Opening Song - Next Tour

Score Out

QUOTE (tel @ Apr 28 2009, 02:08 AM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Apr 27 2009, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 27 2009, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Apr 27 2009, 03:14 PM)
smile.gif best opener i ever saw was anthem ,dont remember which tour but it was early 80s.
those bonecrushing opening chords nearly punched a hole in my chest

Rush didn't play "Anthem" at all in the '80s, asides from 1980. Even then, it was at the end of the show. They opened with it on the Hemispheres tour.

punched a hole through your memory too it seems lol

angry.gif i think not ! you see i was there front row centre its not something you would forget,trust me .

so mr mxc whatever your name is please keep your sarcasm canned!

kidding dude, relax! cool10.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 27 2009, 07:08 AM)
I could maybe see One Little Victory, but I could also see that one given a break.
I'd love to see YYZ as an opener. Just for something completely different. My all-time favorite opener was Force Ten.

Force Ten is a perfect opener.

It'll probably be Far Cry or something from the next album I'd guess. Maybe that new epic they'll undoubtably write wink.gif

QUOTE (2112th Man @ Apr 28 2009, 03:51 PM)
Maybe Circumstances? I LOVED that version on this past tour....

Sadly, I think that's the last time they'll play Circumstances live. Just a guess but to me it was one of those rare great songs that'll be replaced with another rare great song.

Of course, you could've said the same thing about Between the Wheels and that one's made the rounds a lot these last few tours. Who knows?

I remember when they opened with LimeLight in Detroit and Alex came oue with the great opening lick but Neil and Geddy didn't come out. THey were peeking around the stacks and pointing at Alex!! Too funny!! Then they started the show and it was incredible!!

If they were going to do an R35 Tour (which they're obviously not), you would have to think about an R35 Overture. How 'bout this...

In The Mood

Fly By Night

Lakeside Park

Something For Nothing

Cinderella Man

Circumstances

Then they could blend that into a full rendition of Freewill.

As for when they tour to support a new album, the possibilities are endless. However, I'll go with...Oh, Hell! I just can't decide!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 27 2009, 06:31 AM)
Probably something original, like The Spirit Of Radio. wink.gif

Far Cry would be a nice choice.

Far Cry would be a very strong possibility.

For several recent tours, they played the opening song off of the previous album to start off. (Big Money on HYF, Force Ten on Presto, Dreamline on Counterparts )

First and foremost, this being my first post on the board let me introduce myself: As my user name indicates, I'm Greg. I reside in the DC and have been a die-hard Rush fan for 28 years running, my very first show being the New World Tour, MSG 1982, 5th row in front of Alex. Still the greatest show I've ever seen by any band. Good to be amongst fellow Rush fanatics!

Now, on to to the question: I agree with those who want to see them open with 2112, however, I'd like to see a little more than what they played during the MP tour. What they did during the PW tour would be perfect. And might I say it would be great from them to bring back the By-Tor/full Xanadu twofer as well, its been too long!

ANIMATE!!!

I've already said this long ago...the best would be....

Lakeside Park...

"Fla bump bump bump bump budda-dum bump ba dump"... sarcasm.gif

Madrigal

follow by the upbeat.... tongue.gif

Tai Shan

NOW that would get the crowd worked up, but probably not in the right way.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 14 2009, 06:27 PM)
Red Sector A
...wishful thinking, I know

trink39.gif

Thanks, mate - finally a second voice on the board hoping they bring that one back.

But as an opener, they should choose their seminal opening track - which is, and will be to eternity - Distant Early Warning.

... followed by the rest of GUP ...

QUOTE (druid13 @ May 14 2009, 11:36 AM)
I've already said this long ago...the best would be....

Lakeside Park...

"Fla bump bump bump bump budda-dum bump ba dump"... sarcasm.gif

I'd prefer deeeer de-deer deer deeeeeeeeer deeere....

any guesses? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Working man22 @ May 15 2009, 09:32 PM)
I dont think there will be an opening song in the next tour. The guys will go on stage and make a theater play instead

Something from 'Othello' maybe?

Archived