Arrested

PumpkinHead

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 21 2010, 01:53 AM)

I really don't plan on ever giving the police a reason to pull me over.

I never planned on it either. But apparently they pulled us over for what they thought was a reason. I think it pissed them off a little to find out that my friend & I were 110% clean. It's still a tense situation though when 3 patrol cars are around you and 1 of the officers is calling you a liar despite you knowing there's nothing even remotely illegal about you or the car. eh.gif

But no, never actually been arrested.

Nope. Never . Times i should have been, but very lucky.

No, not really. Usually I follow the Judeo-Christian ethic of "Thou shalt not kill." But, that's just me.

- So I Married an Axe Murderer

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

1978 - - - - - > 1990

Over 15 times ( see my other post for all details )

1st ones were - Curfue & Vandalizum crap

most were FTA's ( failure to appear - for traffic tickets )

Last one was

Disorderly conduct - ( convicted ) - Basically started over my right to play rock music LOUD.

Inciting a Riot - ( appealed & dismissed )

Resisting Arrest - ( Appealed & dismised )

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 21 2010, 04:06 PM)
No, not really. Usually I follow the Judeo-Christian ethic of "Thou shalt not kill." But, that's just me.

Awesome movie! laugh.gif

HEEED...PANTS...NOW! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 21 2010, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 21 2010, 04:06 PM)
No, not really.  Usually I follow the Judeo-Christian ethic of "Thou shalt not kill."  But, that's just me. 

Awesome movie! laugh.gif

HEEED...PANTS...NOW! laugh.gif

Under-rated, isn't it? I'll take it over all the Austin Powers movies combined!

I also love all the dialogue between Alan Arkin (as the police captain who's "too nice") and Anthony LaPaglia (Tony the detective).

Police Chief: [noticing Tony is depressed] Tony? I don't want to intrude, but you seem a little down.

Tony: Well, Captain, it's about my job.

Police Chief: Ah.

[sits down with Tony]

Tony: I'm having doubts about being a cop. You know, it's not like how it is on TV. All I do all day is fill out forms and paperwork. I mean, this is what I do.

Police Chief: [contemplates] It's a point well taken, Tony. But you must understand, although it's not exciting, it's a very important part of our work.

Tony: Yeah, but in all my times as a cop, I've never gotten to, like, chase a guy across a crowded city square. I've never... I've never hung on to that part of a helicopter. You know that part? Underneath the thing that it lands? Do you, do you know that part?

Police Chief: Yes, I know that part.

Tony: I've never hung onto that. I've never even commandeered a vehicle.

Police Chief: Now that sounds like a lot of fun.

Tony: And that's the other thing. You're too nice.

Police Chief: I'm too nice?

Tony: Yeah, you're too nice. Why can't you be like the Captain on "Starsky and Hutch"? You know, when you come in, and you haul me into your office, and you bawl me out because you're sick and tired of defending my screwball antics to the Commissioner? Why cant you do that?

Police Chief: Well, the truth of the matter is, I don't report to a Commissioner. I report to a committee. Some of whom are appointed, some elected, and the rest co-opted on a bi-annual basis. It's a quorum, so to speak.

Tony: A quorum???

Police Chief: Yeah.

Tony: Captain, when I joined the police force, I thought it was going to be Serpico. But instead, I'm like... Fish from Barney Miller.

Police Chief: Hey. Somebody needs a hug...!

------------

[The "too nice" Captain later tries to act meaner, to please Tony]

Police Chief: Hey, paisan! You screw up one more time, I'm going to kick your spaghetti-bending butt back to Milan! You think that was too much, with the ethnic slurs?

------------

Sorry with the hijack! Continue!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 21 2010, 12:06 PM)
No, not really.  Usually I follow the Judeo-Christian ethic of "Thou shalt not kill."  But, that's just me. 

And " Thou shalt" follow the rules of TRF and keep religion in SOCN! laugh.gif wink.gif

Archived