SIDNEY CROSBY IS THE NEXT WAYNE GRETZKY!!

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 15 2009, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 14 2009, 01:38 AM)
Crosby along with Ovechkin, Malkin, Toews, etc are helping to bring hockey back into prominence and it's working.

It's so nice to see a Blackhawk in that statement! 1022.gif

As for Crosby? He's a great hockey player, but he has a long long way to go until he can be compared to the Great One . Let's see him score 80 goals or 200 points in a season before we have that discussion.

Not a fan of the Blackhawks, per se, but you are right about finally be able to note a standout. Back in the day, I was a huge Bobby Hull fan. Not to mention two other greats in that era, Stan Mikita and Tony Esposito.

Edited by Gompers

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 14 2009, 02:16 PM)
If not  cool10.gif , then  trink38.gif

Thanks a lot for the stereotype kid.

Just for the record I don't smoke the Mary Jane shit.

Maybe you will pick that habit up in high school and your posts might start being more entertaining to read.

Gee Forum Daddy, I had a few beers last night when I wrote that post. I wasn't drunk.

Just because some posts and threads of mine seem outlandish and zany doesn't mean I have to be on some drug.

So you're saying that drugs make things better? That's great advice for a teenager. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:55 PM)
I majored in English and I love to write.
Hey if you and others on here don't like my style of writing then put me on IGNORE.

I would prefer to be someone on here who adds substance rather than subtracts it away.

Talk about real "substance abuse."

Whatever.

Earl

I never said you were on a drug. I actually said "If not smoking, then drinking." That was a joke. I never said you weren't an English major, or that you have bad grammar. It is fun to read your posts - for crying out loud, how many people on this forum admit to liking Cinderella and aren't afraid to back it up? laugh.gif I was just messing around, not trying to accuse you of smoking weed or being an alcoholic. I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted and made you mad. trink39.gif

Damn dude, I was just joking around too.

I was just being very sarcastic about you doing drugs so your posts get better. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry if I came off sounding like some A-hole. I hope you never smoke that crap and I hope you never smoke cigarettes either.

In all seriousness I would never recommend a teen-ager to start doing drugs. That is ridiculous.

Even though you think I'm a goofball on here I really am a stable guy. I have a great job running three companies with my my father and I have a awesome wife and two little girls. Zoe is 12 and Skylar is 8.

I can only imagine the stress you feel being new to high school.

I survived, and now I have to make sure my girls stay on that narrow path of "success under pressure" so they can get through school.

Luckily they aren't even close to high school yet, so it is my job as a parent to keep them away from drugs, alchohol AND BOYS!!!

That's were Smith & Wesson will come in down the road.

No worries dude.

You don't know me that well yet so I can understand why you would question some of my strange writing.

It's all good.

trink39.gif

Earl

trink38.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 03:36 PM)
I was just being very sarcastic about you doing drugs so your posts get better.  I didn't mean it like that.  I'm sorry if I came off sounding like some A-hole.  I hope you never smoke that crap and I hope you never smoke cigarettes either.

In all seriousness I would never recommend a teen-ager to start doing drugs.  That is ridiculous.

Even though you think I'm a goofball on here I really am a stable guy.  I have a great job running three companies with my my father and I have a awesome wife and two little girls.  Zoe is 12 and Skylar is 8.

I survived, and now I have to make sure my girls stay on that narrow path of "success under pressure" so they can get through school.
Luckily they aren't even close to high school yet, so it is my job as a parent to keep them away from drugs, alchohol AND BOYS!!!

No worries dude.
You don't know me that well yet so I can understand why you would question some of my strange writing.

It's all good.

trink39.gif

Earl

It is hard to tell whether someone's being sarcastic on a forum like this. It can be difficult to tell if someone's joking, being serious, etc. No worries, man.

