DALLAS COWBOYS

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Garrett sandbagged. He was putting his own career in jeopardy by doing that. He lost a lot of cred the way the offence was going. He is also too much of a pro. I agree with going heavy on the Cowboys this weekend. There is talk of a let down after getting them up for the last game, but first game back at Cowboys Stadium, Garrett will have them prepared. Watching him in the press conferences etc, he is a real smart guy, and I am starting to believe in him.

and...

Detroit Lions Set Road-Losing Streak Record in Buffalo

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - It took getting mocked by a Bills fan in Buffalo, of all places, for Nate Burleson to realize how low the Lions have sunk in setting yet another NFL road futility record.

"At the end of the game, I saw a fan pull up a sign that said something about `The streak continues,"' the Detroit receiver said. "It's definitely frustrating."

The Bills got to celebrate their first victory of the season following a 14-12 win on Sunday. And it came at the expense of the only team that just might be worse than them -- particularly away from home. The Lions (2-7) dropped their 25th straight road game to break the record they set themselves from 2001-03.

"This is definitely one I want to check off as soon as possible, just so we can forget about it," Burleson said. "I know it's in the books, and it's going to be a record for however long, but I want to do my part to help end this road-game losing streak."

In a game billed as the Futility Bowl between two of the league's most inept franchises since 2000, something had to give.

It turned out to be Buffalo's losing streak, as the Bills (1-8) became the last NFL team to win this season and put to rest any talk of them joining the Lions -- who else? -- in going 0-16.

"Nobody wants to talk about the 800-pound monkey in the room, but it was obvious," coach Chan Gailey said after earning his first win since taking over the Bills in January. "It's a special time any time you can have a big win. And that was a big win."

Fred Jackson shook off a sore knee to score twice -- on a 1-yard plunge and 16-yard reception -- and finish with a season-best 133 yards rushing. Buffalo did lose rookie running back C.J. Spiller to a hamstring injury that's expected to sideline him for at least a week.

On the bright side, their once-porous defense proved stout when necessary. Despite allowing 390 yards, Buffalo forced a season-best eight punts and came up with its biggest stop when it was needed most.

The game wasn't decided until the end, after Shaun Hill hit Calvin Johnson for a 20-yard touchdown to cut the lead to 14-12 with 14 seconds remaining. Hill, however, failed on the 2-point attempt when he couldn't find an open receiver and wound up overthrowing Brandon Pettigrew in the back of the end zone.

The Bills began celebrating, as defensive end Marcus Stroud sat on the field and cheered, and safety Jairus Byrd sprinted out of the end zone and to the team's bench with his arms raised. In the stands, fans started several chants, the most over-the-top being: "Super Bowl, here we come!"

"Our fans deserve it," defensive tackle Kyle Williams said. "The guys in the locker room deserve it. To go out there and win a football game, it means a lot."

The mood was all too familiar for the Lions, who gathered in yet another visitors' locker room to lament how they haven't won outside of Detroit since a 16-7 victory at Chicago on Oct. 28, 2007.

"It was really frustrating, especially coming here and feeling we were the better team," Johnson said. "We weren't thinking about the streak. That should have ended it. But it didn't."

Johnson finished with 128 yards receiving and a career-best 10 catches.

Hill was 29 of 50 for 323 yards with a TD and an interception in making his first start in three games since breaking his left arm. Hill was forced into action in place of Matthew Stafford, who hurt his right shoulder in a loss to the New York Jets last week.

Hill shrugged off questions about the Lions' road woes by saying it doesn't concern him because he only joined the team last offseason.

"That's something I feel like people want to write about. That's not part of the game to us," Hill said.

What should concern him is how the Lions continue to commit costly mistakes on the road, including his interception that led to Jackson's first score. He was nearly intercepted twice more, Detroit was flagged 11 times for 60 yards and kicker Dave Rayner missed a 49-yard field goal attempt wide right.

"All this killing ourselves and making mistakes, it's almost juvenile," Burleson said. "The mistakes are killing us, and today I really noticed it."

