Do you get along with your neighbors?

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 19 2008, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 19 2008, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 19 2008, 10:12 PM)
What's the population?

About 200

That's small. What happens if you need to be in a hospital?

The nearest cottage hospital is 10 miles away and the nearest major hospital is 50 miles so thats ok.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 19 2008, 05:08 PM)
What's the population?

About 200

The nearest cottage hospital is 10 miles away and the nearest major hospital is 50 miles so thats ok.

Sounds ok if you're in perfect health.

How bout the nearest steakhouse? wink.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 19 2008, 11:12 PM)
What's the population?

About 200

Really, I'm always amazed at the reasons people are too timid to live away from a major city.

By the time you factor in ridiculous traffic etc, I can probably be in the nearest city (Aberdeen) quicker than it would take someone to get from one side of it to another.

As for medical care, you would be surprised at the level of expertise in rural areas. besides, I am a medic myself, so I suppos I have a head start there.

No horrible fast food joints nearby, which is a plus for me personally, though there are some restaraunts within ten miles or so.

We live next store to a farmer. A great neighbour. He tilled our soil and set the lawn seed for free. Would not accept a penny. Nothing in front of us, nothing behind us. Holiday house next to us, but no-one's ever there.

Totally with Fridge on this, you can't beat the bucolic life.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 19 2008, 05:20 PM)
What's the population?

About 200

Really, I'm always amazed at the reasons people are too timid to live away from a major city.

By the time you factor in ridiculous traffic etc, I can probably be in the nearest city (Aberdeen) quicker than it would take someone to get from one side of it to another.

As for medical care, you would be surprised at the level of expertise in rural areas. besides, I am a medic myself, so I suppos I have a head start there.

No horrible fast food joints nearby, which is a plus for me personally, though there are some restaraunts within ten miles or so.

I'm not timid in any way, but the fact is that some us require more in depth advanced medical facilities. I'm not talking cuts and broken arms.

I'd love to play a golf course out there though.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 19 2008, 11:32 PM)
What's the population?

About 200

I'm not timid in any way, but the fact is that some us require more in depth advanced medical facilities. I'm not talking cuts and broken arms.

I'd love to play a golf course out there though.

And as I've just pointed out, you stop thinking in terms of distance, and how long it takes you to get to places. I could probably be in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary just as quickly as someone who lives on the other side of Aberdeen.

there are plenty of Golf courses, but I can't stand the game....

What's the population?

About 200

And I bet the surrounding landscape is blissfully free from ugly roadside billboards, you can walk most places you might need to go, and at night you can actually see the stars instead of having the view blotted out by bright city lighting.

I used to think that rural life would be dull. Now it's a goal of mine to retire to some quiet little place where everybody stops to chat in the market.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 19 2008, 01:37 PM)
With the exception of a few waves or quick chat, I'd say most of the people are very clanish or keep to themselves on my block.

That's because they know you love Rush.

We get along so well they threw me a goodbye party the other night.(I'm moving).

Plans for partying in the future are being made.

It helps that we're all single and look out for each other.

I hope my next group of neighbors are as nice!

I did, until I blew up my neighbor's car on 4th of July. LOL

I spent $11.69 on fireworks (yea, I'm a cheap bastard) and had 1 decent firework to use as a finale. It went straight up in the air 6 feet and made an abrupt turn straight for my neighbor's brand new Tahoe. And yes, I did go over there and admit it was me and told him if he wanted to make a homeowner claim on my insurance, he could. I haven't seen or talked to them since.

My other neighbor is awesome. He's an old WWII vet. Sadly, he just found out he has lung cancer. Terrible news.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jul 20 2008, 10:46 AM)
I did, until I blew up my neighbor's car on 4th of July. LOL

I spent $11.69 on fireworks (yea, I'm a cheap bastard) and had 1 decent firework to use as a finale. It went straight up in the air 6 feet and made an abrupt turn straight for my neighbor's brand new Tahoe. And yes, I did go over there and admit it was me and told him if he wanted to make a homeowner claim on my insurance, he could. I haven't seen or talked to them since.

My other neighbor is awesome. He's an old WWII vet. Sadly, he just found out he has lung cancer. Terrible news.

That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I can picture you standing there, slack-jawed in the immediate aftermath, wishing you could redo the last 2 minutes of your life! At least you manned up and took responsibility.

Sad about your other neighbor. I'll bet he's had some wonderful stories to share.

I get along great with my neighbors. My next door neighbors on one side are an older couple, and their daughters are away at college, so they love to play with my kids. They are also die hard White Sox fans, so we talk baseball all of the time. On the other side, is a guy from Poland who takes care of his Mom. She is really old, and you never see her leave the house. He is a really nice guy, and will occasionally bring me Polish beer. There is no better way to get on my good side. biggrin.gif

I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor...there are 4 total units in my "living space" here.

My upstairs neighbors are nice people, and the couple that live below them are nice also...but there's always one in the group...

The people that live below me complain about us, and the other 2 in the unit just about EVERY day.

It's either I'm stomping on the floor...the couple next to them are too loud and need to close their window when they "Make whoopie" (that's a direct quote). Dogs, cats, squirrels, lawn mower, kids, etc etc...whatever is going on around their place is a "violation of the rules and regulations of the complex" wacko.gif

They must have a copy of the lease and rules of the complex completely memorized...they can come up with the most unreal shit I've ever seen...I can't wait until I get Rock Band...they'll love it!

Hopefully they'll move soon...the other 2 couples can stay all they want!!!

Archived