DALLAS COWBOYS

I just listened to an interview with Stephen Jones and he mentioned that there are only 23 players in the draft that the Cowboys considered first round talent. One of two things will happen imo. We'll trade up from 27 to the lower 20s to acquire a player or we will trade down. I would be very surprised if we stood pat at 27.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new thread! Nice!! I have read all the analysis and I have no idea. It seems that if Dez Bryant falls, Jerry may trade up so as to avoid another Randy Moss. Their big needs - O line and Safety - have lots of talent this year, so it is very likely (also based on past drafts) that Jerry will trade down. My thinking is that we have a bunch of guys from last year's draft who never got on the field for various reasons. And there are no glaring needs. I would love to see them package a few picks and / or players and make a bold trade up for a STAR!!

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 21 2010, 11:49 AM)
The new thread! Nice!! I have read all the analysis and I have no idea. It seems that if Dez Bryant falls, Jerry may trade up so as to avoid another Randy Moss. Their big needs - O line and Safety - have lots of talent this year, so it is very likely (also based on past drafts) that Jerry will trade down. My thinking is that we have a bunch of guys from last year's draft who never got on the field for various reasons. And there are no glaring needs. I would love to see them package a few picks and / or players and make a bold trade up for a STAR!!

I pretty much agree with you. Dez Bryant has character issues and that's why he's sliding. I'm sure you knew that. Anyway, if he slides to the low 20s, I would be tempted to take him. Everyone is screaming that we desperately need a WR. I don't know, didn't Romo throw for like 4,400 yards last season?

The only way they take a receiver early is if Bryant falls. I have read that the character thng has been blown out of proportion. He is actually a pretty good kid but apparently not too smart - and it is a big playbook. But they say his talent is huge. I really want the Cowboys to shore up the O line. This makes for a better receiving and rushing game.

I think this is a great move. Dez and Miles ? Holy Crap

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 23 2010, 12:20 PM)
Is it true Donnovan and TO are going to reunite in DC?

I've heard that McNabb requested it! Strange huh? I don't think Shanahan is going to go for it though.

I'm digging the new trend in the NFL. If you're a knuckle-head, we don't want you. If you are a fantastically talented knuckle-head, we'll take you but don't expect too much money. Now shut your pie-hole and go play some ball!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 23 2010, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 23 2010, 12:20 PM)
Is it true Donnovan and TO are going to reunite in DC?

I've heard that McNabb requested it! Strange huh? I don't think Shanahan is going to go for it though.

I'm digging the new trend in the NFL. If you're a knuckle-head, we don't want you. If you are a fantastically talented knuckle-head, we'll take you but don't expect too much money. Now shut your pie-hole and go play some ball!

z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 24 2010, 01:05 PM)
I feel the need to mention THE SAINTS in this thread just to set the mood for the coming season...

biggrin.gif

We will kick your ass agian

tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 24 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 24 2010, 01:05 PM)
I feel the need to mention THE SAINTS in this thread just to set the mood for the coming season...

biggrin.gif

We will kick your ass agian

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 26 2010, 12:31 PM)
We get the Saints for a Thanksgiving Day feast!!! I am really excited about Bryant and SMiles lining up together!

I think we're still going to roll with Williams as the number two and Bryant being a three or four. At the beginning at least. If Roy doesn't perform in the first four to five games, then we'll see a move on the depth chart.

We're shopping Crayton and Hurd for trades.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 26 2010, 12:36 PM)
We get the Saints for a Thanksgiving Day feast!!!  I am really excited about Bryant and SMiles lining up together!

I think we're still going to roll with Williams as the number two and Bryant being a three or four. At the beginning at least. If Roy doesn't perform in the first four to five games, then we'll see a move on the depth chart.

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 26 2010, 03:22 PM)
We get the Saints for a Thanksgiving Day feast!!!  I am really excited about Bryant and SMiles lining up together!

Oh don't start that shit again..........boy. tongue.gif

How did the crow taste the last time around? smile.gif Wait a minute crow and turkey. Hmmmmmmmm

See you on Thanksgiving son. waffen093.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 26 2010, 03:44 PM)

How did the crow taste the last time around? smile.gif Wait a minute crow and turkey. Hmmmmmmmm

The superbowl win more than made up for that aberration when we had injuries and loss of momentum after 13 straight wins...and...

...We'll get you next time!!

1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 26 2010, 04:53 PM)

The superbowl win more than made up for that aberration when we had injuries and loss of momentum after 13 straight wins...and...

1287.gif

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The Aint's won the Bowl. Why do you think I have so many posts in "The End is Near" thread? laugh.gif

As long as we have Aww Shucks, I don't know what to expect from our team. We have a HUGE question mark at right tackle.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 26 2010, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 26 2010, 04:53 PM)

1287.gif

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The Aint's won the Bowl. Why do you think I have so many posts in "The End is Near" thread? laugh.gif

As long as we have Aww Shucks, I don't know what to expect from our team. We have a HUGE question mark at right tackle.

Even in that losing game we put a scare in you in the final quarter and had a chance to win it, after doing nothing right for the previous three quarters...

1287.gif

I do expect the Cowboys to be a contender this year and it'll be a better game if they are!

I think Reggie might play better for us this season after getting rid of Kim (bad) kharma Can

ph34r.gif

The second pick Sean Lee had me wondering, but the more I read, he could be another steal. He was very highly rated on their board, to the point that they couldn't pass up on him. And Akwasi Owusu-Ansah was Sports Illustrated's sleeper pick for DB. A nice article on him in the pre-draft issue. He and Bryant are going to add another dimension to the return game this year. And yes Williams will start. I was just dreaming down the road a bit.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 27 2010, 09:02 AM)
The second pick Sean Lee had me wondering, but the more I read, he could be another steal. He was very highly rated on their board, to the point that they couldn't pass up on him. And Akwasi Owusu-Ansah was Sports Illustrated's sleeper pick for DB. A nice article on him in the pre-draft issue. He and Bryant are going to add another dimension to the return game this year. And yes Williams will start. I was just dreaming down the road a bit.

I think Jerry has finally learned that you don't draft for need. You draft the best available player.

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Apr 27 2010, 09:31 PM)
Though I'm a Giant fan, the Cowboys are clearly the class of the division this year..

Who in the hell really knows anymore. laugh.gif The NFL is getting more and more unpredictable with each passing year.

Our schedule is brutal. Well, at least it looks brutal in April. wink.gif