Toronto Show 2 nite!!!!!

YYZ Working Man

QUOTE (ByTor2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 02:44 PM)
Show was fabulous. Loud and clear.

Had 202 row P aisle seats which were great, except for the jackasses in the second set who decided standing IN the aisle blocking our entire section was perfectly fine.

No idea whats up with all the hate towards security.

Without them, the guys standing in the aisle next to and in front of me would have got the beating of a lifetime by many of us who asked them to move along several times. Security herded them away pretty quickly.

I know people who work security for concerts and other events and it is not an easy gig, so ease up on the trash talk. Without them, its a free for all and things would get ugly large for the wingnuts who get too high and too drunk and there were plenty of 'em last night.

Hey bud! I was just in from the isle, in row O, section 202 as well!

I didn't notice the guys in the isle. I had more trouble seeing through the second set though, after everyone in front of me decided to stand up!

laugh.gif

I refused to sit...so it was perfect through the first set when half our section sat. laugh.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw Rush twice at the Molson Amphitheater (2002, 2004). Security SUCKED, and the CROWD sucked!!! Going through the gates was like entering a prison. All these "business men" kept talking on their cell phones throughout the show, it was the lousiest rock concert crowd I had ever seen... Business meetings at a Rush concert???? I have a boot of the VT show there, and you can hear everyone around not even paying attention to the show... PATHETIC! Typical, Toronto! 
rofl3.gif

Seeing Rush in their hometown is NOT the experience everyone thinks it is!

unsure.gif

as far as the show goes -its always a great concert ...

the experience,: is usually alot of fun

however you do raise a valid point and a good observation of the some of the people - there were some of those guys last night too at the gates.

RUSH fans are not typical-therefore the crowds will vary from ages 7- 70 with many differnt personalities

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Jul 10 2008, 03:23 PM)
Saw Rush twice at the Molson Amphitheater (2002, 2004). Security SUCKED, and the CROWD sucked!!! Going through the gates was like entering a prison. All these "business men" kept talking on their cell phones throughout the show, it was the lousiest rock concert crowd I had ever seen... Business meetings at a Rush concert???? I have a boot of the VT show there, and you can hear everyone around not even paying attention to the show... PATHETIC! Typical, Toronto! 062802puke_prv.gif

Nothing like that would ever happen at the Bell Center here in Montreal.

Come spend some time at the Jazz Festival in Montreal, where 100 000+ are in the streets on any given night during the festival, and not ONE incident happens throughout 10 days of music. You can move from the last row to the front of the stage and no one pushes anybody, and everyone is dancing and having a blast. Security is invisible, quietly doing their job.... Montreal crowds KNOW how to behave!!! Same with the Saint-Jean Baptiste concert at Parc Maisonneuve where there was
200 000+!!! I passed my turn at the Guantanamo Amphitheater this time, and will never go back there

Seeing Rush in their hometown is NOT the experience everyone thinks it is!

Hey dude - I would personally agree that Montreal is likely the best place on Earth to see Rush however you shouldn't bash on Toronto so hard.

Number one: security has nothing to do with the band or fans. Yes at the Ampitheatre in particular they are a bunch of douche bags. You think Rush is bad try seeing a heavier band where they won't even allow fans to bring BEER to their seats.... as much as the security at the venue sucks... the venue itself is *beautiful* on a nice night and last night was just magic. I hope I never have to see Rush at the ACC again and can always catch them at the Ampitheatre instead.

Number two: every show is different, even in the same city. Previously when Rush played my headquarters in Ottawa - the crowd just BLEW. Snakes and Arrows last year though the crowd had me beaming with pride. Similarly although I thought the crowd was so-so at the ACC show I saw last year - the crowd last night was *AWESOME*. If you weren't there than you don't know, so stfu.

wacko.gif

Not sure if it was because I was sitting in the wrong place ( I don't think I was...I was directly straight on from the Line Arrays...but did anyone else find the sound phasing??? aka a swooshing sound, or like the sound was cutting in and out? My friend and I both noticed it. It was brutal.

