The Absolute Perfection That Is Kate Bush

Steevo

Beautiful, beautiful voice. Love her.

Kate Bush......

What can I say? I remember vividly when she burst onto the scene, and like many other adolescent boys of the time, I was hopelessly, madly in love with her.....

I honestly don't think there was anyone like her before and probably never will be again. Her songs were utterly captivating with a beautifully ethereal quality that somehow managed to be very "of this world" and often overtly carnal.

There are so many good songs she wrote, but The Man With The Child in his Eyes is heartstoppingly beautiful...and she wrote that when she wa 14...simply unbelieveable.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 31 2009, 10:44 AM)
Kate Bush......

What can I say? I remember vividly when she burst onto the scene, and like many other adolescent boys of the time, I was hopelessly, madly in love with her.....

I honestly don't think there was anyone like her before and probably never will be again. Her songs were utterly captivating with a beautifully ethereal quality that somehow managed to be very "of this world" and often overtly carnal.

There are so many good songs she wrote, but The Man With The Child in his Eyes is heartstoppingly beautiful...and she wrote that when she wa 14...simply unbelieveable.

yes.gif

That whole album is amazing.

And no one else could ever, ever manage to encapsulate the essence of Wuthering Heights so perfectly in a song. She nails every element - songwriting, music, performance.

An amazing woman with an amazing voice.

A bit reclusive these days, but nothing wrong with that. Just so long as she produces the odd album every few years or so, I'll be content.

one of my favourite songs is "And So Is Love" for various personal reasons (plus it has Eric Clapton doing his thing on lead guitar too)

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Sep 12 2009, 07:40 AM)
one of my favourite songs is "And So Is Love" for various personal reasons (plus it has Eric Clapton doing his thing on lead guitar too)

Gorgeous track, first time I heard it I practically broke down. She contains so much emotive power in her voice. Love what EC did here to tip it over the edge. Stunning yes.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 11 2009, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Sonatine @ Sep 12 2009, 07:40 AM)

Gorgeous track, first time I heard it I practically broke down. She contains so much emotive power in her voice. Love what EC did here to tip it over the edge. Stunning yes.gif

It's a very under-rated song/ballad, but it gets me every time.

Have never been a big Clapton fan, but he's quite awesome here for his simple, restrained and emotive guitar work that never consumes or detracts from Bush's melodic voice.

but yeah it won't be so exhausting this time around, considering she probably can't dance too much anymore. and hopefully no one will get killed again either. aint gonna happen but I'm hopin for a US tour

Love her. Discovered her as a young'un by way of Pat Benatar's cover of Wuthering Heights. Still love that cover.

but yeah it won't be so exhausting this time around, considering she probably can't dance too much anymore. and hopefully no one will get killed again either. aint gonna happen but I'm hopin for a US tour

More chance Rush touring Australia...

• Like 1

well, one thing I've learned in my few years as a kate fan is to always expect the unexpected....did anyone foresee her releasing director's cut and 50 words for snow in the same year? or putting out a double album after a 12 year hiatus? but I don't believe I'll ever check the event page for atlanta, georgia and see kate's name on there. I'd shit my f*ckin pants Edited by bathory
  • Like 1

well, one thing I've learned in my few years as a kate fan is to always expect the unexpected....did anyone foresee her releasing director's cut and 50 words for snow in the same day? or putting out a double album after a 12 year hiatus? but I don't believe I'll ever check the event page for atlanta, georgia and see kate's name on there. I'd shit my f*ckin pants

:LOL: Needless to say if our boys ever make it down under as well.

• Like 1

I gave up on her forums years ago. A thing I really hated with a lot of her older fans was this ragging on Tori, really stoopid shit. They're both equally amazing in their own right for me at least :huh: Edited by Steevo

I gave up on her forums years ago. A thing I really hated with a lot of her older fans was this ragging on Tori, really stoopid shit. They're both equally amazing in their own right for me at least :huh:

it's kinda similar to the prejudice a lot of folks here have against dream theater or bands that have a clear rush influence. the kate news forum seems split down the middle on tori amos

I'm not a big tori fan though but she's got some shit I like.

what I didn't like about the kate forums...was hopin to find some more prog freaks or metalheads. I mean, kate and cocteau twins are great, but I can't jam stuff like that all the time - but I guess when they want a fix of something "heavy" they listen to james and the cold gun or violin

I gave up on her forums years ago. A thing I really hated with a lot of her older fans was this ragging on Tori, really stoopid shit. They're both equally amazing in their own right for me at least :huh:

it's kinda similar to the prejudice a lot of folks here have against dream theater or bands that have a clear rush influence. the kate news forum seems split down the middle on tori amos

I'm not a big tori fan though but she's got some shit I like.

what I didn't like about the kate forums...was hopin to find some more prog freaks or metalheads. I mean, kate and cocteau twins are great, but I can't jam stuff like that all the time - but I guess when they want a fix of something "heavy" they listen to james and the cold gun or violin

Excellent point. The few Kate fans I've met in person always had similar diverse tastes...prog of course being one of them. But her forums seemed mostly made of types that just wanted to worship at the Kate altar which just got tedious after a while.

• Like 1