The "Official" Genesis thread

SWEET PROG GREATNESS BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Check out this cool find

Nick D'Virgilio of Spock's Beard, and a guy named Mike Hornsby (producer/musician) have recorded a full cover of "The Lamb lies down on Broadway"

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/11/15/f_000Rewiringm_79a11bf.jpg

It's called "rewiring genesis"

here is a site with some samples...

http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=175

I MUST OWN THIS!!!!!!!

bumper.gif because I'm getting into Genesis. I've got Selling England By The Pound, A Trick Of The Tail, and Duke as well as a digital 45 of "In Too Deep". I feel like buying more Genesis as soon as I'm able to, and I think I'm going to go with Abacab next. Don't think I've really talked about Genesis that much here so I figured some Genesis fans wouldn't mind discussing which record I should buy next.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 24 2009, 02:50 PM)
bumper.gif because I'm getting into Genesis. I've got Selling England By The Pound, A Trick Of The Tail, and Duke as well as a digital 45 of "In Too Deep". I feel like buying more Genesis as soon as I'm able to, and I think I'm going to go with Abacab next. Don't think I've really talked about Genesis that much here so I figured some Genesis fans wouldn't mind discussing which record I should buy next.

You don't have Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, or Lamb Lies Down? ohmy.gif

I love Collins-era Genesis, but these Gabriel-era albums are must-haves.

(You could just spring for Box Set 3, though I don't have it yet and have heard mixed reviews of the remastering.)

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 24 2009, 03:08 PM)
Saw them live on VH1 Classic.  Phill Collins looked like he belonged in a retirement home.  The band sounded awful to me.

Was that the "Rock Honors" show? I agree, that wasn't their best. wink.gif

But I saw them live on Palladium HD and they looked/sounded amazing! They did a SWEET medley of In the Cage/Cinema Show/Dukes Travels/Afterglow. 653.gif

Xanadu,

, then tell me you don't want Nursery Cryme! biggrin.gif

And yeah, Abacab's a good one - I especially love Keep It Dark and No Reply At All. Oh, and Dodo/Lurker. smile.gif

I finally got around to listening to the debut album.......

hmmmmm. sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif ........

I really don't know what to think....it's so different... it kind of reminds me of Bowie's Debut... or at least I feel the same way about the Genesis debut the way I feel about the Bowie debut.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 17 2009, 06:17 PM)
I finally got around to listening to the debut album.......

hmmmmm. sarcasm.gif  sarcasm.gif ........

I really don't know what to think....it's so different... it kind of reminds me of Bowie's Debut... or at least I feel the same way about the Genesis debut the way I feel about the Bowie debut.

Assuming you mean "From Genesis to Revolution", yeah, it's not their best, but some of the songs are pretty good to me.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 18 2009, 07:27 PM)
One of my faves from "Trespass"

Dusk

Love that tune!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 2 2009, 09:43 PM)
Just picked this up and listened to .

user posted image

Incredible live album!

Cool smile.gif

I'm gonna see Steve in November!! bncegrn.gif Can't wait! bncegrn.gif

I broke down yesterday and got the first box set . They made these albums sound fantastic . The d.v.d extras are great, i should have gotten this a long time ago. Does anyone have the live box set ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 1 2009, 08:44 PM)
I broke down yesterday and got the first box set . They made these albums sound fantastic . The d.v.d extras are great, i should have gotten this a long time ago. Does anyone have the live box set ?

It'll be under the Christmas tree in a few days, actually, it may even be in the house at this stage!!

I got the Movie Box last week though, fantastic stuff, The Way We Walk and Wembley I had, but The Mama Tour & 3 Sides Live are excellent and there's a horseload of extras too.

The 5 boxsets are bloody expensive, but worth it.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 1 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 1 2009, 08:44 PM)

It'll be under the Christmas tree in a few days, actually, it may even be in the house at this stage!!

I got the Movie Box last week though, fantastic stuff, The Way We Walk and Wembley I had, but The Mama Tour & 3 Sides Live are excellent and there's a horseload of extras too.

The 5 boxsets are bloody expensive, but worth it.

Yeah, i paid $140 for mine but well worth it

I am really starting to love Trick of The Tail

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 01:53 PM)

I had to warm up to that one, but I do love it now. I think my fave song on that is "...ripples..."

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 01:53 PM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Trick is one of my 3 faves along with Wind & Wuthering and Selling England.

I love the title track on Trick, and Ripples has been growing on me recently. I love the piano break on that one - Tony has me looking like this emote wub.gif every time I hear that song tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 3 2009, 05:33 PM)
I love the title track on Trick, and Ripples has been growing on me recently. I love the piano break on that one - Tony has me looking like this emote wub.gif every time I hear that song tongue.gif

It's funny, i really did not dig Wind and Wuthering until about a year ago. I love that album now

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 11:53 PM)

It's funny, i really did not dig Wind and Wuthering until about a year ago. I love that album now

Not very metal for Metaldad tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 3 2009, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 11:53 PM)

Not very metal for Metaldad tongue.gif

It does not alway's have to be Metal........................ biggrin.gif You should here some of the stuff i crank in my house

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 02:53 PM)

ATotT and W&W are my favs. Even over the Gabriel era stuff.