When your girls get older, will it be harder keeping them away from boys, or drugs and alcohol? I wish I was that young again, back when I had nothing to worry about! laugh.gif

Again, sorry about taking your post literally. trink39.gif

Now GO START SOME THREADS!! tongue.gif

-Tim

That Gretzky is $250-$300. I'll never sell that one either. My friend got a card in a pack signed by him numbered 33/99. As it turns out, Gretzky signed two runs of 99 so Upper Deck gave everyone the chance to send the card in for another autograph...since the first was out of double the stated amount. They sent him an autographed Rangers jersey. He left it at his dad's, under a bed in an Upper Deck box, and his younger brother moved back in...took over that room, and threw out the jersey by accident. He'd be dead today if he did that to me.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 15 2009, 05:15 PM)
That Gretzky is $250-$300. I'll never sell that one either. My friend got a card in a pack signed by him numbered 33/99. As it turns out, Gretzky signed two runs of 99 so Upper Deck gave everyone the chance to send the card in for another autograph...since the first was out of double the stated amount. They sent him an autographed Rangers jersey. He left it at his dad's, under a bed in an Upper Deck box, and his younger brother moved back in...took over that room, and threw out the jersey by accident. He'd be dead today if he did that to me.

oh shit.......no kidding!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 15 2009, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 03:36 PM)
I was just being very sarcastic about you doing drugs so your posts get better.  I didn't mean it like that.  I'm sorry if I came off sounding like some A-hole.  I hope you never smoke that crap and I hope you never smoke cigarettes either.

In all seriousness I would never recommend a teen-ager to start doing drugs.  That is ridiculous.

Even though you think I'm a goofball on here I really am a stable guy.  I have a great job running three companies with my my father and I have a awesome wife and two little girls.  Zoe is 12 and Skylar is 8.

No worries dude.

It's all good.

trink39.gif

Earl

It is hard to tell whether someone's being sarcastic on a forum like this. It can be difficult to tell if someone's joking, being serious, etc. No worries, man.

When your girls get older, will it be harder keeping them away from boys, or drugs and alcohol? I wish I was that young again, back when I had nothing to worry about! laugh.gif

Again, sorry about taking your post literally. trink39.gif

Now GO START SOME THREADS!! tongue.gif

-Tim

HAHA!

I hear ya Tim!

It really is hard to tell one's true emotions when existing on a Forum!

Real conversations is the way to go.

Heck I have met many forum members on here and they are all cool!

I am going to have one hell of a time protecting my daughters.

I'm in big trouble.

Two tuitions and two weddings to boot.

Shoot me now!

Time to write some threads!

Cheers!

Earl

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 15 2009, 06:19 PM)
That Gretzky is $250-$300.  I'll never sell that one either.  My friend got a card in a pack signed by him numbered 33/99.  As it turns out, Gretzky signed two runs of 99 so Upper Deck gave everyone the chance to send the card in for another autograph...since the first was out of double the stated amount.  They sent him an autographed Rangers jersey.  He left it at his dad's, under a bed in an Upper Deck box, and his younger brother moved back in...took over that room, and threw out the jersey by accident.  He'd be dead today if he did that to me.

Signed it on the 9's dude. It was freakin' beautiful too. He also signed a mini stick and it was in there too. Who even knows what it was worth...but it had the papers and was numered out of 99 too I think. You either got a white or a blue...each numbered out of 99. I'm not sure about the details, but I saw the jersey. It makes you want to cry doesn't it?

Edited by raygun47

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 15 2009, 04:15 PM)

That's awesome. I love that the limited number goes up to #99.

Nice card there!

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 15 2009, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 15 2009, 06:19 PM)
That Gretzky is $250-$300.  I'll never sell that one either.  My friend got a card in a pack signed by him numbered 33/99.  As it turns out, Gretzky signed two runs of 99 so Upper Deck gave everyone the chance to send the card in for another autograph...since the first was out of double the stated amount.  They sent him an autographed Rangers jersey.  He left it at his dad's, under a bed in an Upper Deck box, and his younger brother moved back in...took over that room, and threw out the jersey by accident.  He'd be dead today if he did that to me.

