The Men Who Stare At Goats

Mara

Okay, so it's George Clooney. The man's a good actor if you can set his politics aside.

Anyone going to see this? I have to say the trailers have piqued my interest. I may read the book first, though.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 4 2009, 02:35 AM)
George Clooney isnt half as funny as he thinks he is. He needs to stick to dramas.

I think, with the good combination of director/script, he can be. In "From Dusk to Dawn" and "Brother where are thou" he was. Sadly, in the last Cohen's movie (don't remember the name, the one with Brad Pitt too) he wasn't.

This movie is out this weekend, I will surely see it.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Nov 4 2009, 10:53 AM)
George Clooney isnt half as funny as he thinks he is. He needs to stick to dramas.

I think, with the good combination of director/script, he can be. In "From Dusk to Dawn" and "Brother where are thou" he was. Sadly, in the last Cohen's movie (don't remember the name, the one with Brad Pitt too) he wasn't.

In the Coen's "Burn After Reading," Clooney forced it. In that role and a few others like it, it's like he's trying too hard to be funny. He bugs his eyes out and yells, and it doesn't seem natural for him. He's more effective with a deadpan approach, which served him well in the "Ocean's" films.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 4 2009, 07:16 PM)

In the Coen's "Burn After Reading," Clooney forced it. In that role and a few others like it, it's like he's trying too hard to be funny. He bugs his eyes out and yells, and it doesn't seem natural for him. He's more effective with a deadpan approach, which served him well in the "Ocean's" films.

Oh yeah, that's the movie, thank you. And I totally agree with your analisys. Everyone in that movie was acting so strangely... Great let down. Hope this one isn't.

Saw it saturday night.

The first half is very good, with a lot of gags and that gonzo attitude that comes from The Big Lebowsky. Jeff Bridges is spectacular.

In the second half the script is less tight and loses focus.

Clooney is good, I'd say is very close to his Brother where art thou performance.

Saw this last night..... good entertaining film with an okay story that kind of drifts after the first 40 minutes or.

Okay performances all round with no one particularly outstanding.

3/5

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Nov 5 2009, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 4 2009, 07:16 PM)

Oh yeah, that's the movie, thank you. And I totally agree with your analisys. Everyone in that movie was acting so strangely... Great let down. Hope this one isn't.

I loved Burn After Reading! It was a movie about idiots and I think the cast nailed their characters. Funny, funny stuff.