The Yankees Thread

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ May 5 2009, 06:23 AM)
Ach, I stayed up late last night, watching that rather painful game, and now I'm paying dearly for it...it SO wasn't worth it. sad.gif

Yes, it was worth staying up late. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 5 2009, 03:20 PM)
Good job, Joba! 062802puke_prv.gif

The guy cannot work the count. He falls behind on every freaking batter!

He's gotten better as the game's gone on. Struck out three in the 4th.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 5 2009, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 5 2009, 03:20 PM)
Good job, Joba!  062802puke_prv.gif

The guy cannot work the count.  He falls behind on every freaking batter!

He's gotten better as the game's gone on. Struck out three in the 4th.

Yes. If he holds them at 4 runs it'll be a good start. I hope he can make it through 6 innings, or better yet, 7 innings.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 5 2009, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 5 2009, 10:09 PM)
This is the part where I really hate having a since-2004 bandwagon Sox fan for a brother.

Oh man, I feel for you.

See, my dad grew up in New Haven, so he's been a Boston fan his entire life. This is the entire reason I'm a Yankee fan. But he and I have fun with it. He's allowed to give me all the shit he wants. But my brother switched in '04, and still tries to give me crap. That isn't okay.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ May 5 2009, 09:37 PM)
This is the part where I really hate having a since-2004 bandwagon Sox fan for a brother.

90% of the boston fans i know wink.gif

Yeah, we know the Yankees don't have any bandwagon fans. tongue.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ May 5 2009, 11:43 PM)

That's the best part of being an Indians fan, you know there aren't too many people looking to jump on the Cleveland bandwagon.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ May 5 2009, 07:43 PM)

There isn't much of a bandwagon to be on lately, is there?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 5 2009, 10:53 PM)

Oh man, I feel for you.

See, my dad grew up in New Haven, so he's been a Boston fan his entire life. This is the entire reason I'm a Yankee fan. But he and I have fun with it. He's allowed to give me all the shit he wants. But my brother switched in '04, and still tries to give me crap. That isn't okay.

Wait a minute! I'm I getting this right? Your brother was a Yankees fan and switched to a Red Sox fan in 2004? If that's correct, your brother has no legitimacy as a baseball fan, none, zippo. It's not right, it's just not right!

At this point in time, the Red Sox are a better organization and a better baseball team than the Yankees. rage.gif

The good thing is the season is a marathon. I'm concerned, but not panicked. The Yankees just need a nice winning streak.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 5 2009, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 5 2009, 10:53 PM)

Oh man, I feel for you.

Wait a minute! I'm I getting this right? Your brother was a Yankees fan and switched to a Red Sox fan in 2004? If that's correct, your brother has no legitimacy as a baseball fan, none, zippo. It's not right, it's just not right!

That's basically what it comes down to, yes.

ok--I've got issues

SO I read in the paper, Paul O'Neill is watching batting practice before a game last week

PAUL

O

NEILL

former Yankee, fan favorite, team 'warrior'

got it?

HE.. WAS... ASKED... TO... LEAVE

security, tells PAUL O'NEILL...world champion, club legacy...got it?...security tells him to leave, he cant loiter around watching batting practice before he goes up to call the game.

Paul O'Neill...really? nice

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 6 2009, 09:49 AM)
ok--I've got issues

SO I read in the paper, Paul O'Neill is watching batting practice before a game last week

PAUL
O
NEILL

got it?

security, tells PAUL O'NEILL...world champion, club legacy...got it?...security tells him to leave, he cant loiter around watching batting practice before he goes up to call the game.

Yes, there are some real issues with the new stadium. Apparently, it's run like an exclusive country club. The Yankees over-estimated the "high class" demand. It's just another embarrassing situation.

Paul O'Neill should have lifetime full access to anything associated with the Yankees.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 6 2009, 08:49 AM)
ok--I've got issues

PAUL
O
NEILL

got it?

c'mon, you're kidding? laugh.gif unsure.gif

if anything they should get security to kick david cone and michael kay out of the booth. kay makes a routine catch sound like the guy did flips and flew through the air to grab the ball. david cone.............he's just horrible.