Rush getting paid $450,000

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 01:10 PM)
It kind of looks like they get paid depending on how many people are in the band.

Rihanna is far more popular than Rush in todays music, and can easily draw a bigger crowd than them anywhere she plays, shes pretty much the new madonna, hit after hit for years now, yet shes getting 200k, because its just her and a bunch of no name musicians and dancers behind her. Rush is getting 450k for 3 guys.

Makes sense I guess.

She might have a ton of hits but how many seats does she sell ? If she does not tour alot she will get a smaller amount of $ until she shows the promoters she can put an ass in a seat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 28 2010, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 01:10 PM)
It kind of looks like they get paid depending on how many people are in the band.

Rihanna is far more popular than Rush in todays music, and can easily draw a bigger crowd than them anywhere she plays, shes pretty much the new madonna, hit after hit for years now, yet shes getting 200k, because its just her and a bunch of no name musicians and dancers behind her. Rush is getting 450k for 3 guys.

Makes sense I guess.

She might have a ton of hits but how many seats does she sell ? If she does not tour alot she will get a smaller amount of $ until she shows the promoters she can put an ass in a seat

A lot. My sister saw her at giants stadium. She headlined with some no name rapper opening up, and it was sold out. Im not sure Rush could pull that off. She's huge right now, has been for the last 3 or 4 years so shes a big concert draw.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 28 2010, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ May 26 2010, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (New World Double Agent @ May 24 2010, 07:42 PM)
Rush should be getting the $1,000,000 instead of those homos.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 2.gif

I'm sure not every homo is happy being compared to Aerosmith 062802puke_prv.gif

Anyway, Aeroshit was booked in The Netherlands for a venue of 40,000, but they had to move them because they sold only 7,000 tickets so far. laugh.gif

Rest my case.

Good point.

Aero's only getting that much because most will be spent on their Sealed Air bubble wrap stage - something new for them, due to Tyler's repeated problems with gravity.

unsure.gif wha?

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 28 2010, 03:15 PM)
I'll certainly play my violin for three guys making $150,000 each for three hours work.

Just a travesty.

They dont each take that in. That money goes to a lot of other places aside from them.

I remember reading that when U2 plays a gig where they pull in a total of 1 mil similar to Aerosmith, they each take in about 50k for a couple hours of work, the other 800k is spoken for by their management, people running the tour, etc... Still awesome money though.

So thats why im guessing Rush might take in maybe 25-30k each. Just a guess though, just depends on the deal, its different every band.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 04:06 PM)
I'll certainly play my violin for three guys making $150,000 each for three hours work.

Just a travesty.

They dont each take that in. That money goes to a lot of other places aside from them.

I remember reading that when U2 plays a gig where they pull in a total of 1 mil similar to Aerosmith, they each take in about 50k for a couple hours of work, the other 800k is spoken for by their management, people running the tour, etc... Still awesome money though.

So thats why im guessing Rush might take in maybe 25-30k each. Just a guess though, just depends on the deal, its different every band.

I'm sure that's close, although I would venture to guess that U2 has dozens more in their employ than does Rush.

And yes, it is awesome money. "Hard to get your mind around" money.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 03:06 PM)

Just a travesty.

And you are privy to this information how exactly?

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2010, 06:19 PM)
That is a joke ,Aerosmith getting that payday

They're far more popular than Rush ever was though. It makes sense they would get paid twice as much as Rush, they'll draw a lot more ppl than Rush will.

Not over here. Like I said before, only 7,000 tickets sold, with Rush on the S&A tour did 2 night at the AHOY Stadium, I guess 8,000 a night.

Aero has hits, Rush? No one has ever heard of 'em here

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 28 2010, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 03:06 PM)

Just a travesty.

And you are privy to this information how exactly?

Same way we know rush is making 450k for that show, articles. You know, I read. It helps.

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 28 2010, 05:52 PM)

They're far more popular than Rush ever was though. It makes sense they would get paid twice as much as Rush, they'll draw a lot more ppl than Rush will.

Not over here. Like I said before, only 7,000 tickets sold, with Rush on the S&A tour did 2 night at the AHOY Stadium, I guess 8,000 a night.

Well Im talking about in the US, which is where Rush has had most of its success. Here Aerosmith is far more well known and has had a hell of a lot of hits. In the 90s alone I believe they had like 8 top 10 singles, and they were huge in the 70s and 80s too.

Not much going on in the 00's, same as Rush.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 29 2010, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 28 2010, 05:52 PM)

Well Im talking about in the US, which is where Rush has had most of its success. Here Aerosmith is far more well known and has had a hell of a lot of hits. In the 90s alone I believe they had like 8 top 10 singles, and they were huge in the 70s and 80s too.

Not much going on in the 00's, same as Rush.

I think you missed the point, so again:

In the US, maybe for every 1000 people that know AS, 100 people know Rush.

In The Netherlands, for every 1000 people that know AS, 1 person knows Rush.

Still, Rush sells more concert tickets than AS, now how can this be??

Because Rush fans care about their band, Rush goes deeper than just some background music in the mall where you hear AS, but, luckily NOT Rush.

And AS may be selling more, and be well known, but in the end, when it comes right down to get your ass to a concert, all those people who know their music just don't care and don't do the effort.

Get it??