Rush Hashanah

Fancy_Dancer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Sep 27 2008, 02:10 PM)
WTH! This was posted almost 2 days ago and no replies yet?!?!?!

Cut your damn TV's on and watch this program you non posting bastids! tongue.gif 1022.gif

Thanks Fancy Dancer, as I was just about to post this topic myself until I saw your thread. cool10.gif

That's because it's been mentioned quite a few times already.

Looking forward to watching it though.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Sep 27 2008, 05:10 PM)
WTH! This was posted almost 2 days ago and no replies yet?!?!?!

Cut your damn TV's on and watch this program you non posting bastids! tongue.gif 1022.gif

Thanks Fancy Dancer, as I was just about to post this topic myself until I saw your thread. cool10.gif

posted SEVERAL times already.............weeks ago.........

I don't mean to diminish anyone's excitement but I'm not so sure what the big deal is for us on the forum. I doubt there's anybody here who doesn't have the Rio and R30 dvds. The Hangin' With shows are repeats from years ago and I'd suspect that most everybody here either has or has seen the concept videos many times over. I'm glad for the band that they're getting exposure but really the only thing I don't already have on dvd/tape is the promo for the new dvd. That's about the only thing that's new here. Heck, the short Colbert appearance had more "fresh" stuff than the entire two days combined. Again, I think it's cool that other people might get exposed to those awesome concerts but it all seems completely redundant to hardcore Rush fans. I am really excited to see a teaser for the new dvd though.

Oh well, not trying to ruin anyone else's fun I just wonder if I'm missing something here.

I haven't seen Rio so I'm excited 

Ok, that's cool. I'm just surprised that anybody would care enough about the band to spend time at The Rush Forum but yet not actually bother to have the dvds, especially one that's been out for five years. I guess maybe some fans here have just recently gotten into the band. I'm not criticizing, just genuinely surprised.

I haven't seen any of the Hangin' With Rush interviews, so I'm psyched to record them. Also, to be honest, I'm looking forward to recording the concept videos just so I'll have them.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 28 2008, 08:16 AM)
I haven't seen Rio so I'm excited 

Ok, that's cool. I'm just surprised that anybody would care enough about the band to spend time at The Rush Forum but yet not actually bother to have the dvds, especially one that's been out for five years. I guess maybe some fans here have just recently gotten into the band. I'm not criticizing, just genuinely surprised.

Or maybe some people just don't buy DVDs

That's fine. Like I said, I'm not criticizing and everybody's got different priorities but if you're obviously a big fan of the band and are admittedly really excited to see the concert wouldn't you actually want to have it? I can't imagine going the last five years without even seeing it. I realize things aren't free but surely anybody can accumulate roughly $4 a year for something they're really excited about. Like I said, I know it's none of my business, I'm just curious. I'm glad you're going to get to see it in any case, the energy level of the band and the crowd is really intense. It'll be interesting to see how much they cut out of it though, it's in a three hour slot but the runtime of the dvd is about 2 hours and 50 minutes. Considering the normal commercial ratio they're going to have to cut at least half an hour out I'd assume. R30 is also in a three hour slot but at around 2 hours and 20 minutes they might be able to play the whole thing. It'd be great if the whole marathon makes some new fans.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 28 2008, 01:00 PM)

That's fine. Like I said, I'm not criticizing and everybody's got different priorities but if you're obviously a big fan of the band and are admittedly really excited to see the concert wouldn't you actually want to have it? I can't imagine going the last five years without even seeing it. I realize things aren't free but surely anybody can accumulate roughly $4 a year for something they're really excited about. Like I said, I know it's none of my business, I'm just curious. I'm glad you're going to get to see it in any case, the energy level of the band and the crowd is really intense. It'll be interesting to see how much they cut out of it though, it's in a three hour slot but the runtime of the dvd is about 2 hours and 50 minutes. Considering the normal commercial ratio they're going to have to cut at least half an hour out I'd assume. R30 is also in a three hour slot but at around 2 hours and 20 minutes they might be able to play the whole thing. It'd be great if the whole marathon makes some new fans.

How does watching a video determine a fan? I listen to the music.

You may not be criticizing, but it sounds to me that you really want to know why I haven't seen it. Why? What is the big deal? I will see it tomorrow. If I feel I need to, I will buy it.

Life and priorites do tend to get in the way of material items.

I would think that even the most hardcore Rush fans (whether they own the DVDs or not) would enjoy 24 hrs of non-stop Rush. To me anytime I see the videos or DVDs it makes me giddy like a school girl...anyone else feel that way?

QUOTE (tHobbs @ Sep 28 2008, 05:56 PM)
Its only R30 and RiR. No ESL, GuP or ASoH.

Nice, but not worth my time.

Seen R30 and Rio SEVERAL times........I really don't need to tune in to VH1 to see their crappy quality/edited versions...........

Archived