Gary Moore - Your preference of style?

Steevo

Gary Moore - Blues Vs Metal  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Gary Moore - Blues Vs Metal

• Blues
    • Metal

I've been a fan of Gary since his "Corridors of Power" release.

What a fine guitarist he is.....blues, metal, jazz or anything.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 23 2009, 11:23 AM)
You forgot to include his Jazz-Fusion period mate wink.gif

Holy versatility Batman!! ohmy.gif And then some...had no idea he had dipped into so much...but I only know him really for those 2. Good call biggrin.gif

"Over his long career, Moore has been anything but predictable in his style and genre, at times to the dismay and confusion of his fans and critics alike, ranging from an amalgam of rock, jazz, blues and country, to traditional electric blues, to hard rock, heavy metal and more. Although primarily recognized as a blues-rock artist, his variations and versatility are no more evidenced than by a glimpse at some of his collaborations including such diverse acts/artists as George Harrison, Trilok Gurtu, Dr. Strangely Strange, Colosseum II, Albert Collins, Jimmy Nail, Mo Foster, Ginger Baker, Jim Capaldi, Vicki Brown, Cozy Powell, The Beach Boys, Gary Husband, Ozzy Osbourne and Andrew Lloyd Webber."

Great guitarist! One of my favs. His blues stuff is good, but i prefer his hard rock leanings. And his jazz stuff is cool as well. Just a great overall player. I love how he uses thick ass strings and bends the shit out of them!

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 22 2009, 06:23 PM)
You forgot to include his Jazz-Fusion period mate wink.gif

I love the album, "Cozy Powell - tilt" Gary is awesome on it. 1022.gif

Archived