New Star Trek Trailer!

ReRushed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer makes me worried, honestly. They are marketing it like an action flick and I just do not understand the Stingray opening. When I first saw the trailer, I thought since it was bootleg that the opening scene must be of a commercial for a different movie, until the kid says his name. Oh boy.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 16 2008, 02:04 AM)
The trailer makes me worried, honestly. They are marketing it like an action flick and I just do not understand the Stingray opening. When I first saw the trailer, I thought since it was bootleg that the opening scene must be of a commercial for a different movie, until the kid says his name. Oh boy.

The Stingray opening shows Kirk's reckless and risk taking ways started early in life and that he'll break the rules, if necessary.

I liked the trailer very much. I'm stoked.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 16 2008, 07:45 AM)

The Stingray opening shows Kirk's reckless and risk taking ways started early in life and that he'll break the rules, if necessary.

Well I get that part, but I just dont buy the idea that Stingrays are still around when hes a kid, or even that we are still using the gasoline required to run a car like that.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 16 2008, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 16 2008, 07:45 AM)

Well I get that part, but I just dont buy the idea that Stingrays are still around when hes a kid, or even that we are still using the gasoline required to run a car like that.

Nostalgia! That's why I referenced "Red Barchetta"! And why assume they need gasoline in Kirk's time? laugh.gif I'm sure alternative fuels replaced fossil fuels by then! yes.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 16 2008, 10:45 AM)

I saw it at Quantum on friday and thought the exact same thing regarding the red barchetta angle. My wife likes Trek and was really excited to see the trailer which is a good sign I guess...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 17 2008, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 01:30 PM)
The official trailer is up now. I think it looks great!

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

The Visuals are impressive, but it doesn't seem like Star Trek at all, it's like a new Sci fi universe altogether. I'd watch it but probably with that mindset, I'll be watching something totally new.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2008, 02:58 PM)

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

The Visuals are impressive, but it doesn't seem like Star Trek at all, it's like a new Sci fi universe altogether. I'd watch it but probably with that mindset, I'll be watching something totally new.

It doesn't seem unlike the tone of Enterprise.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 05:04 PM)

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

It's nothing like the original series which it's supposed to be based on...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2008, 03:35 PM)

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

obviously this is a re-imagining of TOS and I'm cautiously approaching it with an open mind.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 17 2008, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2008, 03:35 PM)

Star Trek Trailer

You beat me to it!

I like what I see!

obviously this is a re-imagining of TOS and I'm cautiously approaching it with an open mind.

Like I said it looks like a totally new sci fi universe...

They have updated the new Star Trek trailer to include a special treat at the end for the fans;

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39238

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks, Ms. Biscuits! The new 'Star Trek' trailer debuted when TRF was down. I meant to post the link to watch it in HD but I forgot. I deeply apologize to all of my Trekkie friends. Please know that even though I can't stand 'Star Trek' I still love all of you and meant no insult.

I have to admit, that even though i don't care for 'Star Trek', this new movie has me intrigued - not that I'm going to go out and buy a pair of Spock ears or attend a convention or obsessively collect every episode on DVD or anything, but I digress...

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 25 2008, 05:45 PM)
Thanks, Ms. Biscuits! The new 'Star Trek' trailer debuted when TRF was down. I meant to post the link to watch it in HD but I forgot. I deeply apologize to all of my Trekkie friends. Please know that even though I can't stand 'Star Trek' I still love all of you and meant no insult.

I have to admit, that even though i don't care for 'Star Trek', this new movie has me intrigued - not that I'm going to go out and buy a pair of Spock ears or attend a convention or obsessively collect every episode on DVD or anything, but I digress...

laugh.gif

I think it has potential if it doesn't become too cerebral.

I agree with you on this. It doesn't seem 'retro' enough for me. Looks more like an action movie than a sci fi. I am going to remain optimistic, but the trailer disappoints me a little - too sleak and marketed. And what's up with the action-jackson music?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 25 2008, 03:45 PM)

No offense taken. Though be warned, I used to pick on Trekkies (especially my Dad) until I actually sat down and watched the show. Now I'm one of them, its bitten me pretty hard haha.

I have obsessively collected the DVDs but I dont have the Spock ears....yet. wink.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 25 2008, 05:36 PM)

I agree with you on this. It doesn't seem 'retro' enough for me. Looks more like an action movie than a sci fi. I am going to remain optimistic, but the trailer disappoints me a little - too sleak and marketed. And what's up with the action-jackson music?

I agree with you on all points. It does look too sleek and too action oriented, but like you I'm trying to stay positive and Nimoy's appearance at the end of that most recent trailer really helps.

But however the movie ends up turning out, I will be happy because it seems to have even already peaked some peoples interest in Star Trek (The Original Series in particular) that wouldnt have paid it any attention otherwise.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 25 2008, 08:14 PM)

I agree with you on all points. It does look too sleek and too action oriented, but like you I'm trying to stay positive and Nimoy's appearance at the end of that most recent trailer really helps.

But however the movie ends up turning out, I will be happy because it seems to have even already peaked some peoples interest in Star Trek (The Original Series in particular) that wouldnt have paid it any attention otherwise.

Agreed!

After this discussion, I looked on the internet and found that CBS is streaming all of the original episodes for free. Maybe somebody has posted this, but it was new info to me.

http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 26 2008, 04:52 PM)

Agreed!

After this discussion, I looked on the internet and found that CBS is streaming all of the original episodes for free. Maybe somebody has posted this, but it was new info to me.

I don't know if anyone else has posted it either, but that's great either way. A friend of mine has been watching the series that way, I have the DVDs though so I don't need it.

Youtube also has a few full-length episodes they put up to test a new format.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=20048A7C541C941C

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 26 2008, 10:03 PM)

Agreed!

I don't know if anyone else has posted it either, but that's great either way. A friend of mine has been watching the series that way, I have the DVDs though so I don't need it.

Are these the digitally "remastered" episodes?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 26 2008, 10:16 PM)

Agreed!

Some of them are the remastered. The Carbomite Maneuver and Where No Man Has Gone Before is for sure. Haven't checked to see if there are others.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Nov 26 2008, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 26 2008, 10:16 PM)

Agreed!

Some of them are the remastered. The Carbomite Maneuver and Where No Man Has Gone Before is for sure. Haven't checked to see if there are others.

Most of them aren't, but a few remastered versions are online.

Yay, a thread about Star Trek!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 26 2008, 08:16 PM)

Agreed!

The CBS ones are remastered (I cant stand the remastered episodes) but I dont believe the youtube ones are.