Peart update

rushfr:CP

I've only scanned it but I think it's pretty cool that someone seen as one of the best rock drummers in the world isn't so high on himself that he won't submit to someone else's instruction. Sure, he was trying to improve his abilities in a different form of drumming, but still. He could have been, "Aw, man! I'm Neil Peart! I'm the baddest of the bad! I don't need IN-struction!" Instead, he took the time to seek out someone who could help him and listened to their advice. Glad he shared this.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 4 2008, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Nov 4 2008, 02:44 PM)
Neil looks so happy!  smile.gif

He does! He looks great, although the last sentence had me wondering...

Me too, but I think he is just saying that for the reader to have that to think about. Of course his life would be perfect with his wife and daughter sad.gif but otherwise its going great for him.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Nov 4 2008, 01:03 PM)
"For the first time in recorded history, I commenced to SWING!" laugh.gif

The only time NEP swings is when he goes to a party and chucks in his car keys to see who he gets, or maybe a bit of dogging in Sainsbury's carpark.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Nov 4 2008, 03:11 PM)
"For the first time in recorded history, I commenced to SWING!"  laugh.gif

The only time NEP swings is when he goes to a party and chucks in his car keys to see who he gets, or maybe a bit of dogging in Sainsbury's carpark.

fing.gif wacko.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Nov 4 2008, 06:11 PM)
"For the first time in recorded history, I commenced to SWING!"  laugh.gif

No Sainsbury's in lala land. Maybe a Safeway.

QUOTE (Passion and Precision @ Nov 4 2008, 07:07 PM)
Hey thanks for the warm welcome, troutman. I have been lurking for a few weeks and was encouraged by all the Rush-love to join. Great community here.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1zgf2u.jpg

Welcome. trink39.gif

Nice forum name new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Where's the sig pic from? Were you at a pre-2112 concert?

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Nov 4 2008, 02:47 PM)
Sweet. He should stitch all those together into a book.

Does he need more gas money already?!!

I knew he wasn't happy with his performance in 1992, but I had no idea it had gone so poorly for him. No wonder he was nervous this time around.

I really enjoyed reading that and thanks for posting. It's refreshing to learn that after all the years Neil has been playing that he can still take the trouble to study again. This is one of the qualities that truly does make a great musician - Bravo Neil. trink39.gif

I think Neil's far too self-conscious / self-deprecating about his drumming ability. But it's obvious that he's not a jazz drummer and never will be because jazz is about improvisation and flowing with the moment not scripted, rehearsed parts.

The original Burning for Buddy sessions f*cked with his head too much. He's not been the same since. It's cool and all that he's taking lessons I guess but if you have to think about swinging then it's not in you. That isn't bad or good it's just the way it is and he should stick to rock drumming, his particular brand of rock drumming that is.

Archived