2010 FIFA World Cup

g under p

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 24 2010, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 24 2010, 01:48 PM)
That goal was not offside.

Arrivederci Italia bekloppt.gif

smile.gif

That really did not respond to my statement but ok. pokey.gif

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 24 2010, 01:03 PM)
How does the U.S. stack up to Ghana? Do we have a chance?

U.S. won't get near the finals.

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 24 2010, 01:05 PM)
How does the U.S. stack up to Ghana?  Do we have a chance?

U.S. won't get near the finals.

I'm not THAT ignorant about soccer. I'm looking at this thing one game at a time. I realize that we'll probably never be a power house in soccer because our best athletes play other sports. I'm just wondering what real soccer fans think about our chances in the next game.

How does the U.S. stack up to Ghana? Do we have a chance?

Yeah that game could go either way, USA are quite enterprising going forward and create chances and Ghana are not the best defensively. It's a pick-em game. After that the winner of that will probably get Uruguay which will be much more difficult, not impossible but the south Americans would be favourite against Ghana or USA.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 08:49 AM)
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I have a serious question. What kind of a sport has referees who can blow a whistle disallowing a goal and not have to explain why they blew the whistle? That's messed up.

Its obvious the powers that be will do everything in there power to make sure the United States does not win this thing.

some ref decisions against America have been questionable, but you don't really think they can win the world cup do you Ticky? They might get through the next round and they're now in an easy section with the best team they'll come up against before the semi-finals being Uruguay, who are pretty good but not good enough to win it either.

If they play better than ever before, and things go their way in that easy section of the draw, they might make the semi-finals but that's stretching things...

Here's my prediction:

USA/Brazil final, with USA winning 6-nil.

Okay so I don't really follow futbol.

How did Aston Villa do this year?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 24 2010, 04:39 PM)
Here's my prediction:

Not even sure that they're not in the same bracket.

I don't know how they pair them up from the quarterfinals on..... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 24 2010, 03:42 PM)
Here's my prediction:

I don't know how they pair them up from the quarterfinals on..... confused13.gif

USA can't meet Brazil in the final, if they both keep winning they'll meet in the semi finals...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2010, 04:47 PM)
Here's my prediction:

USA can't meet Brazil in the final, if they both keep winning they'll meet in the semi finals...

Thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 24 2010, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2010, 04:47 PM)
Here's my prediction:

Thanks. smile.gif

No probs...

trink38.gif

Not much action goal-wise in the Portugal-Brazil game. 0-0 at half-time.

But man...this ref should just carry the yellow card in his hand. 7 yellow cards handed out in the first half!

I see that the Ivory Coast already has a 2-0 lead against N. Korea. I'm hoping that is all they will get. I really hope that Portugal can at least contain a tie.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 25 2010, 08:45 PM)
Uruguay-South Korea, Mexico-Argentina, USA-Ghana, England-Germany, Holland-Slovakia, Paraguay-Japan, Spain-Portugal, Brazil-Chile. popcorn.gif trink39.gif

I'm picking Uruguay over S.Korea, Argentina over Mexico, USA and Ghana is a pick-em, I think it might end in a penalty shoot-out though, England over Germany, Holland over Slovakia, Paraguay over Japan, Spain over Portugal and Brazil over Chile.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 05:42 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 25 2010, 08:45 PM)
Uruguay-South Korea, Mexico-Argentina, USA-Ghana, England-Germany, Holland-Slovakia, Paraguay-Japan, Spain-Portugal, Brazil-Chile.  popcorn.gif  trink39.gif

I'm picking Uruguay over S.Korea, Argentina over Mexico, USA and Ghana is a pick-em, I think it might end in a penalty shoot-out though, England over Germany, Holland over Slovakia, Paraguay over Japan, Spain over Portugal and Brazil over Chile.

Think you're pretty close there Duckster. I reckon the US will take Ghana and the old Ingerland/Germany will be too close to call, hopefully, dear God if you're listening, PENALTIES!!! Oh, the drama.