The Blind Side

GhostGirl

We managed to get a sitter, and we took Kerry to see "The Blind Side." Yes, it's sappy and full of Southern cliches, but...

I loved it. yes.gif

I cried at the end, and even Kerry had a tear or too. It really struck him how much family means.

Anybody else see it?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 25 2009, 08:41 PM)
I just picked up the book the movie is based on today at library.....I plan on seeing it on Mon. or Tues.

Been told by a few it's a good flick.

Let me know what you think - I want to read the book too.

I have a new person I want to be when I grow up: Leigh Anne Tuohy. biggrin.gif You'll see why when you see the movie.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 25 2009, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 25 2009, 08:41 PM)
I just picked up the book the movie is based on today at library.....I plan on seeing it on Mon. or Tues.

Been told by a few it's a good flick.

Let me know what you think - I want to read the book too.

I have a new person I want to be when I grow up: Leigh Anne Tuohy. biggrin.gif You'll see why when you see the movie.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif ok I'll keep that in mind

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 25 2009, 10:25 PM)
We managed to get a sitter, and we took Kerry to see "The Blind Side." Yes, it's sappy and full of Southern cliches, but...

I loved it. yes.gif

I cried at the end, and even Kerry had a tear or too. It really struck him how much family means.

Anybody else see it?

My wife Laurette saw it Monday, and she absolutely loved it. She said it was the best movie she has seen in quite some time.

Took Mrs. Snow to see this Tuesday night and we both enjoyed it thoroughly.

I didn't read the book, so I'd be interested to know how much dramatic license was taken with the story, but either way it was a very enjoyable 2 hours that left you feeling good. And that doesn't happen very often anymore. trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 26 2009, 09:22 AM)
Cool - all I'd heard about it before was "sports movie" and "starring Sandra Bullock," neither of which was having me make a beeline to the multiplex, so I appreciate the opinions here - might have to check this puppy out...

See it! I just got back... Wow! It was definitely the best movie I've seen in a long time. As far as sports movies go, I'd put it right up there with Remember the Titans and Hoosiers. Apart from the movie being great in and of itself, it was a terrific reminder of how blessed I've been my entire life. Definitely worth the watch.

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Nov 26 2009, 11:57 AM)
Sandra Bullock movies are meant for watching on DVD. Will wait until it is available on Netflix.

Nah, a great movie is a great movie. If its worthy, see it at the movies. My wife said its great.

I'm worried that if I watch it, 6 months later I'll find out that the mother had some kind of thing with the kid or something. That always happens when I get interested in something.

I'll still see it. Been wanting to go see it anyway.

One of our friends' kids is in it! They filmed a lot of the football scenes at The Lovett School in Atlanta and used students as extras. I haven't seen it, but according to several people, you can actually tell it's Zack (friend's son).

And his report on the filming experience is that Sandra Bullock (he did get to meet her and watch her work) is "really nice and kind of a redneck!" laugh.gif

I saw this one with my family yesterday. Yes I know it was sappy and not really accurate to real life and all the other usual criticisms but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not normally a huge Sandra Bullock fan but she was terrific in this. Highly recommended, my whole family loved it.

QUOTE (Working Man @ Jan 1 2010, 03:16 AM)
As a big Ole Miss fan, I enjoyed the movie, of course. By the way, you guys do realized that this movie was based off of true events, right?

I met Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy when they were seniors and I was a freshman at Ole Miss back in late 1981-early 1982. They were already dating then. She was a smokin' hot cheerleader and sorority girl and he was the point guard on the basketball team. Most of the senior girls I knew at Ole Miss, especially those in a sorority, acted kinda "stuck up." But not Leigh Anne Roberts (her maiden name) .... She was sooooooo nice to me; such a pleasant, sincere person to interview and to know. I have to admit; I had the hots for her that year. wub.gif At first I thought Sean was an arrogant jerk, yet he turned out to be a good guy.

I haven't seen the movie; the Tuohy-Oher story is well documented in this region. But what I've been told, Sandra Bullock's portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy is perfect.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jan 2 2010, 08:58 PM)
As a big Ole Miss fan, I enjoyed the movie, of course. By the way, you guys do realized that this movie was based off of true events, right?

I met Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy when they were seniors and I was a freshman at Ole Miss back in late 1981-early 1982. They were already dating then. She was a smokin' hot cheerleader and sorority girl and he was the point guard on the basketball team. Most of the senior girls I knew at Ole Miss, especially those in a sorority, acted kinda "stuck up." But not Leigh Anne Roberts (her maiden name) .... She was sooooooo nice to me; such a pleasant, sincere person to interview and to know. I have to admit; I had the hots for her that year. wub.gif At first I thought Sean was an arrogant jerk, yet he turned out to be a good guy.

I haven't seen the movie; the Tuohy-Oher story is well documented in this region. But what I've been told, Sandra Bullock's portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy is perfect.

Cool. I never realized there were any fellow Mississippians on this board. trink39.gif

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jan 2 2010, 07:58 PM)

How cool! I love that story.

You should see the movie. yes.gif