Is/was Rush overrated?

Did/do Rush suck?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Did/do Rush suck?

• They're overrated and they suck
    • They're overrated but they don't suck
    • They're not overrated but they suck
    • They're not overrated and don't suck

I don't know what everybody thinks is so great about Rush. I mean, they were okay back when they had that "Today's Tom Sawyer" song but after that I think they sold out when they started adding keyboards to their music. Most of their fans are D&D nerds who can't get laid and their lyrics are obsessed with Ayn Rand. I guess they were OK musicians but they're nothing compared to bands like Dream Theater.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about Nickelback - a REAL Canadian export.

They're shit. Overrated just like Nirvana and Frank Zappa. Their only good song is Spirit of the Radio. Incredily bland and for the most part stupid lyrics also. Triumph was way better. Edited by theworkingman

I'm glad you brought this issue to light, Puppetking. Surely no band that comes out of Canada can have any musical significance. I mean, their frontman looks like a witch and sings like a woman while their guitar player just fails miserably while trying to imitate Jimmy Paige. And the drummer, some Neil guy? If he got his nose out of those Lord of the Rings books he might have a chance at writing some halfway intelligent lyrics. Oh, and he clearly hasn't gotten the memo that you need to love every single one of your fans if you want to be a rock star.

what the hell you guys rush is awesum. better than rap i mean come on its just talking, theres no music. and that nickelback and coldplay shit all sounds the same. i hav a question 4 you, can YOU rite a song as well as rush? unless u can, ur opinoin is wothless. theyr so deep and meningful, not like MTV shit.

puppetking, your an idiot.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 9 2009, 10:57 PM)
I don't know what everybody thinks is so great about Rush. I mean, they were okay back when they had that "Today's Tom Sawyer" song but after that I think they sold out when they started adding keyboards to their music. Most of their fans are D&D nerds who can't get laid and their lyrics are obsessed with Ayn Rand. I guess they were OK musicians but they're nothing compared to bands like Dream Theater.

What do you guys think?

Sean, I love the way you fokk with everyone on here. Hey buddy, you love to dish out the pot shots like Toll House chocolate chip cookies to school kids on a playground. I am sure you can take them too. The thicker the skin the better I always say when you take risks and type tons of shit onto a Forum of any kind.

Well done. You totally stereotyped the common Rush fan from the Seventies and Eighties. Of course you are a product of the Nineties. No wonder you like VAPOR TRAILS the most. That is just a plain shame Mr. Peter Frampton. Does not compute Mrs. Nine Inch Penis Nails.

Hey I admit growing up that I was thin, had zits and looked like a cross between Bobby, Peter and Greg Brady, but NEVER played D&D. That game is for total losers. Not intellectual Rush fans. Are Rush fans truly intellectual or are they just wearing masks of deception? You tell me partner before the "Masked Rider" takes off his purple helmet and rides into the sunset of lost dreams.

I was a nerd back then but thankfully my parents let me out of the house in 1984 to see RUSH at 16. Yeah I didn't lose my virginity until I was 18 but hey, I have always loved RUSH during puberty and after. Let's say you?

Now the years have passed like sands in the hour glass. Isn't that from a soap opera? Who knows I don't watch them. I am happily married to a beautiful blonde Finnish chick and we have two beautiful little girls, yet still I crank RUSH in the house. Natural101 thinks I'm a pole smoker because I listen to hair metal. That is hilarious. Am I a dork? Sure. Gay? No way. To each their own.

You of all people Sean to write such a prolific poll is a marvelous mind fokk indeed. I am shocked. Then again I like your reverse psychology.

I seriously have met more people on the earth who actually HATE RUSH. Overrated? I guess when it comes to the major populous on the polluted planet you are correct sir.

I actually know a few famous musicians who think that RUSH is overrated. Especially Neil Peart.

Should I tell you my sources? Nah. I'm not going to be a name dropper tonight.

On a personal level there is no way in HELL that RUSH is OVERRATED.

However in the Big Scheme Of Things and in the Professional Music Biz?

Yeah I can see why RUSH is overrated although they have sold millions of records. 1001001 SOS.

Maybe Geddy, Alex and Neil will actually grow some testicles on their Final Tour and cut out TOM FUKKKING SAWYER. Would that make things better?

