Ultimate Queensryche

Steevo

i don't think they will ever top the first 3 albums

Most defining track?

I would say " I Dont believe in Love" ....and " Operation " as a whole is a good album.

I was always surprised they didn't have more great albums.

They were defintly one of the more skilled bands of the 80s.

Some definite Progressive influences.

Ah, yes... the 'Ryche. They could put on one hell of a show back in the day. The Promised Land album/tour was awesome.

I remember in highschool they came out with their 4-song EP really well because a buddy of mine bought it and it stayed in the tape deck of his truck for about a month or something crazy like that. Obsessed with it. Good stuff, though. We went to see them a few times.

And they were local guys, (Bellevue, WA.) 1022.gif trink39.gif

IMO Rage For Order was their best album. I have never heard something similar since.

Operation Mindcrime is my 2Nd fave QR album.

I will remember or Screaming in Digital are my tips for most defining tracks. Though also Silent Lucidity and Anybody listening? from Empire, and The Mission and Eyes of a Stranger from OM. Heck, there are so many when I start thinking on it. I will put QR on in my car on my way to work tomorrow! trink36.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 22 2008, 02:40 PM)
IMO Rage For Order was their best album. I have never heard something similar since.

Operation Mindcrime is my 2Nd fave QR album.

I will remember or Screaming in Digital are my tips for most defining tracks. Though also Silent Lucidity and Anybody listening? from Empire, and The Mission and Eyes of a Stranger from OM. Heck, there are so many when I start thinking on it. I will put QR on in my car on my way to work tomorrow! trink36.gif

Rage For Order has awesome songs on it. You can't go wrong with songs like Walk in the Shadows, Neue Regel, and London. Another one of my favourites from the Ryche.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Sep 21 2008, 10:05 AM)
"Operation Mindcrime" was a front to back classic. I'd say something from that would be their defining moment. The record as a whole is a defining moment.

Seconded. I don't even like metal, and that's one of my favorite albums.

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 22 2008, 02:40 PM)

yes.gif

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Sep 21 2008, 03:20 PM)
Ah, yes... the 'Ryche. They could put on one hell of a show back in the day. The Promised Land album/tour was awesome.

I remember in highschool they came out with their 4-song EP really well because a buddy of mine bought it and it stayed in the tape deck of his truck for about a month or something crazy like that. Obsessed with it. Good stuff, though. We went to see them a few times.

And they were local guys, (Bellevue, WA.) 1022.gif trink39.gif

I bought that EP just because it looked cool. You could tell they would eventually be pretty good and Geoff was obviously good from the start.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Sep 21 2008, 09:05 AM)
"Operation Mindcrime" was a front to back classic. I'd say something from that would be their defining moment. The record as a whole is a defining moment.

goodpost.gif

I saw this performed live in its entirety... phenomenal! 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 22 2008, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (raygun47 @ Sep 21 2008, 09:05 AM)
"Operation Mindcrime" was a front to back classic.  I'd say something from that would be their defining moment.  The record as a whole is a defining moment.

goodpost.gif

I saw this performed live in its entirety... phenomenal! 1022.gif

Concept metal at its finest.

The only thing I disliked about the grunge scene was that it hurt banmds like thes as well as putting an end to the hair metal scene. Throwing the good out with the bad.

Archived