2010 FIFA World Cup

g under p

Thank God for Argentina - If Mexico even came close to playing good in this match or god forbid win, i would hear endless parties and horn honking for days on end being less than 5 miles from TJ - Edited by alphseeker

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentina kicking Mexican ass!

Like I said at the outset, the winner will be either Brazil, Germany or Argentina, with spain and Holland maybe going as far as the final or semis...depending on the draw...

(I didn't expect Italy to be so shit btw)

I'd imagine the Germans will say that disallowed goal is 44 years of Karma. But if the odd rarity of a wrongly disallowed goal is stopping America from falling in love with football, then the US doesn;t deserve the game! EVERY sport has questionable calls.

And now, finally, we're seeing the overrated teams fall like dominoes; the US, England, France, Italy. Maybe it'll get even more exciting now.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 27 2010, 09:47 PM)
I'd imagine the Germans will say that disallowed goal is 44 years of Karma. But if the odd rarity of a wrongly disallowed goal is stopping America from falling in love with football, then the US doesn;t deserve the game! EVERY sport has questionable calls.

And now, finally, we're seeing the overrated teams fall like dominoes; the US, England, France, Italy. Maybe it'll get even more exciting now.

Disallowed goal or not EngERland were crap...and it would not have made any difference to the outcome.

Were was John Terry - every goal the Germans scored

Rooney got the ball 3 times and fell over 3 times - absolute rubbish!!

If I was an Engerland fan over there I would be spitting feathers and demanding these overrated, overpaid, headline grabbing individuals paid me my money back....

Capello...can't even understand English (mind you neither can Rooney, Gerrard and Cole laugh.gif )

QUOTE (nebbish @ Jun 27 2010, 03:57 PM)

Disallowed goal or not EngERland were crap...and it would not have made any difference to the outcome.

If I was an Engerland fan over there I would be spitting feathers and demanding these overrated, overpaid, headline grabbing individuals paid me my money back....

Capello...can't even understand English (mind you neither can Rooney, Gerrard and Cole laugh.gif )

All that starting 11 should be dropped now, it's time to give youth a chance. The new kids might be shite too, but Terry and Lampard and Gerrard and co have had their chances and they are done...

Rooney is young enough but he's been exposed as inept in the last few weeks. He looked unfit and unable, lacking energy or spark. I think he wasted most of his energy shooting a series of Nike commercials where he sports a ZZ Top beard and lives in a caravan. Maybe he'd play better if he actually DID live in a caravan...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2010, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (nebbish @ Jun 27 2010, 03:57 PM)

All that starting 11 should be dropped now, it's time to give youth a chance. The new kids might be shite too, but Terry and Lampard and Gerrard and co have had their chances and they are done...

Rooney is young enough but he's been exposed as inept in the last few weeks. He looked unfit and unable, lacking energy or spark. I think he wasted most of his energy shooting a series of Nike commercials where he sports a ZZ Top beard and lives in a caravan. Maybe he'd play better if he actually DID live in a caravan...

You nailed it with Rooney - he's been inept because he's injured. He did nothing for United in the final bit of the season after coming back from injury. The guy just isn't fit. Fergie rushed him back, and Capello shouldn't have relied on him.

It'd be good for England if the new manager uses as many Aston Villa players as he can. Lampard and co. are done.

One sided scores in the Germany-England and Argentina-Mexico games saved Blatter and his crusade against instant replays. In both instances, the losing teams were hurt by horrible calls from the refs. No matter, England and Mexico were killed after those occurences. As far as play acting goes, Italy implemented yellow cards for embelishment years back because things were getting out of control there. Unfortunately, it didn't stop. The "beautiful" game will have to remain a little less beautiful, I guess. eh.gif

Since I watched that marathon tennis match all these 90 minute football games seem to fly in no time and don't seem as important as a result. I'm like it's over already?? ohmy.gif It's not a proper sport anymore like it's a 10 minute 2-aside at the local park but on TV or something...

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2010, 04:38 PM)
So glad the Germans added the 2 extra goals;  the disallowed goal was a mess and if the final score was 2-1 I'd honestly say I wouldn't have enjoyed the win as much  eh.gif

Having said that....

GO GERMANY!!!  1287.gif

I cheer for Germany as a tribute to my father who was born there and who I've never met.  He passed away in 1992.  I never even knew what he looked like until last year when given a photo of him. smile.gif

I think you'll find the score was actually 1-1 dear chap; three of the German goals did not cross the line

I'm not even sure that Tevez's second goal was clearly in either - I think FIFA require the ball to bust through the net and knock one of the photographers unconscious before it officially counts

After England's dismal showing on Sunday, it seems that Capello is really pulling out all the stops in preparation for the qualifiers for the Euros when they start:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/yyz2112/37278_131368370227006_1000006153269.jpg

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 28 2010, 05:04 PM)
After England's dismal showing on Sunday, it seems that Capello is really pulling out all the stops in preparation for the qualifiers for the Euros when they start:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/yyz2112/37278_131368370227006_1000006153269.jpg

Not a bad line-up, but the one on the far right is a ridiculous choice...

cool.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 29 2010, 08:10 PM)
Uruguay-Ghana, Germany-Argentina, Holland-Brazil, Spain-Paraguay. tempted.gif

Uruguay-Ghana is a bit of a wild card line-up, that's were France and England would have faced each other if they hadn't been so shit. And spain would have been up against Italy if the Italians hadn't been so dismal.

My picks are;

Uruguay over Ghana, Brazil over Holland, Argentina over Germany and spain over Paraguay.

Congratulations to the Dutch Team. That was a great match but Netherland played better and deserved to Win.

Ufourtantly, our team was so worried on not getting nervous that forgot to put their head over their shoulders on the second half. However we don't think Brazil is a shame, we just can't be always the best. Anyway, now let's hope against Argentina!

Insteresting Historical facts: Brazil and Netherlands has played 10 times in history. Brazil won 4. Netherlands won 4. Each have scored 15 goals.

Compared to other countries, The Brazilian Selection (as we call our team) has played agains 84 other national teams in history, only Hungary and Norway have historical advantage against Brazil, and now the Netherlands has a draw.

In other wods: COME ON, YOU CLOCKWORK ORANGES! IT'S TIME TO WIN A CUP!!

Edited by DrManhattan

Wow Brazil got beat. When they were 1-0 up I thought the win for Brazil was inevitible but there you go. Well done the Dutch! I notice the Man City guy scored again, maybe that was the problem, if your best scorer plays for Manchester City a World Cup win probably isn't on the cards...

And so what looked like being an all latin semi-final line-up could end up European dominated after it looked like south American football had taken over.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 2 2010, 07:02 PM)
Nobody is talking about Ghana and Uruguay? Really? That was easily one of the best and most exciting games of the cup.

Well, I liked the crossbar at the end of extra time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif