2010 FIFA World Cup

g under p

For me it has to be a country in South America my top FIVE....

1. Brazil.. seems to be able to turn it up a level when they need to. More players needed if the chemistry comes together this will be the team to beat.

2. Spain....Top notch goalkeeper in Casillas. By winning EURO 2008, Spain seemed to get the monkey off their backs in terms of a reputation for not performing at the international level.

3. Argentina..Performed well at times and over the last couple of World Cups have been the most talented team. With Diego as their coach, this could take them far.

4. England....This team seems jinxed and unable to live up to high expectations.

5. France.....They will miss Zidane and it is unclear what kind of form Vieira and Henry will be in.

Your thoughts...

Edited by g under p

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to predict this time around. Europeans lose a lot of their value when the tournament is being played outside the old continent because of the heat and humidity. I understand South Africa, in June, is very comfortable so Europe has a chance. I still believe it's Brazil's turn.

QUOTE (g under p @ May 22 2010, 01:34 PM)
For me it has to be a country in South America my top FIVE....

1. Brazil.. seems to be able to turn it up a level when they need to. More players needed if the chemistry comes together this will be the team to beat.

2. Spain....Top notch goalkeeper in Casillas. By winning EURO 2008, Spain seemed to get the monkey off their backs in terms of a reputation for not performing at the international level.

3. Argentina..Performed well at times and over the last couple of World Cups have been the most talented team. With Diego as their coach, this could take them far.

4. England....This team seems jinxed and unable to live up to high expectations.

5. France.....They will miss Zidane and it is unclear what kind of form Vieira and Henry will be in.

Your thoughts...

add Portugal to that list......they will be good

The European teams should perform well as it's the South African winter.

It's got the potential to be an open cup this year; Brazil will be there, Europe is looking strong; Spain, England, Germany, Italy and Holland will al be in with a shout, and never rule out the French. Could be some Asian teams springing a surprise or two. Biggest dissapointment will be Argentina - Scraped through qualifying, and their 23 is mystifying; why leave out Cambiasso?

Alas, it'll be another infuriating summer of English tabloid hyperbole, Brazil running wild (probably), and the beautiful game's name being desecrated by you lot over the seas wink.gif

England will look average, then go on to look ok as they qualify through the first phase, then they'll go out in the quarter finals...

The winner will be one of the usual suspects: Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Italy

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 23 2010, 05:26 PM)

It's got the potential to be an open cup this year; Brazil will be there, Europe is looking strong; Spain, England, Germany, Italy and Holland will al be in with a shout, and never rule out the French. Could be some Asian teams springing a surprise or two. Biggest dissapointment will be Argentina - Scraped through qualifying, and their 23 is mystifying; why leave out Cambiasso?

Alas, it'll be another infuriating summer of English tabloid hyperbole, Brazil running wild (probably), and the beautiful game's name being desecrated by you lot over the seas wink.gif

If only Wales could qualify eh?

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 23 2010, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 23 2010, 05:26 PM)

If only Wales could qualify eh?

wink.gif

We'd take the tournament by storm. Brazil wouldn't know what had hit them - probably Martyn Williams.

http://blogigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2010-FiFa-World-Cup.png

Will or can the USA play better in this World Cup than the last.

QUOTE (g under p @ May 23 2010, 06:35 PM)
http://blogigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2010-FiFa-World-Cup.png

Will or can the USA play better in this World Cup than the last.

USA has to watch out for Slovenia. They have a stronger team than people think. England, that's a given.

England. Watch them. They have the team, but more importantly they have a manager who rises above the "Ingurland remember 1966 we invented the game blah blah blah" media horseshit, so won't be distracted by the nonsense.

I hope they do it, but I would like the US to beat them at "sawker" though....

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 25 2010, 05:30 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 25 2010, 08:51 AM)
For very obvious reasons I hope France win f*** all, cheating cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I always thought France were a decent, respectable team. Not sure what you're harping on about with this 'cheats' business.

Loony.

I think he's talking about Henry. yes.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 25 2010, 11:22 AM)
For very obvious reasons I hope France win f*** all, cheating cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I always thought France were a decent, respectable team. Not sure what you're harping on about with this 'cheats' business.

Loony.

The lost art of a sarcastic statement.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 25 2010, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ May 25 2010, 11:22 AM)

Loony.

The lost art of a sarcastic statement.

rofl3.gif

Lowest form of wit you know.

Injuries are going to play a key role in this year's World Cup. I think it was Germany or England had an injury today.

Anybody taking time off work during the World Cup? I've got a vacation saved up so I'll be able to catch at least some of these games. Gotta get ready for those 6:00am starts. wacko.gif

I don't know how far the USA team will go due to this being the youngest team since 1994.

Has anyone noticed the amount of advertising ESPN is placing on the 2010 World Cup. it's like a poker game and they're going ALL IN with U2 as the theme songs.