Girl Stuff

GhostGirl

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jul 21 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 21 2005, 06:24 PM)
yes.gif

Possible wedding guest attire?  biggrin.gif

http://www.allstoreusa.com/X7406604.JPG

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mp/NMX6414_mp.jpg

I'm not comin' if I gotta wear that!! ohmy.gif

Hardy FRIGGIN har...

nasty.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 21 2005, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Jul 21 2005, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 21 2005, 10:38 PM)
FuckinA!!

My "family" wacko.gif is definitely not invited, so my internet family damn well better show up ..... I hope.

I'll be there if you'll have me.

smile.gif

yes.gif

Everyone here is welcome to come 1022.gif 1022.gif

It's probably going to very a small and low key ceremony, but one fuckofa huge party after icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Hot damn girl!!! I am soooo thrilled!!! heart.gif I really really hope I can come!! smile.gif If not I will send tons of booze anyway laugh.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Jul 23 2005, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 23 2005, 10:37 PM)
drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

OMG!! I want these boots so badly!! heart.gif

http://www.infectiousthreads.com/Images/big_shoes_d_gravel_105.jpg

You want them for the wedding I hope wink.gif They'd suit the occasions perfectly!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Hell yes!! Those are fuckoff awesome boots!

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 25 2005, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 25 2005, 02:53 PM)
It's been WEEKS since I bought shoes...definite withdrawals here...

http://www.shoes.com/productimages/shoes_ib46593.jpghttp://www.shoes.com/productimages/shoes_ih46593.jpg

drool1.gif wub.gif b_sigh.gif

High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.

- Christopher Morley

wink.gif

Nah, they look a bit cheap 'n' nasty those tongue.gif

Now these:

http://www.garageland.fi/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/1315-300x300.jpg

...are much more practical

laugh.gif

DOOD! Those are my boots! thanx for the pic. Can you get Docs at a better price over there? The pic youve got will set me back about 175 bones.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 23 2005, 09:37 PM)
drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

OMG!! I want these boots so badly!! heart.gif

http://www.infectiousthreads.com/Images/big_shoes_d_gravel_105.jpg

AWE-FREAKIN'-SOME!!!!

So yeah, I'm not a girl (at least not the last time I checked), but can I weigh in on the shoe thing?

No? Okay, here I go :-)

Who thought that this whole flip-flop thing was a good idea? Not just the cheap-ass flip-flops both sexes wear in the summer, but these "dress flip-flops" too, shoes that are basically a sole with some stringy bits that go over the foot?

Like, I was in a mall a few weeks back (maybe that's my problem right there) and there was like like 70yo woman wearing these dress flip-flops, and it was so gross, because you could see every vericose vein and her toes pointed in all different directions... and it didn't even look comfortable, and it certainly wasn't comfortable for me!

Which begs the question... if this is about vanity, or about looking good, when did people's opinion change on feet? I could've sworn the general concensus on feet were that they were gross.

NB: I'm not a foot fetishist... in fact a quick scan of foot-fetish sites on the Internet shows me that I couldn't even try to be one... because there are cute feet (just like there are cute anything) but they're few and far between... most of the chicks on foot-fetish sites have feet more like that 70yo woman I saw at the mall. That being said, there's something ultra-sexy about the right shoe on the right foot on the right leg attached to the right woman :-). But anyway...

Maybe I'm just getting old, but... I mean... some of these shoes these days can't possibly be comfortable... with all the straps and strings and all that... it seems to me like it would be like Japanese foot binding. What happened to a nice classic, comfortable, good looking shoe that covered the bottom of the foot (and thus if you're looking for people to notice you, actually leaves something to the imagination for the moment)? I don't know, most of this stuff these days is gross... and I only notice it for the same reason you wouldn't want a greasy plumber lounging around your living room with no socks or shoes... a lot of what I see out there is just absolutely gross.

And just while I'm on the subject, if it's hard to walk in normal heels (a shoe that actually contains and supports the wearer's foot), how can these things I'm seeing, that are basically a sandal with a freakin' HEEL, be a good idea? What is going on?

I hope nobody drags me out back and puts a stake in my heart for being old-fashioned, but that's how I feel... now somebody tell me, who decided that this stuff was cool?

I'm concerned that shoes and feet have bothered you to the point that you feel you have to write a dissertation on the subject.

The rule of thumb would be; you don't have to look. However, I deduce from your post that you have trouble with this simple truth of common sense. It has consumed you to the point of looking up foot fetish websites as well. Does thou protest too much I wonder? Hmmm.

I see the subject intrigues you very much and I strongly urge you to seek help so you may better understand your foot/shoe obsession. Do not be ashamed. We all have our little secrets and desires. Loving feet is not shameful. Embrace it my brother.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 24 2005, 08:24 AM)
I'm concerned that shoes and feet have bothered you to the point that you feel you have to write a dissertation on the subject.

I'm concerned that people with strong opinions and their tongue planted at least halfway into their cheek have bothered you to the point where you feel you need to criticize me in public for writing more than "OMG RUSH RULEZ!!!11!1" Jeez!

Edited by FuzzplugJones

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones @ Jul 24 2005, 07:32 AM)

I'm concerned that people with strong opinions and their tongue planted at least halfway into their cheek have bothered you to the point where you feel you need to criticize me in public for writing more than "OMG RUSH RULEZ!!!11!1" Jeez!

I'm concerned that you see the humor only in your own post and no one elses?

Pity.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 24 2005, 08:40 AM)

Pity.

Fair enough. I apologize. You have to admit, there are a lot of people on a lot of forums who would've written exactly what you wrote and have been serious.

Now, let's let some New World Women address the points I raised, eh?

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones @ Jul 24 2005, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 24 2005, 08:40 AM)

Pity.

Fair enough. I apologize. You have to admit, there are a lot of people on a lot of forums who would've written exactly what you wrote and have been serious.

Now, let's let some New World Women address the points I raised, eh?

I concur.

And I am a New World Woman wink.gif

i agree with dude, but just because not many people have perfect feet shouldn't mean they have to lock their feet in a closet forever! i for one have okay feet, but fat toes, which looks really funny on me. tongue.gif i have found, however, that if i paint my toenails, no one notices. biggrin.gif

and yes, 70 year old women in flip flops is disgusting, but..let them eat cake! wink.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jul 24 2005, 09:04 AM)
i agree with dude, but just because not many people have perfect feet shouldn't mean they have to lock their feet in a closet forever! i for one have okay feet, but fat toes, which looks really funny on me. tongue.gif i have found, however, that if i paint my toenails, no one notices. biggrin.gif

and yes, 70 year old women in flip flops is disgusting, but..let them eat cake! wink.gif

Oh, I'm not saying there should be some advisory committee that has to grant you a license to show a certain body part in public... just, when I was growing up, the most breathtaking beautiful women - head to toe - would lock themselves in a closet sobbing because they were 2oz. "overweight" or something. That's where I come from. Definitely progress these days, but it seems like an entire gender's self-confidence issues went out the window one weekend a few years ago.

I'm not trying to minimalize anybody, I hope you understand, but I guess I wasn't paying attention when it all changed.

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones @ Jul 24 2005, 03:06 PM)
I concur.

And I am a New World Woman wink.gif

I apologize again!

I'm just going to stop talking to you, okay? ;-)

confused13.gif