Any movie you couldn't finish...

Janie

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 26 2009, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Dec 26 2009, 10:07 PM)
Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 : Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure

I LOVE the first Christmas Vacation, and I knew that CV2 wouldn't be quite as good as the first, but I figured I'd pick it up and watch it...seeing it was the Holidays and all...figured it would be at least PARTIALLY as funny as the original...

TERRIBLE. I honestly turned it off, and starting watching another movie, about 30 minutes into it - which is RARE for me. Not even Cousin Eddie could save it  sad.gif

didnt't even know there was a part 2.....

Yeah - it came out in 2003, originally just for television (I think it aired on ABC), then later it was released on DVD. It was in the $5 bin at Walmart, so I figured "Eh, why not?"...now I KNOW why.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 27 2009, 08:28 AM)
My wife was having contractions with our second child, and we decided to kill some time at home by watching a movie she borrowed from the library - Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton Kutcher.

About twenty minutes later, we both agreed "Uhh... let's not watch this!" I can't quite remember why it was disturbing, and the fact is we probably could've watched it some other time, but we wanted something a little less disturbing while awaiting the imminent arrival of our baby.

I'm disturbed by the fact that you chose to watch an Ashton Kutcher movie

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 26 2009, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 26 2009, 07:28 PM)
My wife was having contractions with our second child, and we decided to kill some time at home by watching a movie she borrowed from the library - Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton Kutcher.

About twenty minutes later, we both agreed "Uhh... let's not watch this!"  I can't quite remember why it was disturbing, and the fact is we probably could've watched it some other time, but we wanted something a little less disturbing while awaiting the imminent arrival of our baby.

You do realize you made this exact post already in this thread ?

doh.gif That's what happens when somebody bumps an old thread!

I'm disturbed by the fact that you chose to watch an Ashton Kutcher movie

Me too! Definitely wouldn't have been MY choice when picking one from the library. (It was the Mrs. who done it.)

Since many have posted about disturbing "gross-out" moments in movies they've seen...

From Wikipedia:

Andy Warhol's Bad is a 1977 film directed by Jed Johnson (who died on TWA Flight 800), starring Susan Tyrrell and produced by Andy Warhol. It is infamous for a scene where a baby is thrown out a window of a skyscraper by Susan Blond and dies on the pavement.

Particularly disturbing if you're not expecting the baby-tossed-from-a-high-window, and even more so for me because I had fallen asleep watching the movie and woke up to this very scene.

HMmm I made it through Gummo, interesting movie. Made it through Eraserhead, again I thought it was interesting.

Me and my oldest daughter watched Ju-On(the Asian version of the Grudge) one night around 2 am. A minute after the woman started creeping down the stairs, our lights went out! Scared the crap out of us. It wasn't raining or anything. It was so freaky. Luckily they came back on a few minutes later.

I saw Tideland one night while flipping through the channels. Amazing performance by the little girl in the movie. It was kind of hard to sit through some of the scenes.

I like Trainspotting. The baby scene was a hard one.

The only movie I turned off was Visitor Q. Made it through maybe the first 5-10 minutes, couldn't wrap my mind around it.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Dec 28 2009, 12:52 AM)
Enchanted

That was on as background noise just the other night. I had to change channels. I think I would have slapped the princess silly after about 10 minutes of her crap.

About 17-18 years ago there was a movie called "The Sheltering Sky" with John Malkovich and Debra Winger. My then-BF and I rented it, and thank god we did (as opposed to seeing it in the theater), because it was AWFUL! I took a nap about halfway through. Both characters were assholes, so you couldn't even find a reason why you wanted them to. . .wait, I never did discern a point to this film. Long movie, too. Or maybe it just seemed long because it was so f*cking boring.

For many years "The Sheltering Sky" was my personal benchmark for Really Boring Movies. Then I went to see "Summer of Sam." Walked out less than halfway through and got our money back.

I had to quit on "The Fountain" with Hugh Jackman. I just didn't get this snoozefest. I watched about 40 minutes, but it was to painful to continue.

If someone liked this movie, please tell me why ?

Straw Dogs - an old movie, but the rape scene of Susan George, was just too much for me. The ironic thing is that I have seen other rape scenes in movies such as I Spit on Your Grave and Irreversible, and found them to be unsettling & intense but not enough for me to stop watching the rest of the film.

Other films I have yet to complete would be the Japanese underground Guinea Pig movies wacko.gif