SIDNEY CROSBY IS THE NEXT WAYNE GRETZKY!!

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2009, 06:23 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 04:24 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 13 2009, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 13 2009, 03:47 PM)
f**k Crosby, f**k Bettman.

All Crosby has been since he entered the league is a marketing toy. Okay so he puts up some points, but other then that, he's just bettman's marketing toy.

Don't ever try and ruin what Gretzky accomplished by comparing Crosby to him.

You're starting to sound like a broken record dude. Either shut up or bring something new to the table. You're just as bad as the morons on TSN who keep claiming the only reason the Penguins even won the Cup last night was because the NHL rigged the series.

A marketing toy, huh? Look at the economic state of the NHL currently. They lost the majority of their fanbase when they canceled the 2004-05 season due to the lockout. What are you going to try to do to bring that fanbase back? Market the hell out of the youngest and most promising stars that you have, or just sit back and hope people are going to come to the games? So what if Crosby has his own clothing line? He's 21 years old and has a Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy and a Stanley Cup under his name. How many people can you honestly say have accomplished at least one of those in their lifetime? Not many. If anything, he's a smart businessman. He's taking advantage of everything that he has in his life right now and making the most of it.

Crosby along with Ovechkin, Malkin, Toews, etc are helping to bring hockey back into prominence and it's working.

f***ing goodpost.gif

I love calling all of these hockey posers out.

Talk about a bunch of haters on here.

Just jealous is all.

I think it was great for the NHL to have Crosby and Mario kiss the Cup.

Gretzky was great on the ice but now he is one shitty Coyote Coach.

Give me a break.

I know a bit about Hockey being a Sharks season ticket holder.

Yeah I get f*cked in the ass every year but at least I can take it.

Not like all of you cry babies.

Yeah The Rush Forum, what a great cliche place to talk hockey.

"Oh boy I have a hard on for RUSH and Hockey was invented in Canaduh."

Who cares.

I bet a bunch of you were crying like little girls with skinned knees when the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Cup. HAHAHAHA!

Get over yourselves. Life is too short.

The Pens are good for the NHL.

Everything is fixed, just like that lame loser CAPTION THREAD game on this Fantastic Forum.

Desperate times demand tough talk.

Time for some "Force Ten" whoop ass on all of you sorry sods.

And you think I'm smoking something?

No thanks. My lungs are pinker than the pussy that you haters will never taste. HAHAHAHAHA!

What a great thread.

I love f***ing with you know it alls.

Sidney is the shit, and all of you haters are simply jealous.

You will never have his cashflow, his cars, his real estate, his women and his Cup.

The only cup you whiners will have is the one that will fit on top of your small cocks when you go to sleep at night listening to Rivendell and thinking up your next stupid caption to write on TRF Random Sample Lame Game Thread.

There is more to life then Rush, Hockey and Wet Dream Theater.

What a Fun Fruity Forum.

2.gif ON!

1022.gif

You are talking posers? Hello? Dive boy Crysbaby isn't? I'm not saying he is not a good hockey player, but no sensation is he. Hell come to think of it, Fleury and Malkin had a better playoff showing.

I will say that the video with White Lion was hilarious.

I understand that Sidney can't fight worth a shit and he somehow gets protection from the refs.

But please tell me and make me understand. Wasn't Gretzky protected as well? He was "The Golden Child too. Nobody in the NHL smashed his skull into the ice. He was untouchable.

Wasn't it an unwritten rule to leave Wayne alone?

Please advise.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a huge hockey guy, despite being a Red Wings fan. But I don't understand how ANYONE can compare Crosby to Wayne Gretzky.

Crosby is a good player, but Gretzky was a scoring MONSTER and the engine to a humming Edmonton Oiler scoring machine. There really is no comparison.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2009, 06:23 AM)

You are talking posers? Hello? Dive boy Crysbaby isn't? I'm not saying he is not a good hockey player, but no sensation is he. Hell come to think of it, Fleury and Malkin had a better playoff showing.

I will say that the video with White Lion was hilarious.

I understand that Sidney can't fight worth a shit and he somehow gets protection from the refs.

But please tell me and make me understand. Wasn't Gretzky protected as well? He was "The Golden Child too. Nobody in the NHL smashed his skull into the ice. He was untouchable.

Wasn't it an unwritten rule to leave Wayne alone?

Please advise.

