U2 - NO LINE ON THE HORIZON

theworkingman

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that streamed concert kicked ass. For those interested, the entire show is staill available to watch (2 hours 21 min) on www.youtube.com/u2

They will be coming back around again to the US, and it sounds like they will end that leg at the new Giants Stadium!

I'm kind of glad they didn't come near me in 2009, actually, because the last four shows' setlists have been pretty static. The Seattle show in 2010 is early in that leg so they'll probably still be changing it up before they settle into their pattern.

If I am going to pay a testicle to see U2 then I want a good chunk of their older stuff. I know a buddy that has seen them twice and basically other then one song here or there it is abandon ship of their early work. Piss on that. 55.00 bones with ass scratch fees 67.50 to sit in the stratosphere to see them. Get bent man. Not happening. 360 degrees tour was supposed to give the fans that angle at the live show. Well it seems they have tossed that idea here as the stage is at the one end of the stadium. Grab the cash and run you commies. bolt.gif

QUOTE (silver @ Oct 29 2009, 10:40 PM)
If I am going to pay a testicle to see U2 then I want a good chunk of their older stuff. I know a buddy that has seen them twice and basically other then one song here or there it is abandon ship of their early work. Piss on that. 55.00 bones with ass scratch fees 67.50 to sit in the stratosphere to see them. Get bent man. Not happening. 360 degrees tour was supposed to give the fans that angle at the live show. Well it seems they have tossed that idea here as the stage is at the one end of the stadium. Grab the cash and run you commies. bolt.gif

I've come to learn that with set lists, I will enjoy the show no matter what they play. Sure, ocassionally there's a song I'll want dropped or added here and there and this set list was far from perfect but damn it was f***ing awesome. It's actually $55 to be on the floor and don't talk about the stage until you've seen it in person. Until then you don't know what you're dealing with because the thing is incredible and I definately didn't have the best seats.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Oct 30 2009, 05:50 PM)
If I am going to pay a testicle to see U2 then I want a good chunk of their older stuff.  I know a buddy that has seen them twice and basically other then one song here or there it is abandon ship of their early work.  Piss on that.  55.00 bones with ass scratch fees 67.50 to sit in the stratosphere to see them. Get bent man. Not happening.  360 degrees tour was supposed to give the fans that angle at the live show. Well it seems they have tossed that idea here as the stage is at the one end of the stadium.  Grab the cash and run you commies.  bolt.gif

I've come to learn that with set lists, I will enjoy the show no matter what they play. Sure, ocassionally there's a song I'll want dropped or added here and there and this set list was far from perfect but damn it was f***ing awesome. It's actually $55 to be on the floor and don't talk about the stage until you've seen it in person. Until then you don't know what you're dealing with because the thing is incredible and I definately didn't have the best seats.

At 115.00 a pop for the first deck around the stadium I think it better be a damn fine set list period. I am not throwing wooden nickels here. The tour was supposed to be set up a certain way in each city. This isn't happening in every city so the preverbial all seats are good seats concept is now out the door. Some bands do a little better job at catering to the fans wants and needs when it comes to the setlist not ramming down your throat you get what you get bullshit that seems to go on and on and on with the same bloody set list night in, and out with maybe one or two switches. I think at this point in their career they should be able to do a tad better then the this.

QUOTE (silver @ Oct 31 2009, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Oct 30 2009, 05:50 PM)
If I am going to pay a testicle to see U2 then I want a good chunk of their older stuff.  I know a buddy that has seen them twice and basically other then one song here or there it is abandon ship of their early work.  Piss on that.  55.00 bones with ass scratch fees 67.50 to sit in the stratosphere to see them. Get bent man. Not happening.  360 degrees tour was supposed to give the fans that angle at the live show. Well it seems they have tossed that idea here as the stage is at the one end of the stadium.  Grab the cash and run you commies.  bolt.gif

At 115.00 a pop for the first deck around the stadium I think it better be a damn fine set list period. I am not throwing wooden nickels here. The tour was supposed to be set up a certain way in each city. This isn't happening in every city so the preverbial all seats are good seats concept is now out the door. Some bands do a little better job at catering to the fans wants and needs when it comes to the setlist not ramming down your throat you get what you get bullshit that seems to go on and on and on with the same bloody set list night in, and out with maybe one or two switches. I think at this point in their career they should be able to do a tad better then the this.

When you're dealing with a production this massive, variety isn't always an option. $30 for nosebleed seats, there you go. Every good seat IS a good seat so like I said, don't talk about how the seating or set up sucks until you've seen this thing in person. It takes up half a f***ing football field. It's a good set list and I'm sure you can expect a mostly different set list when they return next summer. They may not have been changing it up the past few shows because they wanted to get it tight for the Rose Bowl show but you can sure as hell expect some new and fresh songs next year.

actually the 55.00 seats are the nosebleeds. You can't get on the first deck for 55.00 bones. Our stadium holds 60 grand so if that isn't a cash grab on their part I don't know what is. There are 250.00 a pop seats for this show. If I was paying 30 skins I wouldn't give a rats ass but 55.00 to skydive , forget it. JMO

Prices are $30 to $250.

$30 for nosebleeds

$55 for GA

$250 for first level up and around the stage

$90 for everything else.

You want to keep arguing about it,okay but I know that's what the pricing has been for every show so far and I doubt it's changing.

JFYI

I have Section S2 Row 77 and the stadium only goes to Row 81 at 55.00 . So, if those aren't nose bleeds what are they ? Are the 30.00 out in the parking lot across the street ? Again, I know the stadium just like you know the prices and where I come from 4 from the top are nose bleeds.

Hey, you can get "v.i.p" seats for the summer tour...........only $600 laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 2 2009, 09:04 PM)
Hey, you can get "v.i.p" seats for the summer tour...........only $600 laugh.gif

For that amount of money, I'd expect Bon(i)o and his chums to mow my lawn AND weed the garden. Then, I might listen to their aural muck.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 2 2009, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 2 2009, 09:04 PM)
Hey, you can get "v.i.p" seats for the summer tour...........only $600  laugh.gif

For that amount of money, I'd expect Bon(i)o and his chums to mow my lawn AND weed the garden. Then, I might listen to their aural muck.

and they better buy you a few trink38.gif also

Archived