treeduck

This is absolutely sickening.

Is it too late to lock up the dirtbag of a father? At the very least, every cent he makes should be garnished.

It's also too late to restore MJ's reputation. It's far too embedded in the mindsets of the public. They'll continue to believe he must have done it to at least one of them.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 28 2009, 04:56 PM)
It's also too late to restore MJ's reputation. It's far too embedded in the mindsets of the public. They'll continue to believe he must have done it to at least one of them.

Agreed.

And if it's true that he never did it, then I fully regret the way I've felt about him since his accusation.

BUT... and this is huge for me. Had it been ME that had been accused of such a heinous crime, there's NO WAY IN HELL I would have settled. I would have taken it to court and taken my chances with a jury.

Also... another huge thing for me. Had I been charged with this once... you'd never catch me around children in the way he was around children again. no.gif He swears he was targeted by sick people because of his money, but he CONTINUALLY put himself in harm's way by never changing his ways. f**k that shit about being true to yourself. If I've been falsely accused of something as horrible as CHILD MOLESTATION... which to me, is about the worst crime in the entire world... then there's NO WAY i'm going to be putting myself in any situations that would leave me being accused of it again. MJ did this every day of his life.

Even if he wasn't actually molesting children, his actions were inappropriate. Even what he admits to, sleeping in beds with children, was wrong.

Too many testimonies, by staff, police and other victims in the later trial, make it hard for me to believe that MJ was innocent of highly inappropriate behavior with children, regardless of what a ridiculously sympathetic jury came out with. I don't fall for the crap that because one is damaged as a child, they get a pass on their behavior as an adult either. Yes, MJ was abused by Joe, but too bad. He had no right to spread the cycle on other kids, even if he thought he was doing it in some warped perception of a "loving way".

There's never going to be a way that MJ will be cleared of any of this. Lie detectors are bullshit, and everyone knows that, so they can't be used. MJ had the chance to disprove all of this by not settling and then by changing his actions with children. He never did, and that fault lies with him.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 28 2009, 08:56 PM)
It's also too late to restore MJ's reputation.  It's far too embedded in the mindsets of the public.  They'll continue to believe he must have done it to at least one of them.

Agreed.

And if it's true that he never did it, then I fully regret the way I've felt about him since his accusation.

BUT... and this is huge for me. Had it been ME that had been accused of such a heinous crime, there's NO WAY IN HELL I would have settled. I would have taken it to court and taken my chances with a jury.

Also... another huge thing for me. Had I been charged with this once... you'd never catch me around children in the way he was around children again. no.gif He swears he was targeted by sick people because of his money, but he CONTINUALLY put himself in harm's way by never changing his ways. f**k that shit about being true to yourself. If I've been falsely accused of something as horrible as CHILD MOLESTATION... which to me, is about the worst crime in the entire world... then there's NO WAY i'm going to be putting myself in any situations that would leave me being accused of it again. MJ did this every day of his life.

Even if he wasn't actually molesting children, his actions were inappropriate. Even what he admits to, sleeping in beds with children, was wrong.

Too many testimonies, by staff, police and other victims in the later trial, make it hard for me to believe that MJ was innocent of highly inappropriate behavior with children, regardless of what a ridiculously sympathetic jury came out with. I don't fall for the crap that because one is damaged as a child, they get a pass on their behavior as an adult either. Yes, MJ was abused by Joe, but too bad. He had no right to spread the cycle on other kids, even if he thought he was doing it in some warped perception of a "loving way".

There's never going to be a way that MJ will be cleared of any of this. Lie detectors are bullshit, and everyone knows that, so they can't be used. MJ had the chance to disprove all of this by not settling and then by changing his actions with children. He never did, and that fault lies with him.

Question: How many children would MJ have had stay at his house if their parents didn't drop them off and leave them there?

Answer: 0

The fault lies with him, eh?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 28 2009, 07:56 PM)
It's also too late to restore MJ's reputation.  It's far too embedded in the mindsets of the public.  They'll continue to believe he must have done it to at least one of them.

Agreed.

I think from all the behavior of the years of M.J, its safe to conclude that he didnt have the same normal thought process as you and i. Sure, if it was me, id make sure to stay as far away from kids as possible. but he obviously wasnt living in the same type of reality as the rest of us. I sincerely believe he had no malicious intent when hanging out with those kids, as wrong as his behavior was to the rest of the world.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 28 2009, 08:02 PM)

Agreed.

Question: How many children would MJ have had stay at his house if their parents didn't drop them off and leave them there?

