Rush Possible 2010 tour??

earthshine21122

There are hints from the band that theyre getting together to do something, and that theyd tour next summer but nothing confirmed.

The big debate now is what they will work on. Neil said in his latest "Neil-O-Gram" on neilpeart.net that the record companies arent fronting the money for record production anymore, and so to self-finance.. maybe the production would be more modest? (Thats a guess.. no one knows what it really means).

So, Id say its very likely they will get together after the holidays to do something, and then follow with a tour (its clear the toour is the only way to earn money)...

Its all guesses now....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 5 2009, 09:39 AM)
There are hints from the band that theyre getting together to do something, and that theyd tour next summer but nothing confirmed.

The big debate now is what they will work on. Neil said in his latest "Neil-O-Gram" on neilpeart.net that the record companies arent fronting the money for record production anymore, and so to self-finance.. maybe the production would be more modest? (Thats a guess.. no one knows what it really means).

So, Id say its very likely they will get together after the holidays to do something, and then follow with a tour (its clear the toour is the only way to earn money)...

Its all guesses now....s

Thanks Lerxt1990. I thought my non-Rush fan friend was busting my chops.

I personally don't believe they will tour until 2011. That's just my gut instinct. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 11:07 AM)
I personally don't believe they will tour until 2011. That's just my gut instinct. atickhum.gif

I'm thinking the same thing. Or very, very late in 2010.

Even if the new offering is just 5 or 6 songs, they're still perfectionists.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 10:07 AM)

Same here

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 10:07 AM)

I dont either considering they arent even going into the studio until sometime next year, and we all know how long it takes them to get an album made these days. I dont see there being any chance of it happening until 2011.

They originally talked about going into the studio this fall but then Neil had the baby so thats not happening now.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 08:07 AM)

I agree, the only thing that would change this would be if it were a final tour, playing their favs as well as fan favs, all before they get too old to tour.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 5 2009, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 08:07 AM)

I agree, the only thing that would change this would be if it were a final tour, playing their favs as well as fan favs, all before they get too old to tour.

Yeah, i cant see them touring without a full album, but maybe they are going to change up the routine. Would rock if they did though. 1022.gif 2.gif

They could still tour in 2010 with no problem but, what length of tour are we talking about? It certainly doesn't seem like it could be a long tour because getting started so late (if they started in June, July) would mean that they would only have what, 4 months or so to tour everywhere before colder weather?

Therefore the outdoor venues that they have been mainly playing at the last couple tours would be limited time wise because of the weather turning cooler, forcing them to go inside, and we all know that selling most of the seats out at big inside venues at this late stage of their careers is hit and miss, so that's probably out.

So, what would they do? unsure.gif Do a limited tour for 4 months and call it a wrap? Tour for 4 months and take the winter off and come back around again later to more places, sorta like they did last tour? Not enough info out there yet I guess. Getting me all discombobulated over here with speculation. wacko.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Dec 5 2009, 03:02 PM)
They could still tour in 2010 with no problem but, what length of tour are we talking about? It certainly doesn't seem like it could be a long tour because getting started so late (if they started in June, July) would mean that they would only have what, 4 months or so to tour everywhere before colder weather?

Therefore the outdoor venues that they have been mainly playing at the last couple tours would be limited time wise because of the weather turning cooler, forcing them to go inside, and we all know that selling most of the seats out at big inside venues at this late stage of their careers is hit and miss, so that's probably out.

So, what would they do? unsure.gif Do a limited tour for 4 months and call it a wrap? Tour for 4 months and take the winter off and come back around again later to more places, sorta like they did last tour? Not enough info out there yet I guess. Getting me all discombobulated over here with speculation. wacko.gif

between that and waiting until 2011 they wait until 2011. Id think theyd want to do summer shed tour, and financially, a longer tour makes sense for all involved...

I think what they should do is see what they can come up with, do a full tour, and then release a new album in 2011. Or work on the full new album, and tour in 2011. One or the other.

I'm afraid that, by giving themselves 6 months to come up with a new studio album before a tour, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot and write bad material. I don't think 6 months is enough time to write and record a brand new studio album, regardless of how talented the artist is.

I am glad to now read that people are starting to think that they will tour in 2011 more so than in 2010. I have been saying this all along but maybe this is because I can get to save more money by then laugh.gif. Seriously, I can see them touring in June 2010 if they are planning on doing an EP of maybe 4 or 5 songs but even then the roughs would have to have been already written and worked through. I see them doing whatever they are planning and finishing all in time for a tour in 2011 - I hope that I am right but whatever the outcome, we now have something to get excited about leading up to the Christmas break. smile.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

I think they may do a full world tour in 2012, possibly with linked reference to 2112. They even declare such a tour their last, at least on a global scale.

I also think they may do a short tour of the Americas for late 2010/early 2011.

I guess it all hinges on what kind of album they intend to produce - EP or LP?

QUOTE (templejanitor @ Dec 6 2009, 11:17 AM)
New music doesn't matter.

TOUR !!!

comp26.gif

I would say it matters (id love to hear some new tunes), but Id also accept a nice little 4-6 song collection of bombastic ditties, it doesnt have to be f-cking war and peace!

and then a tour. mmmmm yes, rush goodness!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 5 2009, 10:39 AM)
Neil said in his latest "Neil-O-Gram" on neilpeart.net that the record companies arent fronting the money for record production anymore, and so to self-finance.. maybe the production would be more modest? (Thats a guess.. no one knows what it really means).

So why even have record companies anymore? If they don't front the money, why have one? They'll take a cut, but or what? confused13.gif

Archived