Blue Cheer's Dickie Peterson

MCM

I just came across this by accident when I was searching for something else at Rolling Stone. Holy crap! Neil wrote something for RS... and they printed it! laugh.gif

I'm also surprised this is the only mention of it here at TRF, and that more people haven't responded to the thread.

Louder Than God...

Indeed. Classic rock magazine had and excellent article on them recently. I used to listen to Vincebus Eruptum while at work in an auto wrecking yard. Pretty fitting. This is the first I have heard that Dickie's gone.

Thanks for kickstarting heavy metal, dude.

rose.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Oct 21 2009, 11:31 PM)
Of course, the first comment on the article is bashing Neil. Ahhhh ..Rolling Stone. gotta love em.

As it turns out, the ONLY anti-Neil comment is that first one, and the rest of the responses all defend Neil and blast that first poster. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Man, I just goofed up on top in the Rush Section.

What a loss.

I love Blue Cheer.

I just posted that I always thought that Blue Cheer wrote "Summertime Blues" and it was covered by The Who and by Rush.

I was totally wrong.

Eddie Cochran wrote that song in 1958 and everyone covers that song!

Blue Cheer invented HEAVY METAL!!!!!!!

What a bummer!!!!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 21 2009, 08:26 PM)
I just came across this by accident when I was searching for something else at Rolling Stone. Holy crap! Neil wrote something for RS... and they printed it! laugh.gif

I'm also surprised this is the only mention of it here at TRF, and that more people haven't responded to the thread.

Yeah , from the other posts, it seems as though that guy is a regular asshat on there laugh.gif, im glad Neil is getting some respect.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 22 2009, 08:51 AM)
That's crazy how the sound pressure levels were too high for mics so high they had to record outside? Is there any truth to this rumor Neil talked about???
popcorn.gif

Apparently. They were too loud ror the studio, so Outsideinside was was recorded on a pier in New York. Ya gotta love a band with cast- iron balls like that.

Archived