I don't recall Gretsky falling down in agony when tapped by another player's stick. It has nothing to do with being protected. And I think it is a return era of hockey. Like when the Rocket played. If you were good, they would come after you and you could take it.

BTW..the movie is exxagerated but I highly recomend renting this:

http://www.myfamilylovesit.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/519h-udb0gl_ss500_.jpg

We're just happy that Americans are talkin' HOCKEY!!

Hell ya!

See? You guys DO rock!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

All Crosby has been since he entered the league is a marketing toy. Okay so he puts up some points, but other then that, he's just bettman's marketing toy.

You're starting to sound like a broken record dude. Either shut up or bring something new to the table. You're just as bad as the morons on TSN who keep claiming the only reason the Penguins even won the Cup last night was because the NHL rigged the series.

A marketing toy, huh? Look at the economic state of the NHL currently. They lost the majority of their fanbase when they canceled the 2004-05 season due to the lockout. What are you going to try to do to bring that fanbase back? Market the hell out of the youngest and most promising stars that you have, or just sit back and hope people are going to come to the games? So what if Crosby has his own clothing line? He's 21 years old and has a Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy and a Stanley Cup under his name. How many people can you honestly say have accomplished at least one of those in their lifetime? Not many. If anything, he's a smart businessman. He's taking advantage of everything that he has in his life right now and making the most of it.

Crosby along with Ovechkin, Malkin, Toews, etc are helping to bring hockey back into prominence and it's working.

f***ing goodpost.gif

Just jealous is all.

Give me a break.

Who cares.

I bet a bunch of you were crying like little girls with skinned knees when the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Cup. HAHAHAHA!

Everything is fixed, just like that lame loser CAPTION THREAD game on this Fantastic Forum.

No thanks. My lungs are pinker than the pussy that you haters will never taste. HAHAHAHAHA!

What a great thread.

You will never have his cashflow, his cars, his real estate, his women and his Cup.

The only cup you whiners will have is the one that will fit on top of your small cocks when you go to sleep at night listening to Rivendell and thinking up your next stupid caption to write on TRF Random Sample Lame Game Thread.

What a Fun Fruity Forum.

2.gif ON!

1022.gif

If not cool10.gif , then trink38.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 14 2009, 02:16 PM)

f***ing goodpost.gif

Just jealous is all.

Give me a break.

Who cares.

What a great thread.

What a Fun Fruity Forum.

2.gif ON!

1022.gif

If not cool10.gif , then trink38.gif

Thanks a lot for the stereotype kid.

Just for the record I don't smoke the Mary Jane shit.

Maybe you will pick that habit up in high school and your posts might start being more entertaining to read.

Gee Forum Daddy, I had a few beers last night when I wrote that post. I wasn't drunk.

Just because some posts and threads of mine seem outlandish and zany doesn't mean I have to be on some drug.

I majored in English and I love to write.

Hey if you and others on here don't like my style of writing then put me on IGNORE.

I would prefer to be someone on here who adds substance rather than subtracts it away.

Talk about real "substance abuse."

Whatever.

Earl

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 13 2009, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 13 2009, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 13 2009, 02:47 PM)

A marketing toy? WTF are you talking about?? Please elaborate.

I agree that he won't be the next Gretzky, but he is a great player.......

Almost every god dam NHL commercial now has Crosby in it (atleast the ones in Canada) or some form of Crosby, it's ridiculous. He's got clothing this, and all this other stuff, it's ridiculous.

But now that the Penguins have won the cup, be prepared for a whole nother year of NOTHING but Can Crosby defend the cup, can Crosby blah blah blah blah blah.

what a bunch of bullshit..........and how is this different from any other high prolific sport's athlete.......???

wacko.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 14 2009, 11:25 PM)

Almost every god dam NHL commercial now has Crosby in it (atleast the ones in Canada) or some form of Crosby, it's ridiculous. He's got clothing this, and all this other stuff, it's ridiculous.

But now that the Penguins have won the cup, be prepared for a whole nother year of NOTHING but Can Crosby defend the cup, can Crosby blah blah blah blah blah.

what a bunch of bullshit..........and how is this different from any other high prolific sport's athlete.......???

wacko.gif

C'mon FIELDS, Crosby sucks. They gave him the trophy so they could make a commercial to sell extra tickets in Tampa Bay, and so the NHL can get the nightly share over Rodeo on ESPN 2. He didn't even score those goals in the Washington series. If you watch, the refs kicked those in, then the scorers gave the goals to Crosby. Bettman told them to make sure Crosby looked good in that series. It was so obvious. Then they wouldn't let the Wings hit him. The refs told the Wings "don't hit him," and they couldn't.

