The Beatles' Remastered Discography

i got mine at the borders right by penn station in new york city for *looks at receipt* $181.99....plus NYC sales tax 062802puke_prv.gif

still worth it though, even for the packaging alone. i won't be able to actually listen to my new babies until saturday, but i downloaded leaks of Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road a few days ago and they definitely sounded amazing, even in mp3. can't wait to listen to the rest of em.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! BEATLEMANIA 2009!! Who would have thought that this day would come?

I hit two Best Buys in the morning. The Mono Boxes and the Stereo Boxes were sold out in minutes.

I hit Rasputin's in Pleasant Hill.

All boxes GONE.

I was totally bummed so I jammed to Berkeley and went to Amoeba and scored!

One Mono and one Stereo Box!

I have yet to hear them, they are still sealed.

They truly are a thing of beauty.

The Beatles Fever struck me so hard that I had to go back and pick up the limited edition BEATLES ROCK BAND!

I love that Harrison guitar controller too!!

As for the Beatles boxes I learned that there are only 100,000 units worldwide but that they will be making more and they should be shipping sometime in October.

It's worth every "PENNY LANE" kids!

Save up your lunch money and GO FOR IT!!

Where would the world be without The Beatles?

Time to write a script.

trink39.gif

So I just showed this to my dad, and we put on Abbey Road on my family's stereo system in the living room (which is a lot nicer than the one I have in my room, believe me). After we played "Come Together," we took the CD out and played the same song off my parents' old CD of it, and my dad just burst out laughing after a minute, saying "I was a little skeptical of you dropping $200 on this box set, but I see what you mean." Then we put the new CD back in and played the rest of the album, and all throughout, my dad was pointing out things he had never heard before.

Now they're playing Help!, which I've always said is their most underrated album. It sounds great so far.

I'm going to listen to Revolver tonight. That should be fun.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 9 2009, 07:07 PM)
Wow! BEATLEMANIA 2009!! Who would have thought that this day would come?
I hit two Best Buys in the morning. The Mono Boxes and the Stereo Boxes were sold out in minutes.
All boxes GONE.
The Beatles Fever struck me so hard that I had to go back and pick up the limited edition BEATLES ROCK BAND!

As for the Beatles boxes I learned that there are only 100,000 units worldwide but that they will be making more and they should be shipping sometime in October.

Time to write a script.

trink39.gif

Don't open the mono box set. That thing is going to be worth money someday. Plus, now that I've had both of them and compared, there's absolutely no point to the mono mixes with the exceptions of the white album and Magical Mystery Tour. I know there are purists who insist that mono is how the albums were "intended" to be heard, but that's a silly argument. These stereo mixes sound phenomenal.

From the three albums I listened to so far (Sgt. Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, Abbey Road), I think the biggest improvement is the separation I hear between the instruments and vocals. I can focus in on almost everything going on in the songs. It's not remixed, it just clearer. They really knew what they were doing.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 9 2009, 07:07 PM)
Wow!  BEATLEMANIA 2009!!  Who would have thought that this day would come?
I hit two Best Buys in the  morning.  The Mono Boxes and the Stereo Boxes were sold out in minutes.
All boxes GONE.

Time to write a script.

trink39.gif

Don't open the mono box set. That thing is going to be worth money someday. Plus, now that I've had both of them and compared, there's absolutely no point to the mono mixes with the exceptions of the white album and Magical Mystery Tour. I know there are purists who insist that mono is how the albums were "intended" to be heard, but that's a silly argument. These stereo mixes sound phenomenal.

Thanks Sean.

I will actually listen to you and NOT open the Mono Box.

As an audiophile nut job that I am though, I just ordered the Japanese pressings of both boxes.

My ears have always given a slight edge in sound quality over the Japanese pressing VS the American or UK pressing.

Time will tell.

Hell, maybe I won't even open up my Japanese Beatles pressings!

Sean, I didn't read much of this thread but are you going to fork out the cash for BEATLES ROCKBAND?

If you can't get it maybe you should put that game on your Christmas List.

I bet your dad already bought it for you, I mean him. laugh.gif

Damn I love The Beatles.

Ironically I am listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" right now.

Yet another classic.

When will PINK FLOYD ROCKBAND be released?

Signed,

RUSH ROCKBAND 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:48 PM)
Sean, I didn't read much of this thread but are you going to fork out the cash for BEATLES ROCKBAND?
I bet your dad already bought it for you, I mean him. laugh.gif

My brother's probably going to get it for Christmas for Wii. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually when I get my TV and my PS3 but that itself is a lot of money I have to come up with, so it's a ways off.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:48 PM)
I bet your dad already bought it for you, I mean him.  laugh.gif

My brother's probably going to get it for Christmas for Wii. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually when I get my TV and my PS3 but that itself is a lot of money I have to come up with, so it's a ways off.

