Snakes Arrows Live DVD/ BLURAY (WOW!!!!)

presto123

the quality is outstanding in blue ray. watched the out takes and a few tunes to see what it's all about. the sound is stellar. the video is amazing. great angles and what not. i was really worried that the sound would be kind of assey but it ain't. it's spot on!!! the hi def dvd would be a let down to view it on. you can see the little pixels on the screen. there is lots of black on the screen since it's shot indoors and and you can see the little pixels in the dark areas. but in blue ray they are way smaller and you have to go up to your 1080p flat screen to see them and when you do it's just a little fuzz. back up a 2 feet and you can't seem them. video quality is great. it's nice to watch this on a 65 inch panasonic flat screen and a 6 grand sound system. makes the experience more intense and like you are there. i wish this blue ray crap or at least the high def cameras where around 20 to 30 years ago so ESL looked and sounded this great. this is what we all have been waiting for and it's worth it. got my copy at a best buy in delaware and it was only 19.99. no tax in that state. can't wait to see the rest of this masterpiece.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Nov 25 2008, 04:46 PM)
Holy crap!  I can't believe that man the same shitty packaging for the BluRay?!

Not sure about the US/Canadian version, but in the UK the Blu-ray at least has a proper plastic holder for the disc, as opposed to the slide in/out nonsense of the dvd packaging confused13.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Nov 25 2008, 10:09 AM)
It was so terrible *sniff* I had to watch it DVD not BluRay since our Canuck release date for the BluRay got pushed to December 2nd for whatever reason...

Question for yas - is the BluRay version standard BluRay packaging / case? The DVD was the shoddy flimsy cardboard crap - I couldn't believe it!

I bought the BluRay yesterday from Future Shop.........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 25 2008, 02:28 PM)
It was so terrible *sniff* I had to watch it DVD not BluRay since our Canuck release date for the BluRay got pushed to December 2nd for whatever reason...

Question for yas - is the BluRay version standard BluRay packaging / case?  The DVD was the shoddy flimsy cardboard crap - I couldn't believe it!

That's pretty zapped man! I wish I could find it!

Both Futureshop and Best Buy web sites say the DVD is out but BluRay is Dec 2nd - so I went to Best Buy yesterday to look for myself and they only had the DVD... so I got that.

Not a huge deal I guess - I can wait a few more days for the "proper" copy.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Nov 25 2008, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 25 2008, 02:28 PM)

Question for yas - is the BluRay version standard BluRay packaging / case?  The DVD was the shoddy flimsy cardboard crap - I couldn't believe it!

Both Futureshop and Best Buy web sites say the DVD is out but BluRay is Dec 2nd - so I went to Best Buy yesterday to look for myself and they only had the DVD... so I got that.

Did you try the Store Stock feature on Future Shops website? That's what I did, and it showed in stock at my local store........

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Nov 25 2008, 10:52 AM)
Has anyone got the Blueray in Canada yet?
Future Shop shows Dec. 2nd release.
Hate to buy it twice, but I will if I have to.

Take Care

Answered my own question.

I just picked up both Blueray and DVD @ Future Shop in Barrie for $20.99 and $17.99 respectively. So the Dec. 2nd date is an error.

Watch out!..... "Wallyworld" has the DVD only for $28.99!

Glad they didn't have the BD or I would have got it there.

Take Care

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Nov 24 2008, 07:37 PM)
Ok, I guess I better do this so no one whines....

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER

I love Alex doing Jambi the Genie on the menu !!!

LOL laugh.gif

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/zazx14/cartoonstuff/jambi.jpg

laugh.gif

I was laughing so hard when I put the dvd on late last night, that I had to start it over just to hear what he's saying again laugh.gif

Funny stuff laugh.gif

Amazing visuals--So crisp. Guys look great. So far, finding the sound a little flat. Could be my system but I'm listening in 5.1 through a trusted pair of polks. Toms especially are very hard to hear, especially on Limelight. Still, great product; I just like the sound on R30 better. The drums just jumped out of the t.v.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Nov 25 2008, 04:24 PM)
Amazing visuals--So crisp. Guys look great. So far, finding the sound a little flat. Could be my system but I'm listening in 5.1 through a trusted pair of polks. Toms especially are very hard to hear, especially on Limelight. Still, great product; I just like the sound on R30 better. The drums just jumped out of the t.v.

try the PCM mix - same thing happened to me on my surround. PCM setting worked very nice for me

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Nov 25 2008, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Hear Again @ Nov 25 2008, 10:52 AM)
Has anyone got the Blueray in Canada yet?
Future Shop shows Dec. 2nd release.
Hate to buy it twice, but I will if I have to.

