Someone fill me in please..

RushRush10

QUOTE (RushRush10 @ Dec 5 2008, 08:31 PM)
I keep hearing people on here mentioning alex gettin into a trouble with cops a few years back and i have NO idea what happened.. Someone want to help me out please?  confused13.gif

He was trying to sneak some chocolate milk into Florida, which we all know is Orange Juice country. Well, the Orange Juice cops got a little miffed and roughed Alex up a bit. They even charged him with the crime of possession of illegal contraband. I am unsure how the legal battle ended up. I think they gave up on Alex when they heard Chad was hanging after an election back then....

z7shysterical.gif

Seriously, Alex had a run in with the police over a little bit of the dried green herb or some such thing...still don't know how it all came out, though it must not be too bad as Alex is out makin music and not in some Gulag or in Gitmo....

This is from wikipedia, so proceed with caution!

The Naples incident

On New Year's Eve 2003, Lifeson, and his son, were arrested at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Naples, Florida. Lifeson, after intervening in an altercation between his son and police, was accused of assaulting a sheriff's deputy in what was described as a drunken brawl. In addition to suffering a broken nose at the hands of the officers, Lifeson was tasered six times. His son Justin was also tasered repeatedly.

According to Justin's file in the Felony section of the Public Records database of Collier County, Florida,[10] the judge determined that, based on the testimony of the prosecution's witnesses, including one of the police officers involved in the incident, that while the potential for violence existed, none was offered by Justin. As part of the plea agreement Lifeson and his son were each sentenced to 12 months of probation with the adjudication of that probation suspended. Upon successful completion of the probation, the matter is to be expunged from their records. In addition, they had to pay all court costs. In the fall of 2005, the court granted early dismissal from probation to both Lifeson and his son.

In his journal-based book Roadshow, Peart relates the band's perspective on the events of that New Years Eve. He also says the incident was and still is a traumatic event for Lifeson and his family.

wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Lifeson#cite_note-9

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 5 2008, 08:42 PM)
This is from wikipedia, so proceed with caution!

The Naples incident
On New Year's Eve 2003, Lifeson, and his son, were arrested at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Naples, Florida. Lifeson, after intervening in an altercation between his son and police, was accused of assaulting a sheriff's deputy in what was described as a drunken brawl. In addition to suffering a broken nose at the hands of the officers, Lifeson was tasered six times. His son Justin was also tasered repeatedly.

According to Justin's file in the Felony section of the Public Records database of Collier County, Florida,[10] the judge determined that, based on the testimony of the prosecution's witnesses, including one of the police officers involved in the incident, that while the potential for violence existed, none was offered by Justin. As part of the plea agreement Lifeson and his son were each sentenced to 12 months of probation with the adjudication of that probation suspended. Upon successful completion of the probation, the matter is to be expunged from their records. In addition, they had to pay all court costs. In the fall of 2005, the court granted early dismissal from probation to both Lifeson and his son.

In his journal-based book Roadshow, Peart relates the band's perspective on the events of that New Years Eve. He also says the incident was and still is a traumatic event for Lifeson and his family.

wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Lifeson#cite_note-9

Oh okay thanks a bunch trink36.gif

QUOTE (Dances with the Moon @ Dec 5 2008, 08:35 PM)
It's water under the bridge.

or beer under the bridge trink38.gif

Archived