I think the ticket prices are a f***ing disgrace

exiled yorkie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either you can pay or you can't. The prices won't change with whining. We already have enough damn threads about this.

P.S. Maiden plays a shorter set and isn't worth as much as Rush. And yes I've seen Maiden before.

I think the price on a Jaguar XKS is a disgrace as well. After all, it's just a car, really. I can't afford it. But I still want one.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 09:01 PM)
Oh im not poor, I just think it's disgusting that Rush have gone down the Eagles/Police route. One last gravy train I reckon

For the 2107423184732189547230856134258974235t043th time someone needs to mention it. The band does not dictate the price. Its all based upon how they can actually be SOLVENT after the tour, then they add on, say 40 dollars of profit to each ticket for the actual entertainment value of the show. The rest is, production, touring, light show, video effects etc. costs.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 09:06 PM)
Bullshit, dont give me this crap about Rush doesnt have an input into the ticket price, of course they do

Well of course they have an INPUT but they obviously don't dicate of make the final decisions. Thats all for the accountants, management and producers to figure out WITH the band. Its not like Geddy is like: "How can I steal from the fans today?" Thats what Mick Jagger does.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 10:06 PM)
Bullshit, dont give me this crap about Rush doesnt have an input into the ticket price, of course they do

Do you have any idea how many people they have to pay to set up/pull down each concert? The amount of work it takes just to put Neil's drum set together is like WTF....

After paying for equipment and the crew, they still want a little something for THEMSELVES. They do have to feed their families, ya know...quit whining.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 13 2010, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 10:06 PM)

Do you have any idea how many people they have to pay to set up/pull down each concert? The amount of work it takes just to put Neil's drum set together is like WTF....

After paying for equipment and the crew, they still want a little something for THEMSELVES. They do have to feed their families, ya know...quit whining.

With Rush, what you pay for you get yes.gif

Really, can this thread be merged with the other one? The one with over 200 posts?

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 09:16 PM)
You can shove it in that nice x-ray picture as far as Im concerned.

Excuse me dude? Argue the issue, don't be insulting or purposely be offensive.

*Quote deleted - OP removed original text, therefore I've edited post.

Edited by Mara

Well, I don't really have an issue with complaining over ticket prices. God knows I've done my share. But my point was that we really don't need 2 threads, not to insinuate that you need to shut up about it. Nothing personal at all.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 13 2010, 09:58 PM)
Either you can pay or you can't. The prices won't change with whining. We already have enough damn threads about this.

P.S. Maiden plays a shorter set and isn't worth as much as Rush. And yes I've seen Maiden before.

In all due respect, people have the right to voice there displeasure at the extreme prices this tour.

Saying that Maiden isn't worth as much as Rush is certainly just your own bias opinion, and not a fact. Also, you have Dream Theater opening for them which brings extra value to the ticket.

The bottom line is, PNC is 155 bucks a ticket plus fees and that equates to nearly 200 bucks a ticket. I love the way people will spin it to justify Rush charging this price because they need to or they will starve. That's a load of crap. Its a choice made between them and there management and we will see if it backfires as they try to do back to back tours.

The disillusioned diehard fan thinks because he loves Rush and will pay anything to see them that the average fan will as well. That is not the case and Rush rely's are a core fan base that see's multiple shows in multiple cities every tour. That is just a fact. If you think high prices will not effect the fans that usually go to 3 or 4 shows, think again.

Dream Theater made the mistake of underestimating the economy by doing a full fledged Progressive Nation tour first instead of the tour for there new album. The result was not being able to do the 2010 album tour due to the economy. The hater will say its because Dream Theater sucks but the fact is, this economy is in deep shit and thinking your bullet proof to that because your Rush is silly. They are not as big as you think they are, and high prices will mean smaller box office numbers. The guy that wants to take his girl or kid to a show at 75 dollars a ticket is going to think a little harder on if its worth it if the ticket is double that price. Think I'm wrong? You should think again.

I would say that it's not the "regular" price of the best seats that is offensive (as I paid $130 for Seattle, which is about 30% higher than the last S & A Tour) but the fact that they got the greedy corporate bast$%ds Citi doing a presale at the same time as the Rush Fan club presale, and they are asking $300 for the same seating areas (except they seem to have better seats, more seats and faster ticket processing). I've never seen Rush do this in close to 30 years and this is where I see the problem. I can tell you that if the are pissing off a fan who has seen them 20 times from coast to coast over 28 years and loves everything they do and have done, then they are really starting to make some big mistakes that just may lead to a decline in interest for any future tours or shows. After all, the Blu Ray versions rock so much it is like being there without any of the hassle.

P.S.

I did get 3 tickets this time but like an officer who has pulled someone over for reckless driving and decided against ticketing them, they have been warned about any future offenses. smile.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2010, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 13 2010, 09:58 PM)

In all due respect, people have the right to voice there displeasure at the extreme prices this tour.

Saying that Maiden isn't worth as much as Rush is certainly just your own bias opinion, and not a fact. Also, you have Dream Theater opening for them which brings extra value to the ticket.

The bottom line is, PNC is 155 bucks a ticket plus fees and that equates to nearly 200 bucks a ticket. I love the way people will spin it to justify Rush charging this price because they need to or they will starve. That's a load of crap. Its a choice made between them and there management and we will see if it backfires as they try to do back to back tours.

The disillusioned diehard fan thinks because he loves Rush and will pay anything to see them that the average fan will as well. That is not the case and Rush rely's are a core fan base that see's multiple shows in multiple cities every tour. That is just a fact. If you think high prices will not effect the fans that usually go to 3 or 4 shows, think again.

Dream Theater made the mistake of underestimating the economy by doing a full fledged Progressive Nation tour first instead of the tour for there new album. The result was not being able to do the 2010 album tour due to the economy. The hater will say its because Dream Theater sucks but the fact is, this economy is in deep shit and thinking your bullet proof to that because your Rush is silly. They are not as big as you think they are, and high prices will mean smaller box office numbers. The guy that wants to take his girl or kid to a show at 75 dollars a ticket is going to think a little harder on if its worth it if the ticket is double that price. Think I'm wrong? You should think again.

goodpost.gif

They run a business, and they're trying to make as much money out of it as they can, like most businesses. That's the whole point of business. If you can't pay for the tickets, someone else can - or else they wouldn't be charging this much. These are the harsh realities of life, but it's pretty much what capitalism is based on.

I mean I'd love to get front row seats at Jones Beach, but I don't happen to have $350 bucks lying around. Sucks for me, but if I was touring and I could rake in the cash, I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Also, as has been said, tours are VERY expensive to run, and are the main source of income for bands now that recordings don't sell like they used to.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 13 2010, 09:09 PM)
they still want a little something for THEMSELVES. They do have to feed their families, ya know...quit whining.

lmfao. the guy probably gets paid ten thousand an hour to play the drums.