Take Care

Answered my own question.

I just picked up both Blueray and DVD @ Future Shop in Barrie for $20.99 and $17.99 respectively. So the Dec. 2nd date is an error.

Watch out!..... "Wallyworld" has the DVD only for $28.99!

Glad they didn't have the BD or I would have got it there.

Take Care

Paid $20.99 for the BluRay also at Future Shop, although the sticker said $31.99. Thought it was a mistake........

I cannot believe how excellent this DVD is. They've really showcased the musicianship and interactions between Geddy, Alex, and Neil. Visually, it's stunning, and I only have the DVD version. This has to be their best-mixed DVD yet... I can hear every one of Neil's drums. And don't even get me started on Geddy's bass... wow. It sounds pristine.

The incredible thing is how they seem to have read our minds with the cameras. I was hoping they'd focus on Geddy's bass fills during Digital Man and they did not disappoint. Likewise for Alex's solos and countless Neil fills.

Best $15 I ever spent. And an amazing thing to start my Thanksgiving break with, after taking three tests. Phew.

QUOTE (Pagon @ Nov 25 2008, 07:59 AM)
i also got the blue ray copy and there is only one disc. did the dvd come with more than 1 disc. are there more extras on the dvd version than the blue ray. or can you fit all of everything on one blue ray disc. just got my copy this morning and have not watched yet. my ps3 is going to be worn out by the end of the day though.

BD's have 25x more space than a DVD. There's no reason why any rush release would need more than 1 BD. Hell, you could fit every Rush DVD and CD all on 1 BD disc.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Nov 25 2008, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 25 2008, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (grand phil-nale @ Nov 25 2008, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 24 2008, 11:37 PM)
The crowd looks fairly lifeless for the most part............

The crowds not that bad. One song that they really seemed into was TMMB. Which surprised me. That song got little if any reaction at any of the shows I attended here in the States.

Certain songs just mesmerize you. TMMB was one of them. Sometimes if the crowd is just standing there it's not because they are bored. laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

Well said. It's also a case of whether or not the camera catches it. The crowd in Rotterdam was great, on both nights, especially down at the front. The Atlanta crowd don't look particularly animated either, but I'm willing to bet it felt a lot different if you were actually there.

the PERFORMANCE OF

ARMOUR and SWORD

WAS GREAT

ONE OF THE BEST!!

QUOTE (trenken @ Nov 25 2008, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (Pagon @ Nov 25 2008, 07:59 AM)
i also got the blue ray copy and there is only one disc. did the dvd come with more than 1 disc. are there more extras on the dvd version than the blue ray. or can you fit all of everything on one blue ray disc. just got my copy this morning and have not watched yet. my ps3 is going to be worn out by the end of the day though.

BD's have 25x more space than a DVD. There's no reason why any rush release would need more than 1 BD. Hell, you could fit every Rush DVD and CD all on 1 BD disc.

Now that's a sweet concept!

I just got through watching all 3 discs.

It's great to see both sides of the band in living color - the serious musicianship side and the goofball side (mostly Alex). I think a lot of people aren't aware of this dynamic.

As good as Rio and R30 were, they aren't up to the standards of this DVD. I suppose the technology has improved over the past 10 years, as well. Heck, even Geddy's little camera had decent-quality footage!

Anyway, I will have to watch SnA Live several more times to fully appreciate it, but this is a classic music DVD. I am sure it will sell very well for the band.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Nov 25 2008, 01:33 PM)

That's strange, I usually go to Best Buy, but it's out of my way from work, so I held my nose and went to HMV, and they had tons of copies on Blu-Ray for $21.99.

I have to admit, I got a Blu-Ray player just for this DVD, and I was not disappointed. Amazing picture and sound. We always say it and it's always true - it's better than the last one!

Archived