Michael Jackson - This is It

PuppetKing2112

I have a friend in the recording industry who saw this over the weekend. He said that what you see is what you get. It's just the rehearsal footage strung together in logical order. No commentary whatsoever, the "movie" speaks for itself.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 2 2009, 10:35 AM)
I highly recommend this, btw. Really enjoyed it.

I agree PK. What an incredible show that would have been. It just shows how senseless and sad his death really was. sad.gif He sounded great and danced so smooth, it's very hard to believe he was taking so many drugs.

I am going to go see it again.

PK did you get the backstage pass when you gave the clerk your ticket?

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 2 2009, 06:50 PM)
If Bubbles makes an appearance, i may consider.

laugh.gif

Me too.

Only if he does "Liquor n' Whores" with Michael.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 2 2009, 12:35 PM)
I highly recommend this, btw. Really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear this. My daughter really wants to see it. It's more intruguing to me than any of the other crap that's out right now.

OK. It's easy to bash MJ. His personal life is a mess, and what he did to his face is tragic. That aside, I'll focus on him as an artist.

I've never been a big fan of his music. It's catchy, but nnot really my style. But I admire his talent and was intrigued about the idea of his farewell concert and the spectacle that it would be. So, I took my daughter to see "This Is It". I highly recommend it.

This board is packed with musicians, and the movie presents a great chance to see top-notch musicians performing and preparing for an upcoming "tour" (I know the 50 scheduled shows weren't actually touring, but the scale and duration match a tour's preparation). MJ's backing musicians were amazing to watch. And say what you want to about Jackson, but he can inspire people to perform at their highest level.

I also appreciate athleticism, and watching these dancers perform was special. MJ surrounds himself with top dancers from around the world, and they don't disappoint. And as good as they are, Jackson blows them all away - at the age of 50!

I'm glad I saw this on the big screen. This is the kind of stuff I'd like to see from RUSH - a glimpse behind the scenes. I never would have attended a Jackson concert, but seeing what he had planned (choreography, musicianship, video) leaves me certain that this show would have been the greatest concert experience imaginable.

I was a big Michael Jackson fan when I was young, he had a big impact on me. So of course I went to see the movie, and obviously, as a fan, I am biased, but my husband went with me and he wasn't very excited about going, and he really ended up enjoying it as well.

It was great to get a glimpse behind the scenes, you can tell how passionate he was about his music, what a perfectionist he was and how much work went into all of it was amazing. My husband and I still haven't stopped whining about how much we would have loved to have seen one of those shows, he was really pulling out all the stops.

MJ surrounds himself with top dancers from around the world, and they don't disappoint. And as good as they are, Jackson blows them all away - at the age of 50!

His dance moves are second nature to him. He is so smooth and effortless, you watch his feet and he is just gliding. It would have been an awesome show!