Why the Phantom Menace Sucked

Disco

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 16 2010, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Slime @ Jan 16 2010, 04:26 AM)
70 minute review? 

I'd say that's about 69 minutes 30 seconds more thought than Lucas gave to the actual movie!

smile.gif Its 7 ten minute segments. Only watched first two, they were hilarious.

I urge you to carry on to the other parts when you have the time.

The comparision of the light sabre duels in the early films to the later ones is spot on.

The whole thing is great and very funny.

Very sad too though, being reminded of how badly they butchered one of the most creative and captivating franchises on Earth.

My least favorite thing about the new trilogy, and IMO one of the stupidest inexcusable pointless mistakes in film history was the utterly inane bullshit about the FORCE being like bacteria levels in the body. Someone should have a cheese grater taken to their eyes for that one.

sad.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 16 2010, 12:18 PM)

Very sad too though, being reminded of how badly they butchered one of the most creative and captivating franchises on Earth.

My least favorite thing about the new trilogy, and IMO one of the stupidest inexcusable pointless mistakes in film history was the utterly inane bullshit about the FORCE being like bacteria levels in the body.  Someone should have a cheese grater taken to their eyes for that one.

sad.gif

My least favorite thing about the new trilogy, and IMO one of the stupidest inexcusable pointless mistakes in film history was the utterly inane bullshit about the FORCE being like bacteria levels in the body.

Yes indeedy sir, one hundred and ten precent agreed!

What's to stop the average non-force sensitive Joe from just injecting himself with a ton of midi chlorians and becoming an ultimate uber Jedi? And don't tell me they'd be impossible to get, all you'd need is a shed skin cell or hair from a Jedi and take it somewhere like the planet where they cloned Jango Fett umpteen thousand times and it'd be no problem to mass-produce! Within about five years pretty much everyone would be able to use the force.

Lucas just shot himself in the foot over and over and over in the prequels, the dumbass.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2010, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 16 2010, 12:18 PM)

My least favorite thing about the new trilogy, and IMO one of the stupidest inexcusable pointless mistakes in film history was the utterly inane bullshit about the FORCE being like bacteria levels in the body.  Someone should have a cheese grater taken to their eyes for that one.

sad.gif

My least favorite thing about the new trilogy, and IMO one of the stupidest inexcusable pointless mistakes in film history was the utterly inane bullshit about the FORCE being like bacteria levels in the body.

Yes indeedy sir, one hundred and ten precent agreed!

What's to stop the average non-force sensitive Joe from just injecting himself with a ton of midi chlorians and becoming an ultimate uber Jedi? And don't tell me they'd be impossible to get, all you'd need is a shed skin cell or hair from a Jedi and take it somewhere like the planet where they cloned Jango Fett umpteen thousand times and it'd be no problem to mass-produce! Within about five years pretty much everyone would be able to use the force.

Lucas just shot himself in the foot over and over and over in the prequels, the dumbass.

Uh huh!

JUST when the IOC (Intergalactic Olympic Committee) finally found a way to test for human growth hormone HGH, now they have this miniaccordion shit to deal with! Jeeeeeez!

Anyway anyone with a crass sense of humor and/or any interest at all in the Star Wars universe I highly suggest you watch these videos - what a great find!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2010, 11:55 AM)

Jack, you're a Star Wars geek! ohmy.gif

No one who's seen the movies one time could come up with that post! no.gif applaudit.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 17 2010, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2010, 11:55 AM)

Jack, you're a Star Wars geek! ohmy.gif

No one who's seen the movies one time could come up with that post! no.gif applaudit.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah, I love the original trilogy! I was 13 when Star Wars premiered and it had a big effect on me. It was the first sci-fi movie I'd ever seen that I could actually relate to. I liked Empire and Jedi as well. It's the prequel trilogy that makes me want to stab out my own eyes with a fork.