Signed it on the 9's dude. It was freakin' beautiful too. He also signed a mini stick and it was in there too. Who even knows what it was worth...but it had the papers and was numered out of 99 too I think. You either got a white or a blue...each numbered out of 99. I'm not sure about the details, but I saw the jersey. It makes you want to cry doesn't it?

yes, now that is heartbreaking...........damn.........i think i would cry........

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 12 2009, 10:52 PM)
Only 21 years old. The youngest captain to ever hoist and kiss the Cup!
You got to love it man. He is the Next Great One!

f**k the Sharks.

I'm loving the Pens for knocking off the "DEADWINGS" in their home town!! LOL!!

What a great Stanley Cup!!!!!!!

Signed,

"The Professor" wink.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Edit: Who says talking Hockey has to be classy? I'm a frustrated Sharks season ticket holder.
I HATE the Redwings!

I am listening to some Sublime at the minute.
Maybe I should use a different smiley.
It was great seeing Mario hold up the Cup too.

cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

I realize that you're frustrated by the Sharks as I am with the B's but I would never say what you said. Until Crosby can put up either numbers like Gretzky or Lemiuex, this thread is really kind of pointless.

I feel Malkin is a better player & the NHL would do itself a favor by promoting him or Ovechkin not Crosby. Yes, it was nice to see Lemiuex hold the Cup for the 3rd time but I think 3 times enough for a bit. Let's see if another team from the East can take it.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 16 2009, 12:32 PM)
Yes, it was nice to see Lemiuex hold the Cup for the 3rd time but I think 3 times enough for a bit. Let's see if another team from the East can take it.

Like Boston? wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 16 2009, 11:32 AM)
Only 21 years old.  The youngest captain to ever hoist and kiss the Cup!
You got to love it man.  He is the Next Great One!

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

"The Professor"  wink.gif

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Edit:  Who says talking Hockey has to be classy?  I'm a frustrated Sharks season ticket holder.
I HATE the Redwings!

cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif

I realize that you're frustrated by the Sharks as I am with the B's but I would never say what you said. Until Crosby can put up either numbers like Gretzky or Lemiuex, this thread is really kind of pointless.

I feel Malkin is a better player & the NHL would do itself a favor by promoting him or Ovechkin not Crosby. Yes, it was nice to see Lemiuex hold the Cup for the 3rd time but I think 3 times enough for a bit. Let's see if another team from the East can take it.

DT, we all know Crosby or most likely anyone will probably never put those kinds of numbers up in a regular season, simply because of the way the game has evolved. Both Gretzky and Lemieux played in a era of free-wheeling offence where even the best defensive teams were allowing 250-280 goals a season.

The Kid is already great, and still has his best hockey in front of him. No point comparing him to players from other eras.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 16 2009, 03:02 PM)

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Edit:  Who says talking Hockey has to be classy?  I'm a frustrated Sharks season ticket holder.
I HATE the Redwings!

cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif

DT, we all know Crosby or most likely anyone will probably never put those kinds of numbers up in a regular season, simply because of the way the game has evolved. Both Gretzky and Lemieux played in a era of free-wheeling offence where even the best defensive teams were allowing 250-280 goals a season.

The Kid is already great, and still has his best hockey in front of him. No point comparing him to players from other eras.

Ovechkin...he'll do it.

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

I HATE the Redwings!

All three playing then, all three playing now, Crosby is no Mario or Wayne.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 16 2009, 01:36 PM)

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

I HATE the Redwings!

Ovechkin...he'll do it.

Nope, won't be done. You can mark my words.

Ovechkin to put up 216 points?

That's how many he'll need to break the all-time record currently held by Wayne Gretzky, (52-163-215, 1985-86).

tongue.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 16 2009, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 16 2009, 01:36 PM)

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

I HATE the Redwings!

Ovechkin...he'll do it.

Nope, won't be done. You can mark my words.

Ovechkin to put up 216 points?

That's how many he'll need to break the all-time record currently held by Wayne Gretzky, (52-163-215, 1985-86).

tongue.gif

agreed, no chance........