He's not the greatest player ever to lace 'em up. We all get it. He's also one of the top 5 or 6 players at his position. But here...he'll get no respect, mainly because people confuse "I don't like him," with "He's worthless."

Edited by raygun47

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 14 2009, 10:27 PM)

wacko.gif

C'mon FIELDS, Crosby sucks. They gave him the trophy so they could make a commercial to sell extra tickets in Tampa Bay, and so the NHL can get the nightly share over Rodeo on ESPN 2. He didn't even score those goals in the Washington series. If you watch, the refs kicked those in, then the scorers gave the goals to Crosby. Bettman told them to make sure Crosby looked good in that series. It was so obvious. Then they wouldn't let the Wings hit him. The refs told the Wings "don't hit him," and they couldn't.

He's not the greatest player ever to lace 'em up. We all get it. He's also one of the top 5 or 6 players at his position. But here...he'll get no respect, mainly because people confuse "I don't like him," with "He's worthless."

Gordie Howe was probably the best Hockey Player period. Bobby Hull?

I don't understand your Raygun dude. Is it filled with jealousy bullets?

Crosby is the Real Deal.

He sure as hell isn't Old Number 99, but it surely was fun to compare and ruffle some easy fluffy feathers.

"Crosby sucks?"

No way man, unless it's Mario's purple helmet. They live together correct? Hmmmm..............

The Pens are so damn young you have to give them credit for beating the odds. Well since this is a prog forum, Phil Collins used to sing "Against All Odds." LOL!

These kids did it and they are going to do it again.

"THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!"

I can't believe all the HATE on here for the Pens.

I love it, and I hope they win five more Cups together.

My Sharks will NEVER win the Cup. Talk about a Curse.

Heck, I'm not bitter, I'm all for the next DYNASTY to take over the NHL and make them a shitload of money.

It's here kids. Wake up and smell the dead octopussy on the ice. Wait that's a Deadwing Ritual! HAHAHA!

What a bunch of LOSERS!!! HAHAHAHA!!

Yeah I hate the Deadwings. Can't you tell? "STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO!"

Payback is a bitch. It must sting like a yellow jacket bite on the back of the ear for all of you DETROIT FANS.

Maybe Thornton will be a Deadwing next season.

You can have him.

Sincerely,

Steven Wilson laugh.gif

DISCLAIMER: This post was not written while smoking weed or drinking mass quantities of booze.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 14 2009, 10:27 PM)

wacko.gif

Gordie Howe was probably the best Hockey Player period. Bobby Hull?

I don't understand your Raygun dude. Is it filled with jealousy bullets?

Crosby is the Real Deal.

He sure as hell isn't Old Number 99, but it surely was fun to compare and ruffle some easy fluffy feathers.

"Crosby sucks?"

No way man, unless it's Mario's purple helmet. They live together correct? Hmmmm..............

The Pens are so damn young you have to give them credit for beating the odds. Well since this is a prog forum, Phil Collins used to sing "Against All Odds." LOL!

These kids did it and they are going to do it again.

"THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!"

I can't believe all the HATE on here for the Pens.

I love it, and I hope they win five more Cups together.

My Sharks will NEVER win the Cup. Talk about a Curse.

Heck, I'm not bitter, I'm all for the next DYNASTY to take over the NHL and make them a shitload of money.

It's here kids. Wake up and smell the dead octopussy on the ice. Wait that's a Deadwing Ritual! HAHAHA!

What a bunch of LOSERS!!! HAHAHAHA!!

Yeah I hate the Deadwings. Can't you tell? "STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO!"

Payback is a bitch. It must sting like a yellow jacket bite on the back of the ear for all of you DETROIT FANS.

Maybe Thornton will be a Deadwing next season.

You can have him.

Sincerely,

Steven Wilson laugh.gif

DISCLAIMER: This post was not written while smoking weed or drinking mass quantities of booze.

trink39.gif

I was being ironic and using humor to make a point. I was also an English major. That's why I can read and interpret. Take another look and see if you can pick up on that the second or third time you read the post. I could get a Sparknotes version of it up online in case you need like...a truncated version that isn't so steeped in veiled sarcasm.

