Best King Crimson Vocalist

The Owl

Which King Crimson Vocalist  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which King Crimson Vocalist

• Greg Lake (In the Court of the Crimson King- In the Wake of Poseidon)
    • Gordon Haskell (Lizard)
    • Boz Burrell (Islands)
    • John Wetton (Larks' Tongues in Aspic - Red)
    • Adrian Belew (Discipline - Current Vocalist)

This is hard.... I love Greg Lake on the first 2 albums, but I am still going with John Wetton......... Those 3 albums are amazing.......

I need more Adrian Belew era KFC.. all I have is Discipline, and Three of a Perfect Pair..

I do not like Haskell's vocals on Lizard, and was easily outshone by the guest vocalist on that album and it's title track in the form of Yes's Jon Anderson.

I have not listened to "Islands" and most of the time I as about it, I get recommended to stay away from that album and Burrell's vocals.

Greg Lake simply because he has one of the best voices ever.

I wonder if some people are voting based on the albums instead of the vocalist. If I were to do that I would vote for Gordon Haskell just because Lizard is my absolutely favorite KFC album, but clearly Greg Lake is a far better vocalist.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 14 2010, 04:16 AM)
I need more Adrian Belew era KFC.. all I have is Discipline, and Three of a Perfect Pair..

Get The Power to Believe, is one of the best Belew albums.

I have not listened to "Islands" and most of the time I as about it, I get recommended to stay away from that album and  Burrell's vocals.

It's one of my favourite albums, and you're missing out on that one.

But it gets a lot of flack for being romantic and super-mellow (just one heavy track on it). Anyway, Burrell's vocals are great IMHO, listen to The Letters.

It's a tough choice. I'd give my preference to Wetton, but he kinda sold out later. Lake is great but turned soon into a lazy snob. Burrel went to Bad Company and Belew... don't like him so much.

Well, Wetton it is.

I went with Wetton.

Though Belew fit them perfectly for that 80s sound..and i love Belews quirky voice..his solo stuff is awesome.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2010, 10:09 PM)

I wonder if some people are voting based on the albums instead of the vocalist.

I almost went that route because I love the Wetton/Bruford era of KC. But then looked beyond and I enjoy Lake over Wetton outside of KC. So Lake got my vote.

Archived