$1.92 million for 24 songs

Test4VitalSigns

If I were her, I would take my kids and flee to some remote section of Nunavut or Labrador and never pay those greedy m***********s a single red penny of that 1.92 million.

They'll make 1.92 million off the next teenage "sensation" that they decide to pimp. In the FIRST WEEK.

That's just absolutely, unbelievably outrageous.

A bunch of assfuckers, they are. I've downloaded music before, but usually end up buying the CD afterward if I really like the music...to get the album art and the lossless quality audio and stuff. I understand they want money for their work, but they only deserve to get paid if they've provided a lossless quality CD with a case, labels, artwork, etc. To penalize someone for downloading a compressed MP3 file....wtf...its not even the real product their stealing, its a LOW QUALITY COPY. And to fine them 80 grand per song!! That's just f*cked up... 1.92 million in damages...WHAT damages? Psh...f**k em, they don't deserve a penny of it.

:BIG MIDDLE FINGER: to the RIAA angry.gif

I almost always buy my music, but listen to it on youtube or somewhere, to decide if I'll like it. Then I end up listening to one CD for 3 months or so... I don't have the money to listen to a lot of different stuff... wink.gif

I'm always careful and don't download anything illegally, but I agree, this is totally crazy! 24 songs... damn... if she downloads 60 GB everyday and sells it... ok... but this is ridiculous... angry.gif

I don't even know how to download a song.

As for the person who got fined 1.92 million icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 19 2009, 02:26 PM)
I've downloaded music before, but usually end up buying the CD afterward if I really like the music

Yes, this is my theory as well.

But I don't download any MP3s anymore.

My wife and I were just talking about this, and she believes that the RIAA will never see a dime because she just doesn't have it.

You can't get blood from a turnip.......

I think it's time to ressurect this beast.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/Xanadu93/FUCKTHERIAA.jpg

This is absolutely ridiculous, and the major record labels only have themselves to blame.

They had the opportunity to put measures in place to ensure an income from artists product years ago(It's not as if they weren't warned) but chose not to.

It's easy. All they have to do is set up a site where free downloading is allowed (you'll never stop it) but the site is payed for through advertising and members submitting to online questionnaires, market research etc.

They could then pay the artists a percentage of the income, take a cut themselves, and the punters are happy with their free downloads.

As it is, f**k the greedy bastards. I wouldn't give them the steam of my shite, and they can all go to Hell in a handcart for all I care.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 19 2009, 04:09 AM)
Jammie Thomas-Rasset, a single mother of four from the US state of Minnesota, was found liable for using the Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing network to download the songs over the internet.

She used Kazaa AND got sued? Talk about adding insult to injury... tongue.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 20 2009, 08:01 AM)
This just in..........!

She was downloading Kiss... she deserves the fine. tongue.gif (not for the theft...for the poor taste in music)

Seeing as you admit to liking Dream Theatre, your opinion on this is completely invalidated. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 19 2009, 07:11 PM)
My wife and I were just talking about this, and she believes that the RIAA will never see a dime because she just doesn't have it.

I don't think that was the point. The point was to try and scare the shit out of people by using this poor person as an example. Of course they're trying to hold back the ocean with a bunch of sandbags...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2009, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 19 2009, 07:11 PM)

I don't think that was the point. The point was to try and scare the shit out of people by using this poor person as an example. Of course they're trying to hold back the ocean with a bunch of sandbags...

Well, they failed miserably with trying to scare me.

I would say the majority of America sees through this tactic as well.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 20 2009, 02:30 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 20 2009, 08:01 AM)
This just in..........!

She was downloading Kiss...  she deserves the fine. tongue.gif (not for the theft...for the poor taste in music)

Seeing as you admit to liking Dream Theatre, your opinion on this is completely invalidated. wink.gif

sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Archived