I love ya 666. I'm just giving ya a little face-wash after the whistle. And I really was an English major. I'm not a Crosby fan but I get why the league is marketing him, and anyone who's good for the league is good for the league. It's win/win.

Soon as I read the title of your little thread here I knew you were trying to get people "going." Like I said, there's a difference between not liking a player and the player having no skills, and Crosby has the game. He's just got a long way to go.

They did this with Lindros. He was going to be the "next great," and he wasn't able to live up to the hype. Crosby has the Cup though. That's a good start for sure.

And we have one thing in common for sure...an intense distaste for the Wings. But...Datsyuk is a great, great player. See...

The Raygun does not playa hate...he playa participates

Edited by raygun47

It's all good my friend!

Glad you you can tell the difference between some fun ribbing and some lame trollish banter! HAHA!

I love it!

Good stuff and dude, I dish it out so I deserve it!!

It's hard keeping up with all of you guys and gals!! We Rush Fans are something special and BEYOND!

We English Majors need to stick together! It's a "Wild World" in here!!

Back at ya!

trink39.gif

CAT STEVENS

cat.gif

PS: I can't believe you brought up Eric Lindros. WOW! I am really showing:

A. My age.

B. How much an American loves the NHL

C. How much money I wasted on buying HOCKEY CARDS!

Dude, I dumped a shitload of money on Lindros cards. I still have them. Maybe I should use them as toilet paper.

I have a ton of Jagr cards too. I bet they aren't worth anything these days.

Ironically I do own an O PEE CHEE mint Wayne Gretzky rookie card.

That must count for something right?

Forget the TOPPS version!

How many Americans know of the O PEE CHEE CORPORATION?

Not bad for a Shark fan eh?

EH? HAHAHA!

TAKE OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!!!!!

PSS: I still have my PAT FALLOON ERROR ROOKIE CARD. HAHAHAHA! It's worth NOTHING!

Wow, that Gretzky's worth a ton. I'd love to have that. I opened a pack once and got an autographed Gretzky. Still have it. I have a lot of hockey cards still that I love very much.

I remember the Lindros rookie craze. The big one was the Score Oshawa one, huh? I had a few, but I unloaded them way back when. I had three of those, and traded them for Brett Hull rookies...just before hockey cards started to take off. They were worth less than nothing in the States back then. I'd put together boxes of commons for sets and trade them for Mike Bossy rookies and stuff.

I had a Steve Yzerman O Pee Chee...I wish I still had that. Rookie of course, but my favorite was my Ray Bourque rookie. That was the year they had a scratch off puck on the front that you scratched to reveal the name of the player. Mine wasn't scratched...so it was "mint." Should've kept that one. Sold it to buy a keg for a party. Oh God! Memories.

Reading all of this back and forth banter about comparing Crosby to Gretzky.

Can't help but see the similarities of discussion about Lebron and Jordan.( no I don't think James is on the level of Jordan... yet)

Then I read in the paper that Crosby didn't shake hands with Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom after game 7. Have they hyped that story like they did Lebron not shaking hands and congratulating Dwight Howard?

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 15 2009, 12:41 PM)
Can't help but see the similarities of discussion about Lebron and Jordan.( no I don't think James is on the level of Jordan... yet)
Then I read in the paper that Crosby didn't shake hands with Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom after game 7. Have they hyped that story like they did Lebron not shaking hands and congratulating Dwight Howard?

Poor sportsmanship should disqualify someone from any greatness. Poor attitudes by Pro athletes are ruining many sports.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 15 2009, 12:58 PM)
Can't help but see the similarities of discussion about Lebron and Jordan.( no I don't think James is on the level of Jordan...  yet)
  Then I read in the paper that Crosby didn't shake hands with Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom after game 7.  Have they hyped that story like they did Lebron not  shaking hands  and congratulating Dwight Howard?

Poor sportsmanship should disqualify someone from any greatness. Poor attitudes by Pro athletes are ruining many sports.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 15 2009, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 15 2009, 12:58 PM)
Can't help but see the similarities of discussion about Lebron and Jordan.( no I don't think James is on the level of Jordan...  yet)
  Then I read in the paper that Crosby didn't shake hands with Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom after game 7.  Have they hyped that story like they did Lebron not  shaking hands  and congratulating Dwight Howard?

goodpost.gif

It's one thing I teach the kids I coach. Being a good sport is critical. I also consider faking an injury being a poor sport.