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 21 2010, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Nov 17 2010, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Nov 9 2010, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 9 2010, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Nov 8 2010, 11:12 PM)
so long.  Two division titles,  one 13-3 season,  first playoff win in 13 years,  yup its Wades fault and had nothing to do with the players  sarcasm.gif

What can a head coach do when players like DB Jenkins won't even finish a play? Jenkins didn't even try to stop James Jones from scoring, and he was right next to him. I haven't seen a player quit like that in a long time..... ohmy.gif

It seemed to me that the players had no fear of their meek, mild-mannered coach. That just won't cut it in the NFL.....

Exactly, Jenkin was great last season, not sure what happened to him....

Im surprised Ware and Brooking have not stood up to the defense about there play

I can tell you what happened:

Both the players and the OC wanted WP gone. Garret was sandbagging all year, the play-calling against the G'aints made that perfectly clear. Dallas will play like they should from now on and might well go 9-7 and make the playoffs. Garrett is s shrewd SOB. Let's see what he can do.

C'mon dude! The play calling was different because we've played from behind most of the year. It's hard to mount a ground attack when you are constantly behind in double digits. To say that Garrett sandbagged is totally ridiculous. Garrett's own reputation was on the line by the poor play from the offense. There are many reasons for the difference in play calling.

First off, Garrett knew that he was next in line no matter what. Too big a contract. (the contract actually stipulated that he would be the next HC, which brought up a little Rooney rule debate). He also knew that he would have plenty of time to correct any damage to his rep, which he's doing now.

The D is weaker than when the season started player-wise (McCann excepted), why are they playing better now? Suddenly Ware can pressure a QB again? Now the D can create turnovers?

As to the O, Garrett was running Jones up the gut to no effect even when behind. Now suddenly there are holes for him, despite a depleted O line. He's mixing it up much more effectively and that has everything to do with the player's execution. (insert John McKay quip here)

What would you do to get rid of coach marshmallow man? I think the two of us might have come up with a little conspiracy of our own, no?

Thank God somebody can save JJ from himself.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 21 2010, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 19 2010, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Nov 19 2010, 05:16 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 17 2010, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Nov 17 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Nov 9 2010, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 9 2010, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Nov 8 2010, 11:12 PM)
so long.  Two division titles,  one 13-3 season,  first playoff win in 13 years,  yup its Wades fault and had nothing to do with the players  sarcasm.gif

What can a head coach do when players like DB Jenkins won't even finish a play? Jenkins didn't even try to stop James Jones from scoring, and he was right next to him. I haven't seen a player quit like that in a long time..... ohmy.gif

It seemed to me that the players had no fear of their meek, mild-mannered coach. That just won't cut it in the NFL.....

Exactly, Jenkin was great last season, not sure what happened to him....

Im surprised Ware and Brooking have not stood up to the defense about there play

I can tell you what happened:

Both the players and the OC wanted WP gone. Garret was sandbagging all year, the play-calling against the G'aints made that perfectly clear. Dallas will play like they should from now on and might well go 9-7 and make the playoffs. Garrett is s shrewd SOB. Let's see what he can do.

Your conspiracy theories even extend to football, nice.

Since human nature extends to football, then yes. wink.gif

If the winning continues we'll have something to talk about.

I'm all over Dallas -6.5 BTW.

they are favored by less than a TD against the lions? smart bet. way smart.

why oh why did i not bet HEAVY on this f***ing game. ugh.

Did you really want a bunch of money riding on Kitna tieing Staubauch's record for longest QB TD run in Cowboys history?

You'd never get the pucker marks off your couch.

angel.gif

Dallas Cowboys fans...listen to what I have to say...listen to me NOW, and listen very, very well. Open your hearts, lift up your minds, take off your stetsons and pray to the football gods and their emissaries on this earth: THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!! 1287.gif

Relinquish your false prophet obsession, renounce your faith in the feet of clay Cowboys and the pain will be that much easier to bear...