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Jul 10 2008, 03:41 PM)
allow fans to bring BEER to their seats....

we certainly drank alot of beer last night trink39.gif

Everything last night was perfect including our *buzzz* it was absolutely the perfect buzzed-to-drunk ratio my group had going last night, it was one of the funnest days I can recall in months.

Glad you enjoyed lots too!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Hey, Godeater2112

I wasn't talking about last night, I was talking about 2002 & 2004. So STFU yourself and READ my post correctly! And were you there in my section???

ALSO, I didn't say the Amphitheater is an ugly place, I said the security there is a bunch of idiots taking away from the enjoyment of the show with their constant bullying.

I don't see anything bashing Rush in there anywhere either!

Take a chill pill, I'm only expressing my opinion. Other posters last year also posted how the crowd sucked at the ACC.

I WAS in Ottawa last September, and the crowd was AWESOME! There!

At the Grand-Prix in MONTREAL the security "BEST" not to name them were were ALSO a bunch of Nazi assholes, provoking people that had not done anything, and being total idiots making 121 000 people get out in a ONE lane passage off the island, until the crowd decided they had enough and moved them aside to which they just stood helpless.

Chill out dude! trink39.gif

Supersyl -

This thread is about the show last night where is just so happened the crowd was awesome... but you come in and are stereotyping that the crowds there suck.

Not just that but obviously *many* TRF members went to that show last night and you know that most of us here are absolute Rush zealots and rocked our asses off last night so... your comments are rather insulting whether you intended it that way or not. I don't need a chill pill I am just telling you your comment could have been nicer.

Anyways Montreal is my favorite place to see Rush and I will never miss a show there even if they play there 40 times in one year. Next time let's meet up for a drink - a bunch of us usually gather at Ziggy's on Crescent St.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Jul 10 2008, 04:18 PM)
Sorry... Didn't mean to start a fight. I was just replying to the comments made about security at the Amphitheater. Mods please remove my comment if it is offensive.

Godeater, sorry if I offended you, my bad trink39.gif

It's all good man! Funny thing is if you were at the show last night instead one of the cruddy ones you attended there previously you might have a whole different perspective on the Ampitheatre and her Rush fans!

Every man is little more than a summary of their experiences - so we all have our different impressions and opinions about stuff.

Sorry I used "stfu" in my first reply to you. Although it was in lower case it was still was snarkier than it needed to be.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 10 2008, 03:40 PM)
Not sure if it was because I was sitting in the wrong place ( I don't think I was...I was directly straight on from the Line Arrays...but did anyone else find the sound phasing??? aka a swooshing sound, or like the sound was cutting in and out?  My friend and I both noticed it.  It was brutal.

Never noticed any phasing sounds; the sound was great where I was sitting! smile.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 03:42 PM)
funnest

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 10 2008, 04:41 PM)
funnest

bolt.gif

Whyska you quoted that?

*boggles into thin air*

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/funnest

You're trusting Wikipedia? ohmy.gif bolt.gif

Edit: Seriously, is "funnest" a word? I didn't think it was.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/funnest eh.gif

Anybody who had a problem with that show last night, surely must be off their rocker.....literally. That was possibly the best Rush show I've ever seen out of the 6 times I've seen them play.

Godeats......too bad we couldn't hook up bro, but amidst all the chaos and excitement, and then the painfully slow exit of the Ampitheatre, t'wasn't in the cards.........next time!!!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 10 2008, 06:14 PM)
Anybody who had a problem with that show last night, surely must be off their rocker.....literally. That was possibly the best Rush show I've ever seen out of the 6 times I've seen them play.

Godeats......too bad we couldn't hook up bro, but amidst all the chaos and excitement, and then the painfully slow exit of the Ampitheatre, t'wasn't in the cards.........next time!!!!

1022.gif

That post was actually made by ME!!

I forgot to sign YA YA off my 'puter.....

YA YA BABY!!!!

1022.gif wub.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif rose.gif

Before last night the only time i saw them was last fall at the first ACC show which was awesome but man last nights show was just SOOOOO much better.

