National Football League - 2009

Inthend

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 21 2009, 12:01 AM)
Browns/ Raiders next week. Meaningless game but some classic history! biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqRdepW3QVw

BTW.. we went on to beat the Chargers and crush the Eagles in the Super Bowl!! 1022.gif biggrin.gif

Yea had to bring that up t man!! angry.gif tongue.gif

One of many Cleveland heartaches!!!

Browns really have to step up and offer the bucks $$$ to Josh Cribbs renegotiate his contract NOW. The all time NFL kick off return leader has earned it ten fold. Problem is don't know who would take part in making an offer since Learner canned GM George Kokinis earlier. Perhaps Mangini has a say in the matter? Mike Holmgren was in town last week in a meeting with Randy Learner. If Holmgren becomes GM don't see Eric Mangini coaching here next year, clash of the egos. But on the other hand with the Browns showing some life lately might be a reason to keep Mangini and his plan is working (If he really has one)

That was such a disappointing game last night between the Packers and the Steelers. The Packers should of won that game, but that was a great catch at the end. The Packers play the Seahawks next week and that shouldn't be a hard game. I think the Packers should get the Wild Card spot.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 21 2009, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 21 2009, 11:14 AM)
Playoff picture at this moment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...ts&confirm=true

The NFC is pretty much set.

In the AFC, wouldn't it be a GREAT story if the Titans made it in? They'd have to be the first 0-6 team to ever do that.

It would be tough....they have to play Chargers as one of their final 2 games.

If you click on (+) beside teams in Standings it breaks down what they must do to get in and tells you who final2 opponents they play.

Old man Farve is doing what he did with N.Y. last year, breaking down. If the season was 9 games he would have it made laugh.gif They will lose in the first round yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 21 2009, 10:37 AM)
Old man Farve is doing what he did with N.Y. last year, breaking down. If the season was 9 games he would have it made laugh.gif They will lose in the first round yes.gif

I don't know about that...the Vikings are close to clinching the NFC North and it looks like that they are having a first-round bye...unless if they lose their last two games.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 21 2009, 11:37 AM)

Bite your tongue. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 21 2009, 04:01 PM)
Seriously.....Favre looks like he needs a week off to gear up for the playoffs.

If he has a week off they might end up playing in the Wild Card games, with The Iggles taking their spot!

trink38.gif

yes.gif He look's old ,slow and sloppy . Now he fights with the head coach. One and done in the playoff's yes.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 21 2009, 04:13 PM)

If he has a week off they might end up playing in the Wild Card games, with The Iggles taking their spot!

trink38.gif

Th eEagles will not win the Super Bowl, or even the NFC championship, but they could play spoiler to their side of the playoffs...and derail someone.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 21 2009, 04:24 PM)
The Eagles will not win the Super Bowl, or even the NFC championship

Why not? They're playing as well as anyone right now, and when the playoffs start everyone is 0-0 again.

I think the Eagles have a serious shot.....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 21 2009, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 21 2009, 04:13 PM)

trink38.gif

Th eEagles will not win the Super Bowl, or even the NFC championship, but they could play spoiler to their side of the playoffs...and derail someone.

You never know, who would have picked The Cards to go all the way to the Bowl this time last year?

cool.gif

In the end I think the Eagles D-backs are too weak against a very strong offensive team to go all the way, but as everyone says, anything can happen once the playoffs start. I would agree that I dont see any team thats not beatable in the AFC, although to me, the best of the AFC looks better than the best of the NFC.....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 21 2009, 06:36 PM)
Holmgren offically joins Browns as Team President.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/21/holmgren-a...team-president/

Yea, my friend told me about this a few days ago when it was just a rumour. He is a die-hard browns fan and his exact reaction was, 'it couldn't possibly get any worse'. Since he put it that way, I guess it isn't that bad of a move for them. I thought Holmgren was still in Seattle and forgot that Mora replaced him. You know you have to suck when Jim Mora replaces you. lol

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 21 2009, 06:41 PM)

Yea, my friend told me about this a few days ago when it was just a rumour. He is a die-hard browns fan and his exact reaction was, 'it couldn't possibly get any worse'. Since he put it that way, I guess it isn't that bad of a move for them. I thought Holmgren was still in Seattle and forgot that Mora replaced him. You know you have to suck when Jim Mora replaces you. lol

Was a big fan of his dad...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6688343676151410482#

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 21 2009, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 21 2009, 06:41 PM)

Was a big fan of his dad...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6688343676151410482#

YES this is the REAL Jim Mora

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5330/morasaints.jpg

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 21 2009, 04:17 PM)

yes.gif He look's old ,slow and sloppy . Now he fights with the head coach. One and done in the playoff's yes.gif

Just like the Cowgirls. yes.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 21 2009, 07:04 PM)

An old George Carlin joke:

He wanted to put a lighted sign on his car that he could type messages on for other drivers...

"You drive like old people f**k! Slow and sloppy!"

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 21 2009, 07:04 PM)

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Archived