I hear ya dude.

In the end it will all work out. The Wii is a good thing.

I'm so into Beatlemania that I had to put on the Paul McCartney 2005 Concert on Blu-Ray tonight.

I can't believe this concert!

Shame on me for missing it in reality.

There is no doubt in my mind that the greatest Beatle is Paul.

People may not agree with me but I will take my own opinion to the grave.

Wings too hello?

I love the irony of it all....

"PAUL IS DEAD, PAUL IS DEAD, PAUL IS DEAD."

Uh, yeah right.

John Lennon is the most OVERRATED BEATLE.

Paul is the true "Paperback Writer" while Lennon is a total Peace Loving Hippie Loser.

Just do the musical math, hence it was a dirty bloodbath in the end.

To think John wanted Yoko Ono in The Beatles.

I just read that shit in some magazine so don't get mad at me.

No wonder Paul didn't sign that contract.

No wonder the Beatles folded.

I would rather listen to a billion chainsaws buzzing in an ice cold night than Yoko Ono singing one verse of Beatles music.

Fucck Yoko Ono. She really is the one who destroyed the Beatles.

Oh yeah, so did John, fukk him too.

While I was watching that McCartney Blu-Ray I was thinking to myself that it's too bad that Ringo Starr never joined Paul for the tour.

Then I realized after watching the drummer that Paul did have, there would be no way that Ringo could do all of that incredible drumming.

Sir Paul is on a much higher level.

Love Always,

Peter Criss

1022.gif

I sat into the car and unwrapped Magical Mystery Tour. Onto track 8, Strawberry Fields Forever.

The Mellotron at the start, OK, nothing to get hung about. Then "DRAAANNNG!!!" Like a panther out of the dark! Oh my dear God, it's a different song. The clarity, the space for everything to breathe. And Ringo. Anyone who says he can't drum is an utter cock.

The goose pimples were still on my arms when I got home.

The chicken poxers are being placated by Mickey Mouse's Playhouse.

I'm in the music room now and Please Please Me is on. Everything is clear, the harmonies on Ask Me Why, oh man.

Immense.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 10 2009, 10:53 AM)
I sat into the car and unwrapped Magical Mystery Tour. Onto track 8, Strawberry Fields Forever.

The Mellotron at the start, OK, nothing to get hung about. Then "DRAAANNNG!!!" Like a panther out of the dark! Oh my dear God, it's a different song. The clarity, the space for everything to breathe. And Ringo. Anyone who says he can't drum is an utter cock.

I'm in the music room now and Please Please Me is on. Everything is clear, the harmonies on Ask Me Why, oh man.

Immense.

Wow.....I'm getting pumped reading this. smile.gif

I wonder if I can get a trade-in rebate on my original CDs. laugh.gif

The pre-Rubber Soul albums really shine. Always in the shadow of their more eclectic siblings. Not any more.

Halfway through A Hard Day's Night. They're beginning to leave the Tornadoes/Shadows guitar sound behind. George definitely listening to Scotty Moore and Carl Perkins. A bit of Dylan harmonica in I Should Have Known Better shows that they were listening.

But it's the flamenco picking and the conga playing in And I Love Her that is blowing me away.

They were light years ahead of the pack even then.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 AM)
I've heard that if the sales of these remasters go as predicted, that The Beatles will be the hottest selling artist of the year.

And they've been split up for 39 years now.

Is that a tribute to the greatness of The Beatles, or a testimony of the extreme suck of today's music?  Only you can decide.

I find it hard to believe that simply remastering the Beatles catalog will have a bigger sales impact than the death of Michael Jackson.

Then, you're either too young, or you live under a rock.

QUOTE (job @ Sep 10 2009, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 AM)
I've heard that if the sales of these remasters go as predicted, that The Beatles will be the hottest selling artist of the year.

And they've been split up for 39 years now.

Is that a tribute to the greatness of The Beatles, or a testimony of the extreme suck of today's music?  Only you can decide.

I find it hard to believe that simply remastering the Beatles catalog will have a bigger sales impact than the death of Michael Jackson.

Then, you're either too young, or you live under a rock.

It's the former, but I wasn't going to say anything. tongue.gif

I read a few negative reviews, some on blogs a few on amazon, and I think a lot of people were expecting remixes and not simply a remastering. Overall, I like what I heard so far. The songs sound cleaner and the separation is significant enough to improve the listening experience. Ringo is a damn fine drummer! Anyway, when do you think The Beatles Remixed CDs will be released?!?! One of The Beatles strengths was always leaving the listener wanting more...

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 10 2009, 09:53 AM)

Immense.

Now I'm getting excited!!!