He was obviously willing/wanting to take them.....I mean they must've been invited to drop the kids off.....If he would have said no, then there wouldn't have been any kids there.......and no allegations against him.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 29 2009, 12:50 AM)

Agreed.

He was obviously willing/wanting to take them.....I mean they must've been invited to drop the kids off.....If he would have said no, then there wouldn't have been any kids there.......and no allegations against him.

And if you don't cross a street, than you most certainly won't get hit by a car. See how it works?

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 29 2009, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 29 2009, 12:50 AM)

Agreed.

And if you don't cross a street, than you most certainly won't get hit by a car. See how it works?

Have to say I agree with Pags on this. How many parents, upon getting a phone call informing them that a somewhat odd 30-something single guy wants their kid to come to a "sleepover" at his house, would run to pack their son's bags without at least a second thought? Makes no difference that at the time MJ had more money than God. It's still pretty screwed up; parents who DIDN'T have dollar signs dancing in their heads would have said "no just no, but oh, HELL, no!"

This is horrible news. What is going to come of all past allegations? What, if anything, is going to happen to Evan and his father? Was causing all that pain and suffering onto another person worth all that money?

Okay I have stated several times that I seriously question the allegations made by the accusing families but I have to say for now that this must be a hoax...

-This is not reported anywhere else; especially the major news media (It is way too big not to be covered by them)

-no reliable source confirming this...the website which posted this initially was just put up the day before this "confession" was posted.

-Jordan is the child, Evan is the father...makes me question the credibility and reliablity of report if you cannot get that right.

Having said that I still think there is something seriously fishy about that whole thing. The fact that they went after MJ's cash rather than pursue criminal charges reeks huge of opportunism.

Also I thought it was interesting that Jordan (the child) refused to testify in MJ's criminal trial and that also he had a restraining order against his dad who allegedly hit him on the back of the head with a weight. Take what you will from that but it fuels my suspicions big time.

Good points all. I didn't know about the names, but I admit to thinking it rather odd that it wasn't making headlines.

I kind of hope it's true.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

That's the part I had problems with. I don't care who you are...if you are an adult, you don't have slumber parties with 8 year olds. sad.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 29 2009, 02:05 PM)
Even if he wasn't actually molesting children, his actions were inappropriate.  Even what he admits to, sleeping in beds with children, was wrong. 

That's the part I had problems with. I don't care who you are...if you are an adult, you don't have slumber parties with 8 year olds. sad.gif

Exactly. Being Michael Jackson doesn't make that okay.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM)
Even if he wasn't actually molesting children, his actions were inappropriate.  Even what he admits to, sleeping in beds with children, was wrong. 

Yeah I could never argue that part of it, either. I found much of his behavior extremely strange. Not illegal. And I don't really think a child would be 'damaged' by the experience of staying at Jackson sleepover. But no question about it - it's f*ckin' strange. And I would never allow my kids to have spent the night. Assuming I was a parent who brought their kid to Never Land... when my car pulled out, my kid would have been with me.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 29 2009, 11:34 AM)
This makes me sick to my stomach.

Same feeling here!

Ugly in EVERY direction:

Actions by an emotionally immature adult which either were inappropriate or may be misconstrued as inappropriate.

A greedy, opportunistic and abusive parent.

A legal system too easily influenced by the "sensationally politicized trigger crime" of the decade.

A manipulative and irresponsible mainstream media quick to exploit any ratings/income generating story.

A fickle and largely undereducated public quick to swallow pulp and bandwagon around an overly-hyped story.

WHAT A MESS!!!

Hare sad.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 29 2009, 01:59 PM)

Yeah I could never argue that part of it, either. I found much of his behavior extremely strange. Not illegal. And I don't really think a child would be 'damaged' by the experience of staying at Jackson sleepover. But no question about it - it's f*ckin' strange. And I would never allow my kids to have spent the night. Assuming I was a parent who brought their kid to Never Land... when my car pulled out, my kid would have been with me.

Me too. Sleepovers are for kids and their age-appropriate friends. A 30+ year-old man is not an age-appropriate friend which to have sleepovers with. I wouldn't have minded my kids spending an afternoon at his ranch but I would have insisted on chaperoning.

Did MJ really understand how weird he was or did he just have too many people around him telling him what he wanted to hear? Genius on the music front but needed some intervention there on understanding what was normal behavior and what was not. I think he put himself in some terrible and awkward positions even though he may have meant well.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 29 2009, 03:59 PM)

But the weirdest part of the whole Neverland sleep over is that Michael admitted to sleeping in the same bed as them. wacko.gif

Archived