This thread is ticking me off somewhat. I dont think it's fair to compare Crosby to Gretzky because they are different types of players. Gretzky was a scoring machine and was a lil more "protected" than Crosby is. Granted Crosby does have a pretty good scoring average but you're right he's not at the level that Greztky was. I dunno if any player ever will be because of new rules in the game and whatnot. I always saw Gretzky as like a vulture, hanging around the net and picking up loose pucks and shooting them in which is how he scored most of his goals. But I never thought of Sid as a scorer.. he's more of a playmaker. He sets things up, always watching the puck for oppourtunities.

He's still young in his career, he's got lots of time to work on getting his scoring average up. Personally I think he did pretty damn good this season for being out half the season on injury. Coming back and still being in the top 3 scorers.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 11:07 PM)
This thread is ticking me off somewhat. I dont think it's fair to compare Crosby to Gretzky because they are different types of players. Gretzky was a scoring machine and was a lil more "protected" than Crosby is. Granted Crosby does have a pretty good scoring average but you're right he's not at the level that Greztky was. I dunno if any player ever will be because of new rules in the game and whatnot. I always saw Gretzky as like a vulture, hanging around the net and picking up loose pucks and shooting them in which is how he scored most of his goals. But I never thought of Sid as a scorer.. he's more of a playmaker. He sets things up, always watching the puck for oppourtunities.

He's still young in his career, he's got lots of time to work on getting his scoring average up. Personally I think he did pretty damn good this season for being out half the season on injury. Coming back and still being in the top 3 scorers.

He's a great player on a great team that won the cup. No dissin' him... but whos the one who said he was the next Great One? If one makes such a statement then one opens up debate as to whether or not it is or may be true someday.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 16 2009, 10:14 PM)
This thread is ticking me off somewhat.  I dont think it's fair to compare Crosby to Gretzky because they are different types of players. Gretzky was a scoring machine and was a lil more "protected" than Crosby is. Granted Crosby does have a pretty good scoring average but you're right he's not at the level that Greztky was. I dunno if any player ever will be because of new rules in the game and whatnot. I always saw Gretzky as like a vulture, hanging around the net and picking up loose pucks and shooting them in which is how he scored most of his goals. But I never thought of Sid as a scorer.. he's more of a playmaker. He sets things up, always watching the puck for oppourtunities.

He's a great player on a great team that won the cup. No dissin' him... but whos the one who said he was the next Great One? If one makes such a statement then one opens up debate as to whether or not it is or may be true someday.

Blame the media for that one.

Crosby never said he was gonna be the next Gretzky.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 11:19 PM)
This thread is ticking me off somewhat.  I dont think it's fair to compare Crosby to Gretzky because they are different types of players. Gretzky was a scoring machine and was a lil more "protected" than Crosby is. Granted Crosby does have a pretty good scoring average but you're right he's not at the level that Greztky was. I dunno if any player ever will be because of new rules in the game and whatnot. I always saw Gretzky as like a vulture, hanging around the net and picking up loose pucks and shooting them in which is how he scored most of his goals. But I never thought of Sid as a scorer.. he's more of a playmaker. He sets things up, always watching the puck for oppourtunities.

No, it was RUSHHEAD666 who said it now that I look back... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 16 2009, 10:32 AM)

f**k the Sharks.

Signed,

I HATE the Redwings!

I know I know!!

Sometimes I say things on here just to get a reaction!

Sometimes it works sometimes it bombs!

Damn dude, I really thought that the Bruins were going to go to the Stanley Cup.

SHARKS V BRUINS

Or at least:

DEADWINGS V BRUINS

You and I are both in the same boat and we just hit a fokkin' iceberg.

Down she goes.

Hey at least you have FIVE CUPS!

The FUKKIN' SHUCKS HAVE ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

sad.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 16 2009, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 11:19 PM)

No, it was RUSHHEAD666 who said it now that I look back... laugh.gif

HAHAHAHA!

Classic!

Ironically I totally love this thread!!!

SID VICIOUS CROSBY RULES!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 09:19 PM)

Aye! 1287.gif

Yer not braggin if you can do it!

The media ... don't get me started! laugh.gif