posts something that is untrue, it's fair to call it BS.

I highly doubt the setlist has changed that much from a month ago. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say it hasn't. That would be a logistical nightmare. No way did that happen.

Fair enough... I just found him believable, because the setlist made the most sense to me. But then again, what other setlists have been posted for us that can hold a candle to this one? Almost zero. This setlist actually had songs that seemed logical and almost universally agred upon by anybody in the Rush universe. It is clear that everyone else's setlists were definite "wishlists", not solid ground to tread upon.

So I guess with that logic in mind, it's why i found his so believeable.

Now, we have clear photos that are hinting at some of the setlist nuances, specifically the "break-up of MP between sets" which doesn't show to occur here, and now TSOR as the opener. This reminds me of another user of this forum who I have doubted from the beginning...... so far he's made sense doh.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 20 2010, 01:41 AM)

Fair enough... I just found him believable, because the setlist made the most sense to me. But then again, what other setlists have been posted for us that can hold a candle to this one? Almost zero. This setlist actually had songs that seemed logical and almost universally agred upon by anybody in the Rush universe. It is clear that everyone else's setlists were definite "wishlists", not solid ground to tread upon.

Now, we have clear photos that are hinting at some of the setlist nuances, specifically the "break-up of MP between sets" which doesn't show to occur here, and now TSOR as the opener. This reminds me of another user of this forum who I have doubted from the beginning...... so far he's made sense doh.gif

If the S&A tour has taught us anything, it's that setlists don't necessarily have to "make sense". I would have never guessed in a million years they would play 5 new songs in a row to open a set. Or that they would play Entre Nous. Or Digital Man.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 01:57 AM)

If the S&A tour has taught us anything, it's that setlists don't necessarily have to "make sense". I would have never guessed in a million years they would play 5 new songs in a row to open a set. Or that they would play Entre Nous. Or Digital Man.

Also very true.. I remember getting turned off by the midway of set 2. That was WAY too much for me, I couldn't handle it laugh.gif

Geddy made a statement about how this tour's setlist is going to be "quite different" from the last tour. Someone posted it in another thread (can't remember which). I posted the following:

Well, this means either:

1. Score Out is wrong - or -

2. Geddy's in denial (at least somewhat)

We'll see.....

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Jun 20 2010, 12:29 AM)
Is that an 8-stringed headstock that I see in the "For Sale" picture?

Yep. That's the Garrison octave mandolin, which Alex capoes and plays as a mandola. Workin' Them Angels & Half The World are the only songs I can think of that Alex uses the octave (the studio version of TWTWB Alex plays the octave but on tour he didn't).

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 20 2010, 06:36 AM)

Yep. That's the Garrison octave mandolin, which Alex capoes and plays as a mandola. Workin' Them Angels & Half The World are the only songs I can think of that Alex uses the octave (the studio version of TWTWB Alex plays the octave but on tour he didn't).

This is really why I love the Forum. Somebody sees something and has a question about it, and someone else has an answer. TRF at its best right here.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 20 2010, 07:48 AM)

This is really why I love the Forum. Somebody sees something and has a question about it, and someone else has an answer. TRF at its best right here.

Yes, thanks redtamas. I was trying to remember which S&A song he uses that for. Hopefully it's there for Half the World, but something tells me it isn't. sad.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (subdivisions man @ Jun 17 2010, 09:04 PM)
I noticed that one of the videos had the words "for sale" in it. The only song I can think of that has those words is Superconductor.

i suspect that's an image that will be up during either spirit of radio ( echos with the sound of salesmen ", or more likely, from bu2b ( " buying what we're sold "

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Jun 20 2010, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 20 2010, 07:48 AM)

Yes, thanks redtamas. I was trying to remember which S&A song he uses that for. Hopefully it's there for Half the World, but something tells me it isn't. sad.gif bolt.gif

trink39.gif

If they METALED!! up Half The World a little bit...Alex could do some shredding wankery...Neil speeding up the pace with some death METAL!! double bass flailing...Geddy could shave his head and add some corpse paint...

That would be METAL!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 20 2010, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 20 2010, 10:56 AM)
http://arrowsmith-images.info/Arrowsmith-I...Machine.html#31

There's a setlist spoiler that makes me kinda happy smile.gif

Why? I don't follow.

I was left asking the same question. Its just the roof of the rehearsal... well, I was going to say room, but its more of a space.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 20 2010, 01:17 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

I was left asking the same question. Its just the roof of the rehearsal... well, I was going to say room, but its more of a space.

Okay I looked at it and thought "hm that light projection looks like one of the gears they use during Between the Wheels"

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 20 2010, 06:17 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

Ah. I get it now. Its not a new song to the setlist, and that lighting is basically the same as it is on Snakes and Arrows Live, and R30.

Its Between the Wheels.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

Thankyou Mr. Arrowsmith for the very cool pics! trink39.gif Now that's a job i'd love to have!

Thankyou Sundog and the Rush girls rock facebook lady too! smile.gif

Damn, I am so envious of all you cats that will get to see them this year! Have an awesome time!

I really hope they can make it over to the UK next year.