I rocked my ASS off air drumming and singing along to every word.

Last fall at the ACC i was basically sitting beside the stage (on Alex's side) but this time i was DEAD CENTRE, second row of the lawn. And boy did the crowd in that area go nuts, i dont think ive ever seen a crowd that crazy when 2112 started (and ive been to Ozzfest)

The friend i went with isnt a a real rush fan (its not like he doesnt like them he just doesnt really listen to them) yet even he thought the show was great, he was totally blown away by Neils solo.

The scene was just amazing, around 10 or so when the sun had set but to the west you could still see some blue sky listening to Witch Hunt (wow what a moment)

I was surprised how many people left during the encore, i could see how some people would leave after Tom Sawyer (at least if they didnt know there would be an encore) but even all throughout the 3 song mini set there was a solid line of people on the way out.

Anyway they must be up to something with those extra cameras since i didnt see those views being used on the video boards.

Hopefully perhaps an extra on the Snakes DVD??? tongue.gif

I saw a Passat with an Ontario plate reading "BYTOR 6" Is that anyone from here? A few combos I thought of during the show for mine (when I can afford the insurance for a car, seeing as I'm 19 LOL)

FLYBYNGHT

LARGRBWL

XANADU <---probably taken)

SPRCNDTR

2112SRNX

Rush, was awesome.

I was disappointed though about how many people were sitting! I guess last time (Sept/19) I didn't notice because I was really out of it and we were in the back of our section so it didn't matter what we did. And the lady behind us had the nerve to tell us to sit down.

I was sitting around drinking all day. I didn't want to sit. Plus I couldn't see if I was sitting because of the people infront of me and I'd have to screw my neck to see the show.

When I goto a concert, I don't pay 100+ bucks to sit and watch it like it's a movie, I go to rock out. It's Rush man not some Dave Mathews boring crap (no offense), it's not knee tapping music, it's exciting music and I cannot sit down for that without getting REALLY anxious... Anyway, The security wouldn't let us stand in the aisles or behind our section either so there was no compromise.

I also noticed that security was on everyone's ass about smoking. Which is the first I've ever seen anywhere. I went to see NIN at the Molson and everyone was smoking pot... I guess they got in trouble for being so relaxed about it... I don't know. Oh well.

Anyway, I thought they played really well and Geddy's moves were friggen hot. I can't wait to see them again... but it's probably going to be a while. Rush is just one of those bands that I'd go see over and over again because they put on such an awesome show... I love the green lazers.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 10 2008, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 10 2008, 03:40 PM)
Not sure if it was because I was sitting in the wrong place ( I don't think I was...I was directly straight on from the Line Arrays...but did anyone else find the sound phasing??? aka a swooshing sound, or like the sound was cutting in and out?  My friend and I both noticed it.  It was brutal.

Never noticed any phasing sounds; the sound was great where I was sitting! smile.gif

funnest

bolt.gif

weird. must of been the right angle that we were sitting at. There was so much phasing going on, it was distracting. oh well.

I had the BEST TIME EVER IN TORONTO! laugh.gif

That show was the single most amazing thing I have ever seen. What was even cooler was that during the show I realized that exactly one year before then I was attending my very first Rush concert. July 9th, 2007 at the Mohegan Sun in CT. Had such a blast!

It was a pleasure meeting up with:

PhilCastro

Ya Big Tree

Kid Gloves and her mom

D-Rock and his buddy, Carl

GeddysMullet

Different Strings

and aaanybody else I may have forgotten

sorry I couldnt meet up with all you other TRFers at the show!

NEXT TOUR 1022.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 01:36 PM)
Whether it is or not it should be.... funnest totally discribulates my day yesterday!

Investigative note: Firefox Speelchecker also says funnest is fine.

Describulates?

Can I use that? laugh.gif

I am still wrecked after my first ever trip across the Atlantic. Toronto, what a show, one of the best i've experienced in what i can only describe as one of the most friendliest city i have ever spent time in.

Show- 10/10

Toronto-10/10, can't wait to come back.

Archived