Most Disturbing Songs

ALifeson85

QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Sep 9 2009, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 9 2009, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Sep 9 2009, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Sep 8 2009, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Sep 7 2009, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Sep 7 2009, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Sep 6 2009, 07:53 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0 - Prison Sex

What the bloody crap was that?!?!?!

I love that song:) and Video:)

Victoria Approves rofl3.gif

That was the win of the thread biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4

Another Toolio, people seem to find tool videos disturbing. Prison Sex yeah but this one is awesomeness...

Tool fan since I was 13. 23 now. cool.gif

Certainly the most disturbing/creepiest video they have made was for Prison Sex. Perfect visuals for the sentiment. Great.

Yes it is creepy But I love it.

Forty Six and Two is my fave Tool song. It's inspired quite a few interesting dreams of me in my shadow, picking and pulling apart scabs all over my body. Crawling around in a metamorphosis circle. Ya.. good shit! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Apr 13 2009, 10:52 AM)
Even though i love his music....with the smiths or solo i have to say anything by morissey

Girlfriend in a coma- The Smiths
Now My Heart is Full- Morissey

Girlfriend in a coma was my favourite song when I was getting into the Smiths via a friend, although now I'm not entirely sure why.

Frank Zappa wrote some pretty f***ed-up stuff.

YES he sure did 0_O

When I first heard "Kill Again" by Slayer I was horrified by the lyrics- I couldn't help but put myself in the woman's shoes in the first verse, and it was terrifying =/

Not to say I don't like the song, I love it. I grew up obsessed with all things serial killer history lol the lyrics are fantastic, written very well and give a good glimpse into the mind of a killer who does it because he "needs" to.

YES he sure did 0_O

When I first heard "Kill Again" by Slayer I was horrified by the lyrics- I couldn't help but put myself in the woman's shoes in the first verse, and it was terrifying =/

Not to say I don't like the song, I love it. I grew up obsessed with all things serial killer history lol the lyrics are fantastic, written very well and give a good glimpse into the mind of a killer who does it because he "needs" to.

Have you heard the Tomb of the Mutilated album by Cannibal Corpse yet? Take your pick. Genuinely disturbing.

Edited by Steevo
  • Like 1

I know mentioned before but for subtle disturbance would have to say some Joy Division, early Cure and Holy Bible period for Manic St Preachers...Atrocity Exhibition from JD and Mausoleum from The Manics comes to mind for starters. There must be loads from the post-punk genre, heard quite a bit of disturbing Goth over the years. Edited by Steevo

YES he sure did 0_O

Have you heard the Tomb of the Mutilated album by Cannibal Corpse yet? Take your pick. Genuinely disturbing.

I find Cannibal Corpse much more funny than disturbing.

Edited by Enemy Within 77

YES he sure did 0_O

I'm proud to say Addicted To Vaginal Skin has an audio snippet from my city's very own serial killer. Back on topic, CC I find much more funny than disturbing.

That's disturbing in itself. Seek help fast.

YES he sure did 0_O

haha, yea I might need some therapy! Edited by Enemy Within 77
  • Like 1

Country Death Song by the Violent Femmes

Its a song about a guy who decides to kill his daughter while hiking and throws here down a well

Also Rake Song by The Decemberists

Also a song about a guy who kills his children. 4 of them in this one I belive.

YES he sure did 0_O

Ahhhh, CC definitely has messed up songs!! haha I heard them hanging out with certain people in high school lol.

I will have to read the lyrics as I go, but I will definitely check it out, thanks!!! :)

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Apr 13 2009, 08:02 PM) QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM) rap.........that is all

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

That's a pretty stupid and ignorant post. Just saying.

There are tons of rap songs with great lyrics.

So is your post. It's like me telling you that your post is stupid because you don't like the color red. Red has so many good shades... :bitchslap:

One of the most disturbing songs to me is Leaving Hope by NIN. Talk about a downward spiral, no pun intended... That song takes me down into a deep depression I struggled to get out of, and almost gave up trying to claw my way out of the despair.

It's beautiful, but takes me on a trip I disembarked on...

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Apr 13 2009, 08:02 PM) QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 13 2009, 12:26 PM) rap.........that is all

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

That's a pretty stupid and ignorant post. Just saying.

There are tons of rap songs with great lyrics.

So is your post. It's like me telling you that your post is stupid because you don't like the color red. Red has so many good shades... :bitchslap:

One of the most disturbing songs to me is Leaving Hope by NIN. Talk about a downward spiral, no pun intended... That song takes me down into a deep depression I struggled to get out of, and almost gave up trying to claw my way out of the despair.

It's beautiful, but takes me on a trip I disembarked on...

songs like that, the ones that take me down disturbing memory lane, I tend to not listen to anymore lol.

YES he sure did 0_O

haha, yea I might need some therapy!

lol, damn you didn't bite. Yeah I know there is OTT humour in there and in theory it does look silly stuff. I was surprised how effective some parts were though, especially the way Chris would suddenly do that sudden pitch transition thing, holy shit! When I *first* saw some of their artwork in the early 90s I don't think I could look at it for too long, lol. The subtle stuff works better for me really though to be honest.

YES he sure did 0_O

haha, yea I might need some therapy!

lol, damn you didn't bite. Yeah I know there is OTT humour in there and in theory it does look silly stuff. I was surprised how effective some parts were though, especially the way Chris would suddenly do that sudden pitch transition thing, holy shit! When I *first* saw some of their artwork in the early 90s I don't think I could look at it for too long, lol. The subtle stuff works better for me really though to be honest.

Haha, sorry! I look back now and think how the hell did I like this stuff? I know what you mean, that fukkin high pitched "scream"- he perfected it on the next album "The Bleeding." After Chris left I lost interest.The well has run dry for them- it's pretty much self parody at this point.

• Like 1

Disturbing, indeed. Having looked up random lyrics of songs cited in this thread...it's disturbing the sheer number of those with a severe lack of songwriting talent can sell records.

"Cousin Dupree" by Steely Dan. It was the first Steely Dan song I had ever heard and is about a male cousin that has the hots for his younger female cousin. They are permanently on my "no listen" list. God this song creeps me out so much. *shudder*

Well I've kicked around a lot since high school

I've worked a lot of nowhere gigs

From keyboard man in a rock'n ska band

To haulin' boss crude in the big rigs

Now I've come back home to plan my next move

From the comfort of my Aunt Faye's couch

When I see my little cousin Janine walk in

All I could say was ow-ow-ouch

CHORUS:

Honey how you've grown

Like a rose

Well we used to play

When we were three

How about a kiss for your cousin Dupree

She turned my life into a living hell

In those little tops and tight capris

I pretended to be readin' the National Probe

As I was watchin' her wax her skis

On Saturday night she walked in with her date

And backs him up against the wall

I tumbled off the couch and heard myself sing

In a voice I never knew I had before

CHORUS

I'll teach you everything I know

If you teach me how to do that dance

Life is short and quid pro quo

And what's so strange about a down-home family romance?

One night we're playin' gin by a cracklin' fire

And I decided to make my play

I said babe with my boyish charm and good looks

How can you stand it for one more day

She said maybe its the skeevy look in your eyes

Or that your mind has turned to applesauce

The dreary architecture of your soul

I said - but what is it exactly turns you off?

CHORUS

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/2281873/stewie-throwing-up-o.gif