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 14 2009, 01:38 AM)

It's so nice to see a Blackhawk in that statement! 1022.gif

As for Crosby? He's a great hockey player, but he has a long long way to go until he can be compared to the Great One . Let's see him score 80 goals or 200 points in a season before we have that discussion.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jun 15 2009, 07:42 AM)
Wow, that Gretzky's worth a ton. I'd love to have that. I opened a pack once and got an autographed Gretzky. Still have it. I have a lot of hockey cards still that I love very much.

I remember the Lindros rookie craze. The big one was the Score Oshawa one, huh? I had a few, but I unloaded them way back when. I had three of those, and traded them for Brett Hull rookies...just before hockey cards started to take off. They were worth less than nothing in the States back then. I'd put together boxes of commons for sets and trade them for Mike Bossy rookies and stuff.

I had a Steve Yzerman O Pee Chee...I wish I still had that. Rookie of course, but my favorite was my Ray Bourque rookie. That was the year they had a scratch off puck on the front that you scratched to reveal the name of the player. Mine wasn't scratched...so it was "mint." Should've kept that one. Sold it to buy a keg for a party. Oh God! Memories.

Hey Raygun, that Gretzky autograph card is a sweet pull!!

That card must be worth some bucks!

When was the last time you looked in a Hockey Beckett to see how much it's worth?

I think my O PEE CHEE card is worth a grand. It really hasn't moved up in value at all over the years.

I'll never sell it anyway, my kids can have it.

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 12:35 AM)
It's all good my friend!

Glad you you can tell the difference between some fun ribbing and some lame trollish banter! HAHA!

I love it!

Good stuff and dude, I dish it out so I deserve it!!
It's hard keeping up with all of you guys and gals!! We Rush Fans are something special and BEYOND!

We English Majors need to stick together! It's a "Wild World" in here!!

Back at ya!

trink39.gif

CAT STEVENS

cat.gif

PS: I can't believe you brought up Eric Lindros. WOW! I am really showing:

A. My age.
B. How much an American loves the NHL
C. How much money I wasted on buying HOCKEY CARDS!

Dude, I dumped a shitload of money on Lindros cards. I still have them. Maybe I should use them as toilet paper.
I have a ton of Jagr cards too. I bet they aren't worth anything these days.

Ironically I do own an O PEE CHEE mint Wayne Gretzky rookie card.

That must count for something right?

Forget the TOPPS version!

How many Americans know of the O PEE CHEE CORPORATION?

Not bad for a Shark fan eh?

EH? HAHAHA!

TAKE OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!!!!!

PSS: I still have my PAT FALLOON ERROR ROOKIE CARD. HAHAHAHA! It's worth NOTHING!

Nice Earl.............I have TONS of Hockey Cards from back in the day. Just need to go through all of them. Haven't bought a Beckett for almost 15 years........! I would love to have the O PEE CHEE Gretzky card......

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 12:35 AM)

The Upperdeck one? I remember going to a card show and buying that card for $25.........about 2 years after that it was worth $1....... laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 14 2009, 02:16 PM)
If not  cool10.gif , then  trink38.gif

Thanks a lot for the stereotype kid.

Just for the record I don't smoke the Mary Jane shit.

Maybe you will pick that habit up in high school and your posts might start being more entertaining to read.

Gee Forum Daddy, I had a few beers last night when I wrote that post. I wasn't drunk.

Just because some posts and threads of mine seem outlandish and zany doesn't mean I have to be on some drug.

So you're saying that drugs make things better? That's great advice for a teenager. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:55 PM)
I majored in English and I love to write.
Hey if you and others on here don't like my style of writing then put me on IGNORE.

I would prefer to be someone on here who adds substance rather than subtracts it away.

Talk about real "substance abuse."

Whatever.

Earl

I never said you were on a drug. I actually said "If not smoking, then drinking." That was a joke. I never said you weren't an English major, or that you have bad grammar. It is fun to read your posts - for crying out loud, how many people on this forum admit to liking Cinderella and aren't afraid to back it up? laugh.gif I was just messing around, not trying to accuse you of smoking weed or being an alcoholic. I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted and made you mad. trink39.gif