Counterparts

SpagettiLee

Not only is Counterparts my favorite Rush album since
Moving Pictures, it also was one of my all time favorite
tours. Rush with Primus opening.......now that's a great
show!

Did Primus open for them on the Counterparts tour, too? I know they did on at least part of the RTB tour, in fact I sat in the front row right in front of Les Claypool in Austin on the RTB tour (well, I didn't really sit much). He played a bit of Kashmir on a stand up electric bass. All the shows I saw on the Counterparts tour were very early on (I know Austin was the third show of that tour) but I thought Candlebox opened for them throughout. Oh well, the powerwindows site is great for looking these kinds of things up.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 10 2010, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 10 2010, 06:35 AM)

Counterparts is THE defining album of a return to their roots, IMO.  Keyboards were for the most part gone

As was the brilliant songwriting wink.gif

pretty much..... laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 11 2010, 05:35 AM)
Not only is Counterparts my favorite Rush album since
Moving Pictures, it also was one of my all time favorite
tours. Rush with Primus opening.......now that's a great
show!

Did Primus open for them on the Counterparts tour, too? I know they did on at least part of the RTB tour, in fact I sat in the front row right in front of Les Claypool in Austin on the RTB tour (well, I didn't really sit much). He played a bit of Kashmir on a stand up electric bass. All the shows I saw on the Counterparts tour were very early on (I know Austin was the third show of that tour) but I thought Candlebox opened for them throughout. Oh well, the powerwindows site is great for looking these kinds of things up.

I got Candlebox but Primus did do a few gigs during the Counterparts tour

Counterparts is an absolute heavy album, on my first listen of animate, it just rocked my jaw off!! couldn't believe that heavy bass! man...

my fav from cp would have to be cold fire luv it. 1022.gif

Archived