Time will tell.

Good poll there King. It's about time that someone on here thought of something original to type about.

2.gif RULES!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:28 AM)

Sean, I love the way you fokk with everyone on here. Hey buddy, you love to dish out the pot shots like Toll House chocolate chip cookies to school kids on a playground. I am sure you can take them too. The thicker the skin the better I always say when you take risks and type tons of shit onto a Forum of any kind.

ew... get a room 062802puke_prv.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 10 2009, 02:31 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:28 AM)

Sean, I love the way you fokk with everyone on here.  Hey buddy, you love to dish out the pot shots like Toll House chocolate chip cookies to school kids on a playground.  I am sure you can take them too. The thicker the skin the better I always say when you take risks and type tons of shit onto a Forum of any kind.

ew... get a room 062802puke_prv.gif

ph34r.gif

Stole my post.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 9 2009, 10:28 PM)

What do you guys think?

Well done. You totally stereotyped the common Rush fan from the Seventies and Eighties. Of course you are a product of the Nineties. No wonder you like VAPOR TRAILS the most. That is just a plain shame Mr. Peter Frampton. Does not compute Mrs. Nine Inch Penis Nails.

Hey I admit growing up that I was thin, had zits and looked like a cross between Bobby, Peter and Greg Brady, but NEVER played D&D. That game is for total losers. Not intellectual Rush fans. Are Rush fans truly intellectual or are they just wearing masks of deception? You tell me partner before the "Masked Rider" takes off his purple helmet and rides into the sunset of lost dreams.

I was a nerd back then but thankfully my parents let me out of the house in 1984 to see RUSH at 16. Yeah I didn't lose my virginity until I was 18 but hey, I have always loved RUSH during puberty and after. Let's say you?

Now the years have passed like sands in the hour glass. Isn't that from a soap opera? Who knows I don't watch them. I am happily married to a beautiful blonde Finnish chick and we have two beautiful little girls, yet still I crank RUSH in the house. Natural101 thinks I'm a pole smoker because I listen to hair metal. That is hilarious. Am I a dork? Sure. Gay? No way. To each their own.

You of all people Sean to write such a prolific poll is a marvelous mind fokk indeed. I am shocked. Then again I like your reverse psychology.

I seriously have met more people on the earth who actually HATE RUSH. Overrated? I guess when it comes to the major populous on the polluted planet you are correct sir.

I actually know a few famous musicians who think that RUSH is overrated. Especially Neil Peart.

Yeah I can see why RUSH is overrated although they have sold millions of records. 1001001 SOS.

Maybe Geddy, Alex and Neil will actually grow some testicles on their Final Tour and cut out TOM FUKKKING SAWYER. Would that make things better?

Time will tell.

Good poll there King. It's about time that someone on here thought of something original to type about.

2.gif RULES!

Earl

Forgive me because I'm a little bit stunned by this post.

TRFers do not let the achievement of this post go undocumented. Rushhead has managed to continue his ridiculous/troubling lovefest towards me, make the most rational post in the entire thread (with regards to the second half of the post), and yet completely miss the point of the thread at the same time.

That deserves an award of some kind.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 9 2009, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 9 2009, 10:28 PM)

What do you guys think?

Time will tell.

2.gif RULES!

Earl

Forgive me because I'm a little bit stunned by this post.

TRFers do not let the achievement of this post go undocumented. Rushhead has managed to continue his ridiculous/troubling lovefest towards me, make the most rational post in the entire thread (with regards to the second half of the post), and yet completely miss the point of the thread at the same time.

That deserves an award of some kind.

Tough crowd! Wow!

Lovefest? Troubling? Room?

Sorry but those three words don't belong together on the same thread.

That's crazy. I was just trying to be "original" and stir the pot of emotion detectors.

I'm not a bad guy. Just trying have a little fun.

f**k it.

RUSH DOES SUCK. Especially every song after MOVING PICTURES.

Now back to f***ing with moving minds.

Goodnight.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 10 2009, 08:05 AM)
Great. This is a bad night. My wife just told me that I look like a grown up Barry Williams.

Shoot me now.

I would Barry, but the bullets won't fit down the ol' phone line.

Family huh, first the prodigal son turns on ya, then the wife!