do u need a parent to attend a concert?

The Rush Kid

QUOTE (The Rush Kid @ Apr 20 2010, 09:52 PM)
do u need a parent to attend a concert? cuz i'm thinking that you need a guardian or parent just to get in the venue? anyone? tongue.gif

my mom pulled our station wagon up to the L.A. Forum and dropped me and my buddy off on the curb and said: "Be right here at 11." It was the Signals tour and I was 14.

Looking back, that seems crazy... maybe 16-year-olds.

Anyway.

Check curfew laws around the venue. Some cities can be strict. But if you're over 12, you shouldn't need a parent to go a show. Should a parent send a 13-14 year-old to a show alone?

I was 19 and I got paid (a free ticket) to take a bunch of 13 year olds to Def Leppard.

I've been to a good number of all hardcore ages metal shows at nightclubs and always see teenagers without their parents and those shows have insane most pits so I don't think it would be a problem at a Rush show. Edited by fonzbear2000

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:54 PM)
Thats actually a great question. I saw kids (like young kids, like 8 yo) at the last show. But for teens.. not sure what the age limit is...

True, but kids that young are always with their parents.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 20 2010, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:54 PM)
Thats actually a great question.  I saw kids (like young kids, like 8 yo) at the last show.  But for teens.. not sure what the age limit is...

True, but kids that young are always with their parents.

Correct. These kids were actually on their dads shoulders, clapping to the music, and Alex kept waving to them and smiling. It was awesome.

Check the local curfew, if there is one. Most everywhere has some kind of curfew in place, and you don't wanna catch any trouble for "underage fun" or whatever. wink.gif

Also check the rules for the venue itself. If they have specific rules regarding age, it should be easy to find when you go to the venue's home page or info page or something like that.

Other than that, I don't think anyone's gonna give you any trouble 'cause of a Rush show wink.gif

I think the only thing you have to worry about is curfew. I have only seen a few venues with age limits.

My first show was Signals, and I was 14 or 15 (can't really remember and I don't feel like looking it up). I went with a bunch of other kids my age, no parents.

Not a Rush concert, but one of the funniest concert stories I have ever heard was from my ex-fiance. The first concert he ever attended was KISS when he was 9 years old.

His mom took him, and she made him wear a suit and tie. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Apr 20 2010, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (The Rush Kid @ Apr 20 2010, 09:52 PM)
do u need a parent to attend a concert? cuz i'm thinking that you need a guardian or parent just to get in the venue? anyone? tongue.gif

my mom pulled our station wagon up to the L.A. Forum and dropped me and my buddy off on the curb and said: "Be right here at 11." It was the Signals tour and I was 14.

Looking back, that seems crazy... maybe 16-year-olds.

Anyway.

Check curfew laws around the venue. Some cities can be strict. But if you're over 12, you shouldn't need a parent to go a show. Should a parent send a 13-14 year-old to a show alone?

I was 19 and I got paid (a free ticket) to take a bunch of 13 year olds to Def Leppard.

Yep...Dad pulled the Suburban up to drop us off to see RUSH at Radio City Music Hall with me and a bunch of my friends...we were 14. See ya after the show!

My son is 14...NOT IN A MILLION YEARS! LOL

My Dad took me to see

Alice Cooper

Yes

Kansas

Jethro Tull

When i was 14 . Nobody else was allowed to go laugh.gif He had a great time. When i was 15 i went without him, until i took him to Eric Clapton/Jeff Beck in feb

I've never seen an age limit for a Rush show, I was only in 6th grade when I saw my first show.

I do know that some venues require a certain age, I've seen this with some bands my daughter likes (alternative rock).

I was 15 for my first Rush show (Hold Your Fire). My parents dropped off/picked me and my cousin up.

As other have stated, I don't think there is a requirement for a parent to attend. Certainly there should be some common sense for safety depending upon the location of the show and the maturity of the kid(s).

My parents used to take me to concerts. Then I saw my first Rush concert at age 14 with my brother's friends, they were 21. Blew me away and turned me into an instant musician. There should be no age limit on their positive energy. I don't foresee any problem with age restrictions.

I have been going to concerts on my own since I was 13. I used to take the train to and from shows. (about a 20 minute ride)

Hail the New Haven Coliseum!!! 1022.gif

Spent many a pot smoke filled night in that place.

Not that I was smoking any. unsure.gif

Edited by tick