It pains me too, it pains me, it really does, to tell you and with much regret, that we must break you. We must destroy your very lives physically and mentally. You personally. We must take apart for all time your "team" of decadent fools! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME YET??? BY GOD i'LL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! 1287.gif

The SAINTS 1287.gif must dismantle your team of lowlifes for the good of the little children of the world! 1287.gif For the good of the world's economy you must fall! The evil of Jerry Jones must be annihilated for all time!

Hear me Cowboys fans, hear me now, and if you do nothing else with what's left of your lives, heed me, heed like never before. Listen! We, we're actually doing this for you, we want to see you happy and ironically by destroying your Cowboys, you will be...maybe not today, but one day you'll see the light, the wisdom in my logic! Then you'll come to know and taste of a true religion, at the holy football altar of the SAINTS!!

I don't like to see carnage but it has to happen for the good of the Cowboys too, you must lose and carry on losing for many, many seasons. This way your souls will grow ever stronger! You'll thank me later, you'll beg for forgiveness too and I'll take that thanks and I will forgive you my Cowboy faithful! I will save you!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SAINTS will save you!!

Yes the SAINTS must crush the Cowboys, oh yes of course we must, all know this, but what you don't know is, it's not for any more important reason than to save your very immortal souls!!!

Believe me if there was any other way...but your Cowboys fail AND for many many decades...and remember the SAINTS are only here to help you! Know that The SAINTS care about you and love you!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 23 2010, 03:36 PM)
angel.gif

Dallas Cowboys fans...listen to what I have to say...listen to me NOW, and listen very, very well. Open your hearts, lift up your minds, take off your stetsons and pray to the football gods and their emissaries on this earth: THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!! 1287.gif

Relinquish your false prophet obsession, renounce your faith in the feet of clay Cowboys and the pain will be that much easier to bear...

It pains me too, it pains me, it really does, to tell you and with much regret, that we must break you. We must destroy your very lives physically and mentally. You personally. We must take apart for all time your "team" of decadent fools! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME YET??? BY GOD i'LL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! 1287.gif

The SAINTS 1287.gif must dismantle your team of lowlifes for the good of the little children of the world! 1287.gif For the good of the world's economy you must fall! The evil of Jerry Jones must be annihilated for all time!

Hear me Cowboys fans, hear me now, and if you do nothing else with what's left of your lives, heed me, heed like never before. Listen! We, we're actually doing this for you, we want to see you happy and ironically by destroying your Cowboys, you will be...maybe not today, but one day you'll see the light, the wisdom in my logic! Then you'll come to know and taste of a true religion, at the holy football altar of the SAINTS!!

I don't like to see carnage but it has to happen for the good of the Cowboys too, you must lose and carry on losing for many, many seasons. This way your souls will grow ever stronger! You'll thank me later, you'll beg for forgiveness too and I'll take that thanks and I will forgive you my Cowboy faithful! I will save you!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SAINTS will save you!!

Yes the SAINTS must crush the Cowboys, oh yes of course we must, all know this, but what you don't know is, it's not for any more important reason than to save your very immortal souls!!!

Believe me if there was any other way...but your Cowboys fail AND for many many decades...and remember the SAINTS are only here to help you! Know that The SAINTS care about you and love you!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

...for the good of the little children of the world! rofl3.gif

Oh, and don't worry about the Cowboys fans' souls. We sold those for a Super Bowl win in '95.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 23 2010, 06:55 PM)
angel.gif

The SAINTS  1287.gif  must dismantle your team of lowlifes for the good of the little children of the world!  1287.gif For the good of the world's economy you must fall! The evil of Jerry Jones must be annihilated for all time!

1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif

Oh, and don't worry about the Cowboys fans' souls. We sold those for a Super Bowl win in '95.

laugh.gif

Aye...

wink.gif

angel.gif

The SAINTS  1287.gif  must dismantle your team of lowlifes for the good of the little children of the world!  1287.gif For the good of the world's economy you must fall! The evil of Jerry Jones must be annihilated for all time!

my fav. part.. "heed, heed like never before"

that's alot of heeding.

angel.gif

that wasnt your soul, that was herschel walker smile.gif