A Haunting

Tick

Does anyone watch this show on Discovery channel ? It is pure creepyness. Its a hour long documentary show, which tells peoples true storys of ghosts, demons, possesions, all things supernatural. The show is very effective using dramatization footage to accompany the narator. They always have the person or persons who the story happened too, tell there tale, along with the narators commentary. If you are often disappointed with horror movies, this show delivers that errie feeling every episode. I love getting creeped out watching this show.

Its on 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm every weekday on discovery channel. (Eastern standard time in my area.)

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE !

Edited by tick

I watch regularly. It's downright scary.

Sometimes it's on late at night, which if you ask me....is the best time to watch.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 6 2008, 03:02 PM)
I watch regularly. It's downright scary.

Sometimes it's on late at night, which if you ask me....is the best time to watch.

Its a shame no one else does, its damn scary ! scared.gif

Everyone else is probably too chicken.

Personally, I love having the bejesus scared out of me.

I watch it from time to time. Whenever I see it on I flip to that channel, but I dont know exactly what time and night its on and go out of my way to watch it. It is quite a scary show though. Personaly, that stuff scares me more than horror movies.

Sometimes I'll watch it if I catch it.

I used to be into that kind of stuff...good vs. evil, ghost, spirits, and demonology. I really believed it. I like to think of it as hogwash now...maybe I've become jaded and arogant....but as much as I don't want to believe in it...I still get freaked out by that show.

I've never watched an entire episode, but occasionally my kids will turn it on and conveniently leave...and, in the time it's taken me to run and change the channel, it's scared the crap out of me.

I'm not sure whether this show is real or not, but I do believe in ghostly experiences because I've had two of them in my lifetime. The strange thing about both of them is that I didn't know they were happening at the time.

One as a child, I didn't find out until 30 years later when my aunt told me that her old ranch house in West Texas was, in fact, haunted and described how people who slept in a certain bedroom would get the sensations of having chills and shaking, because an Indian slave had died in that room after having been bitten by a rattle snake. I had that exact experience in that bedroom as a child, and, when I told my parents about it (it felt like my bed was shaking), they, knowing that if I found out it was a haunted house would insist on leaving immediately and spoiling the family vacation (yes, I was, am, and always will be a chicken), chose not to tell me. They just let me sleep with them.

The second one was a few years ago. My then boyfriend and I had rented a room in a B&B in Beaufort, NC, which I would later come to find out is one of the most haunted cities in the country?? Well, late one night as we were getting ready for bed, we could hear what sounded like a small child playing outside in the hallway, rolling marbles across the floor and also running up and down the stairs. We both commented that it was strange considering how late it was but just assumed it was a family on vacation and didn't think much of it.

The next morning, at breakfast, there, in fact, was a young couple with a small child at our table, the only other people there that morning. In talking to them, I commented that we had heard him playing out in the hall the night before, and the couple looked at each other and said: Oh, we didn't stay in the house last night, we stayed in the cabin out back. We're friends of the owners. We don't sleep in the house. Hmmmm....

So, later, when the owner came to sit down at breakfast and visit with us, we were telling her how much we had enjoyed our stay, and asked if there was anyone else staying in the other bedrooms. She said: Nope, you had the house to yourself last night. Well, that's interesting, because we heard a small child playing outside our door in the hallway.

That's when she proceeded to tell us about the family who used to live in that particular house in the early 1900's and that a number of their children had died there. She said her friends won't even sleep in the house anymore because of how creeped out they were about it. She went on to tell us about other ghostly experiences that had occurred in that house, and, upon seeing the look on my face, she assured me that the room we stayed in was not haunted...yeah, right. She also said she doesn't tell boarders about it for fear it will keep them from renting from them. Good call.....I know I'll never go back...lol.

Sorry...went on kind of long...but that show always makes me remember these incidents...which is why I DON'T watch it.

Cel

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Jun 8 2008, 09:09 AM)
Sometimes I'll watch it if I catch it.

I used to be into that kind of stuff...good vs. evil, ghost, spirits, and demonology. I really believed it. I like to think of it as hogwash now...maybe I've become jaded and arogant....but as much as I don't want to believe in it...I still get freaked out by that show.

Wheather or not you choose to believe something or not to believe it, truth is truth, and it wont change because you choose not to believe. Logic tells me, if there is a natural realm,(the one we exist in) there is a supernatural realm as well. Thats just my opinion.

I've seen the show, but since I don't watch a lot of TV or own a Tivo, I usually don't get to see it. I do like it.

I've watched the show a few times but I find the dramatizations to hard to sit through. Just give me the facts. If you have proof to back up what you are saying, that's great too. When they over do it with the reenactments, it tends push people away.

Ever noticed that the actors in the dramatizations are always way, way better, but similar looking than the real people?

1022.gif love this show! anythin to do with this kinda

subject matter i watch.

theres nuther show like this i think on the travel channel

i wanna go on a few of these shows where u walk threw & record

ur findings ( TAPS & other shows like that)

that would be so cool to actully experience somthin like that 1287.gif

One of my favorites, own season 1&2 box set.(season three suppose to be out soon on dvd)

Not a good idea to watch right before going to sleep! scared.gif

Not like Ghost Hunters(another one we enjoy) which for the most part has harmless feel good pleasant endings with encounters of the supernatural.

A Haunting mostly leaves things unresolved ,leaving you with a feeling of dread and unease. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif GREAT SHOW

If you can find it on A&E they also have a good one called Paranormal States.

I'm catching this thread at about 1:45PM. Guess what? It's on in 15 minutes!! 653.gif I'm going to watch it while I work. I never have the tv on when I'm working. But today, I'll make an exception. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I watch it when there's nothing on.

I don't believe in ghosts and all that supernatural junk and I'm always wondering how much these people get paid for telling their story but I haven't bothered to look into it because I don't care enough to. A lot of it pisses me off because it's such bullshit. I know people like to exaggerate stories, especially if they're on TV, because reality just isn't that interesting (for TV atleast).

Half of it is just the music working you up and flashes of random 'dead' images. I don't know I guess I used to be into it but now I'm not because it just doesn't do it for me anymore because I know it's crap.

Sounds pretty entertaining in an "In Search Of..." kinda way. I'll have to check it out.

About the truthfulness of the material though, I have to say this.... People once believed War of the Worlds was real too. Anything can be made to feel real with the right editing.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 8 2008, 01:02 PM)
I watch it as a matter of fact it just ended now I am watching Physic Investigator's I love this stuff Plus I do believe yes.gif

tru dat... cool.gif