South Park or Family Guy.

liddybuck01

which show is funnier????  

31 members have voted

1. 1. which show is funnier????

• South Park
    • Family Guy

ok, this war has been waged on other message boards i post on. it ended in a even tie. so, I'll ask this question here.

once and for all, who is better????

i like both, but South Park is just amazing to me. Trey Parker is a genius.

Family Guy no contest. I do enjoy South Park once a while but I do feel its taken a turn at just trying to be offensive and getting ratings via shock value lately rather than focusing on being genuinely funny.

Family Guy is some of the most random humour ever and I love it, you have to have a sharp mind and be in tune with popular culture to get it and I've found myself writing down the names of people mentioned in the gags and looking them up on Google the next day in order to get the joke so I can laugh next time. Awesome show, best animated comedy ever.

Family Guy, gotta be! I've never been that into South Park... Edited by Jaye

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 22 2008, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 22 2008, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jun 22 2008, 01:20 AM)
Family Guy.

Best show on TV.  Period.

no.gif

Yes! cool.gif

Now The Sopranos has gone anyway.

It's nice that people enjoy the show, but it's just too derivative and the writing borders on plagiarism. It's not the best show on television. no.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Turn Me On Dead Man @ Jun 21 2008, 11:34 AM)
Neither.

yes.gif

I think they're both hilarious but so different in approach: SP is more social satire while FG is just scattershot jokes. And at times I find FG's attempts to offend to be gratuitous and mean so I'll give the edge to SP for overall execution of concept.

Plus that Seth Mcfarlane is a prick.

While Family Guy is funny, and I do enjoy watching it, South Park is more original, and when it is on target, nothing is funnier. And I think South Park is enjoying a bit of a renaissance. This newest season is the best in years.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 21 2008, 09:30 AM)
Family Guy no contest. I do enjoy South Park once a while but I do feel its taken a turn at just trying to be offensive and getting ratings via shock value lately rather than focusing on being genuinely funny.

Family Guy is some of the most random humour ever and I love it, you have to have a sharp mind and be in tune with popular culture to get it and I've found myself writing down the names of people mentioned in the gags and looking them up on Google the next day in order to get the joke so I can laugh next time. Awesome show, best animated comedy ever.

I tend not to "follow", if you will, the things that are popular. Thank God I found out about Family Guy in 2004 before I knew it was "the" show. I like South Park, don't get me wrong, but Family Guy is just better IMO.

Now if they'd stop making fun of Meg so much... it's getting out of hand! yes.gif But, I guess that's what makes her the underdog. b_sigh.gif

Love'em both.