Top 50 reasons to love Toronto..

Phantom

Did anyone else catch this?

The current issue of Toronto Life magazine lists the top 50 things to love about Toronto. Some pretty interesting content in their, not the least of which was the mention of Toronto's own Rush upstaging Stephen Colbert!

Certainly a pleasant surprise to see anything Rush make it into a top 50 article from such a mainstream magazine.

QUOTE (Phantom @ May 7 2009, 07:00 PM)

The current issue of Toronto Life magazine lists the top 50 things to love about Toronto. Some pretty interesting content in their, not the least of which was the mention of Toronto's own Rush upstaging Stephen Colbert!

Certainly a pleasant surprise to see anything Rush make it into a top 50 article from such a mainstream magazine.

In Philadelphia we'd like to recognize our favorite reason to love Toronto, Matt Stairs. You traded him to us last August and he was instrumental in us beating the LA Dodgers for the NL Pennant, and going on to win the World Series.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (djb @ May 7 2009, 06:36 PM)
I was happy to hear TSOR played at the Canucks Blackhawks game the other night!

They play Rush at a lot of Blackhawk games. I think they do Tom Sawyer and Limelight too.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 8 2009, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (djb @ May 7 2009, 06:36 PM)
I was happy to hear TSOR played at the Canucks Blackhawks game the other night!

They play Rush at a lot of Blackhawk games. I think they do Tom Sawyer and Limelight too.

At last nights Hawks game, we got TSOR during the timeout and the end of the 3rd (meaning it lasted for awhile as opposed to a few seconds during a faceoff stopage).

Reason #51:

It's just like Chicago (That's my neck of the woods), "It's My Kind Of Town"! Hey! Neil will like the Sinatra reference!

Reason #52

I have cousins living there & close by (Guelph & Hamilton).

Another reason to love Toronto:

It is perfectly legal for women to go around topless in Ontario.

( . )( . ) = drool1.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 8 2009, 02:45 PM)

( . )( . ) = drool1.gif

653.gif me like

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 8 2009, 03:45 PM)

( . )( . ) = drool1.gif

http://deansguide.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/quagmire.jpg

( . )( . ) = drool1.gif

Don't get too excited... it only happens on gay pride day and trust me... they are tiddies you DON'T want to see. bolt.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ May 7 2009, 06:00 PM)

Here is the magazine cover for Toronto Life - Fifty Reasons to Love Toronto

sad.gif I wish I could have spent more than 2 days in Toronto when I was there last year in July but I hope to go back there one day. 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Atomic @ May 8 2009, 08:37 PM)

( . )( . ) =  drool1.gif

Don't get too excited... it only happens on gay pride day and trust me... they are tiddies you DON'T want to see. bolt.gif

No it happens more often than that. You must be thinking about the clothing optional beach over on the island. That's full of things you're better off not seeing... trust me.

Actually my friend and a fellow TRFer was mentioning that the last time she was here she noticed there was a whole lotta cleavage goin' on. She asked me what's up with Toronto women showing off their boobs? So I told her... well they're real and they're spectacular! Why cover them up? I honestly never noticed that we show a lot of cleavage over here... it's just something you get used to I suppose.

Took me ages to work out what TSOR was. I hope the time saved not typing it out in full was used wisely.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 9 2009, 06:21 PM)
I went to TO back around New Year's. No insult to anyone, but it had a depressing feel to it. Not much to do or see there. Perhaps its better in the warmer months!

You dissin' my hometown dude? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 9 2009, 07:18 AM)

( . )( . ) =  drool1.gif

No it happens more often than that. You must be thinking about the clothing optional beach over on the island. That's full of things you're better off not seeing... trust me.

Actually my friend and a fellow TRFer was mentioning that the last time she was here she noticed there was a whole lotta cleavage goin' on. She asked me what's up with Toronto women showing off their boobs? So I told her... well they're real and they're spectacular! Why cover them up? I honestly never noticed that we show a lot of cleavage over here... it's just something you get used to I suppose.

You're talking cleavage.. fine and dandy... I'm talking women going topless, as per the poster I was referring to (with the law where it's legal for women to go topless in public).

Toronto's my home town and I lived there for 35 years. NO QUESTION the women in Toronto are pretty damned hot and exotic looking (great mix of peeps in TO)... but to see a woman topless? As I said, only on pride day or at the island beach.... and not a pretty site.

QUOTE (Atomic @ May 9 2009, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 9 2009, 07:18 AM)

( . )( . ) =  drool1.gif

You're talking cleavage.. fine and dandy... I'm talking women going topless, as per the poster I was referring to (with the law where it's legal for women to go topless in public).

Toronto's my home town and I lived there for 35 years. NO QUESTION the women in Toronto are pretty damned hot and exotic looking (great mix of peeps in TO)... but to see a woman topless? As I said, only on pride day or at the island beach.... and not a pretty site.

You should go to more outdoor concerts here then dude cause especially in the summer I see the ladies taking the titties out for a walk. I also have worked at a few beaches and they are out there and lookin at the sun too. But I will agree with you that the majority of the people who take advantage of that law... ya... they should prolly keep covered up.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 9 2009, 07:13 PM)
I went to TO back around New Year's. No insult to anyone, but it had a depressing feel to it. Not much to do or see there. Perhaps its better in the warmer months!

Sorry.

This is getting pretty ineteresting............... rofl3.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 9 2009, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 9 2009, 07:13 PM)

Sorry.

Apology accepted. Now go back to being a good boy. smile.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 9 2009, 08:18 AM)

( . )( . ) =  drool1.gif

Does this mean we'll be getting a show this July? wink.gif

Archived