1. 1. ART OR CRAP?

• ART
    • CRAP
    • ART & CRAP

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2005, 08:52 PM)
the whole purpose to do this was to say "once upon a time"

"once upon a time there were saffron gates in central park"

062802puke_prv.gif

Why do you shit on peeps that are doing what they love?

Is this hurting you?

Why the hate?

20 bucks says that the homeless people will rip down those sheets.

Huh, is that a permanent thing? I always liked Central Park's feel when you walked through it of being a forest in the middle of a huge city. This is kinda distracting. Then again though I havent been to NY for over a year so my vote may not be as applicable. (NY is my favorite city outside SF btw, I came this close to moving there instead of here)

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 13 2005, 09:19 PM)
The artists are paying for the project - which could be as much as $21 million - themselves.
apnews.myway.com

At the cost of $21 million, I think it's a waste of time and money. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

What? Now we're telling peeps how to spend their money??

How f*cked up is that?

I didn't tell them how to spend their money, I just think it's a waste. I can think of better things to do with 21 million than hang bed sheets from 2x4's.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 13 2005, 09:25 PM)
The artists are paying for the project - which could be as much as $21 million - themselves.
apnews.myway.com

At the cost of $21 million, I think it's a waste of time and money. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

How f*cked up is that?

I didn't tell them how to spend their money, I just think it's a waste. I can think of better things to do with 21 million than hang bed sheets from 2x4's.

That's real respectful of someone who spent their time and money to do an exhibition for free.

If I said I think your post is stupid would you feel the same way?

Yeah. Hurts dont it?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 13 2005, 10:25 PM)
Huh, is that a permanent thing? I always liked Central Park's feel when you walked through it of being a forest in the middle of a huge city. This is kinda distracting. Then again though I havent been to NY for over a year so my vote may not be as applicable. (NY is my favorite city outside SF btw, I came this close to moving there instead of here)

No, all Cristo's art installations are temporary...I'll admit the dollar amount is astronomical, but there's a whimsical feel to this kind of art. I liked what his wife had to say about it...to paraphrase: "No, it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't stand for anything. It's just beautiful."

I'm a practical gal (most moms have to be) but there's something appealing about impracticality for the sake of beauty.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 11:28 PM)
apnews.myway.com

How f*cked up is that?

That's real respectful of someone who spent their time and money to do an exhibition for free.

Yeah. Hurts dont it?

I think it's disrespectful for people to insult my intelligence by putting up garbage like this and calling it 'art'. It's almost as if they didn't even try. I mean, couldn't the sheets at least be in different colors? Why are they all in traffic cone orange?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 13 2005, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 11:28 PM)
apnews.myway.com

How f*cked up is that?

Yeah. Hurts dont it?

I think it's disrespectful for people to insult my intelligence by putting up garbage like this and calling it 'art'. It's almost as if they didn't even try. I mean, couldn't the sheets at least be in different colors? Why are they all in traffic cone orange?

It takes an open mind to appreciate art and artists.

Must suck to have a closed rigid mind.

Archived